Author Topic: Looking ahead to 2013 draft  (Read 12310 times)

Re: Looking ahead to 2013 draft
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 08:23:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Top 5 or 6 look like great picks. This kid Anthony Bennett looks like a tank , but is pretty swift and can handle the ball. Some say Larry Johnson and Lebron James hybrid.

James Mcadoo has all the tools but isn't the man. Like a Lamar Odom, Jeff Green. If we stay where we are in the standings we might get him.

I'm intrigue by this dark horse kid McDermott. Even if he can't score inside like he has in college, he looks deadly from the outside. Nice motor

We don't always have to try to find gems in the 20's, and sometimes specialty guys like McDemott aka Steve Novak and help you win many many games with two or three clutch threes.

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 08:13:54 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Top 5 or 6 look like great picks. This kid Anthony Bennett looks like a tank , but is pretty swift and can handle the ball. Some say Larry Johnson and Lebron James hybrid.

James Mcadoo has all the tools but isn't the man. Like a Lamar Odom, Jeff Green. If we stay where we are in the standings we might get him.

I'm intrigue by this dark horse kid McDermott. Even if he can't score inside like he has in college, he looks deadly from the outside. Nice motor

We don't always have to try to find gems in the 20's, and sometimes specialty guys like McDemott aka Steve Novak and help you win many many games with two or three clutch threes.
not a bad take on Mcadoo.  If the C's are picking just outside the lottery this year, picking up a guy who's a jack of all trades like Green wouldn't be a bad acquisition.

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 03:06:07 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I would stay away from McAdoo.  He doesn't do a single above average thing besides maybe rebounding.  Going way back, he reminds me of another highly regarded prepster from 1994, Jerod Ward, in that he plays college ball like the game is too fast and big for him. In his freshman season, he shot more airballs from 10 to 15 off open jumpers than I had ever seen in my life.  He looked more comfortable as a starter during the ACC tournament so I thought his struggles were related to coming off the bench for the first time.  Instead, he looks just as rushed his sophomore season as his freshman one.

While he looks like he would be an ideal roll/pop man in the NBA, he's actually an awful finisher at the rim and his outside shot is erratic.  If he can't finish effectively at the rim against college big men, how he's going to fare against NBA big guys?  Just like with his airballs, I've never seen a player as consistently embarrassed trying to finish around the rim as he has.  He's been on the wrong side of so many highlight reel blocks where he's reared back and was about to flush it and the defender got all palm on the ball and wiped him out.  It's really mystifying because he has genuinely good physical gifts yet over and over he's treated like a caucasian scrub venturing too far out of his depth.

On a side-note, if professional basketball doesn't work out for him, he could make a lot of money off his voice.  He has a fantastic set of deep, vibrant pipes.

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2013, 06:45:48 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Is it just me or does this appear the BEST draft to get a 7 footer?  I mean was looking at this mock and there were double digit big men in the 6-10 to 7-1 range available for drafting.   I think that's kinda unusual.  Danny might want to buy an extra pick in this year's draft and fish for two 7 footers, doubles your chances of hitting on a tall C/PF!

http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 10:07:08 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
With everyone (top 11 guys)under contract for next year, assuming no moves are made over the summer:  what is the biggest need in the roster for next season and what is the biggest need for the future?

Rondo  Crawford
Bradley  Lee   Terry
Pierce   Green
Bass    Sullinger
Garnett   Melo

I really think there are two key needs.  a 6-10 guy that can play some center, but also be versatile enough to play pf in a big lineup.

I agree with above post I think this is a good year to buy a pick because they could use it and it shouldnt cost too much since this draft is not overhyped.  (of course I would love the Celtics to buy an extra pick in most years because I love the draft)

6-10 or 6-11 guys that may fit:

MAson Plumlee
Kelly Olynyk
Isaiah Austin

6-6 or 6-7 guys that may fit:

Tim Hardaway Jr.
Glenn Ronbinson 3
Doug McDermott
Archie Goodwin (too small?)
Allen Crabbe

The other is a 6-6 or 6-7 wing player that can play the 3 in a 3-guard lineup when Pierce goes to the bench and Green slides to the 4 or that can play the 2 with Pierce palying the 3. 

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 08:05:18 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I don't know if the 7'2 French guy Rudy Gobert is good or not but if Oklahoma City ends up landing him with Toronto's pick, that'd be too much.  The last thing I want to see happen is Oklahoma hitting on a 7'2 center with freakish length (7'9 wingspan), good athleticism and shotblocking ability so they can roll out a lineup of genetic freaks, even relative to the rest of the NBA, for the next 10 years.  Just the amount of length would be absurd.