Boston has one of the worst starting PF's in basketball
Alongside Rondo, Bradley/Lee/Terry, Pierce, and Garnett, I'll take Brandon Bass over:
- whatever trash Charlotte has starting
- Tristan Thompson
- whoever Detroit trots out next to Monroe
- any of Houston's stable of inexperienced PFs
- whoever Orlando trots out there
- Luis Scola
- J.J. Hickson
- Thomas Robinson / Jason Thompson
- Diaw / Blair / Splitter
- whoever Toronto is starting next to Bargs
That's 10 starting PFs that are, in my opinion, less desirable for our team than Brandon Bass. Which is to say that Bass is by no means a star, but he's a great fit for our team and he's good enough to be a solid starter or an above average backup.
He's one of the deadliest spot-up mid-range shooters in the league, and he's a vastly underrated individual defender, especially considering his size. I think he's terrible at center, and I don't like that Doc has been playing him there for significant stretches, but when he isn't asked to do too much, I think Bass is great.