Author Topic: Allen Iverson Needs A Job!  (Read 8563 times)

Re: At this point, would you call Allen Iverson? Yes or No
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Worst comes to worst, try to bargain a $8 million deal with only $1000 guaranteed and a team option to waive him if we don't win the championship.

We're over the salary cap.  We're not signing anyone to a $8 million deal.  And why is that a bargain?  Why would you outbid his next highest offer by $8 million?

Code: [Select]
Sarcasm... maybe a ten-day or two? If he fits, keep 'im

He's not signing a 10 day contract.  Unless that was sarcasm too.

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Worst comes to worst, try to bargain a $8 million deal with only $1000 guaranteed and a team option to waive him if we don't win the championship.

Is this a joke post?
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51

We're over the salary cap.  We're not signing anyone to a $8 million deal.  And why is that a bargain?  Why would you outbid his next highest offer by $8 million?

Code: [Select]
Sarcasm... maybe a ten-day or two? If he fits, keep 'im

He's not signing a 10 day contract.  Unless that was sarcasm too.
I think he would sign a 10 day because he has enough belief in himself to make that 10 day permanent! Plus its not the DL & he would be proving himself amongst other NBA players as in the shot he is looking for. PTI Wilbon was talking about Iverson earlier as he just wants a shot.

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2013, 07:03:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Not just NO but HECK NO!

Older than dirt and can't even make a DL team, he is shot and done.

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 07:06:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I hear Bob Cousy is a free agent.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 07:07:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I absolutely would sign AI for the rest of the season. Not that he and Barbosa are identical players, but they both provide that energy off the bench and AI knows what it takes to succeed.

There is no guarantee that he will be amazing, but why not give him a shot. When he was terrible during his last stint in the NBA, he wasn't playing for a top-flight franchise like the Celtics. I think he would take his opportunity with us very seriously.

And I couldn't care less that he wouldn't play in the D-League. Frankly, he is above it and he shouldn't waste his body playing there when he doesn't need to.

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
Ainge brought him in last week through the good word & graces of Tom Heinsohn, but he couldn't pass the physical so Ainge had to look elsewhere. lol

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2013, 07:12:57 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
I absolutely would sign AI for the rest of the season. Not that he and Barbosa are identical players, but they both provide that energy off the bench and AI knows what it takes to succeed.

There is no guarantee that he will be amazing, but why not give him a shot. When he was terrible during his last stint in the NBA, he wasn't playing for a top-flight franchise like the Celtics. I think he would take his opportunity with us very seriously.

And I couldn't care less that he wouldn't play in the D-League. Frankly, he is above it and he shouldn't waste his body playing there when he doesn't need to.
Gave you a TP because it is exactly what I said! It is beneath him to rot out there & he is above it due to his former accomplishments as a ELITE NBA player.

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2013, 07:57:30 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Too small for our needs.

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2013, 08:07:13 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Gave you a TP because it is exactly what I said! It is beneath him to rot out there & he is above it due to his former accomplishments as a ELITE NBA player.

TP to you, too. I guess the end of my post does resemble yours quite a bit...hopefully AI gets one more chance, either with us or someone else.

Re: Allen Iverson Needs A Job!
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
I guess it's been a while since we've had an Allen Iverson thread ::)
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2013, 08:39:25 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

The problem with Cooz is that he's a ball hog who is always looking to pad his assist stats, and he can't shoot from the perimeter.  Plus, he's arrogant, surly, and cocky.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Re: Allen Iverson Needs A Job!
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I say we bring in Michael Jordan.  Antawn Jamison just said he thinks he could still play so lets just bring him in for a workout.