Author Topic: Who gets our Bi-Annual Exception?  (Read 9682 times)

Re: Who gets our Bi-Annual Exception?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2743
With Terry here and with Moore developing, we don't need Dooling. Stiemsma can also go if he wants more money, we salvaged him from the NBDL scrap heap and he is a very limited player. I would sign Pietrus however, he loves to be here, and if healthy after his knee surgery, can be a great contributor. I would also look at signing Kwame Brown or Josh Howard.

I don't know, HP. If it comes down to Dooling or Moore for the final roster spot, I think I'd rather have a bona fide PG who can knock down the occasional 3 and play defense.

Would certainly love to have Pietrus back (if he's healthy), and wouldn't mind a guy like Brown as a backup C.

I do agree Dooling has his value, and is also a good friend of Rondo, but I don't see us being able to keep Dooling, Pietrus, and get a center, so if I had to chose I would let Dooling go. If he stays though, I have no problem with that, it does help to have him around. His defense certainly helped in the playoffs.

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
we should be looking to sign both stevenson & petrus

anyway we need a center badley

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 04:45:25 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Pietrus. I know he wants more as of now, but with Ray gone we really are going to need someone who has proven when healthy can knock down big shots in the playoffs. Hopefully his price drops.

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 04:47:01 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2743
Pietrus. I know he wants more as of now, but with Ray gone we really are going to need someone who has proven when healthy can knock down big shots in the playoffs. Hopefully his price drops.

We got one of those, his name is Jason Terry.

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 05:04:10 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Pietrus, everything about the guy screams Celtics. Is it possible for a team under the cap to sign and trade him back to us for a 2nd rounder + cap filler? That would be awesome.

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I hope with all the courting of Ray, Danny hasn't been too indifferent toward Stiemer.  He had his second meeting with Minny today and now we get this tweet:

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda
Stiemsma agent re: on-hold discussions with Wolves: "He wants to play for Minnesota. Greg has a lot of patience."
Retweeted by Paul Flannery

(Zgoda is a Minnesota sports writer.)

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 05:12:05 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Pietrus, everything about the guy screams Celtics. Is it possible for a team under the cap to sign and trade him back to us for a 2nd rounder + cap filler? That would be awesome.

No, you can't sign and trade other teams' free agents.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 05:14:03 PM »

Offline Rainmaker

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • The Truth
People just don't seem to realize how goid Gerald Green has become & tapped into his potential. He was the D-Leagues best player by far last year & averaging over 27ppg as a starter on what was the best team in the D-League. He countered that with great production in limited minutes with NJ averaging 14 of the bench & pretty played solid defense. I would definitely like him spelling Bradley & Pierce playing 25-30 mins a game running & gunning with Rondo,Bradley & Jeff Green. That's a really good open court fast paced team with those 4. And he is yet another capable Pierce replacement longterm & a guy I think could be a top 10 scorer on a per game basis if handed the reigns to let loose in the future 2 years down the line. But in the present a perfect fit for our current team & mainly Rondo & the struggling offense. Unlike Ray of now, GG can create his own offense & spot up just as well at this point.

Gerald Green would be totally appropriate.  Bring back a former Celtic to replace Ray Allen!
Someone who can shoot 3's, dunk and will wear a headband!

Kwame Brown is greater than or equal to Steisma
Love never fails. Character never quits. And with patience and persistence, dreams do come true.
-Pistol Pete Maravich-

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

See this is what I dont understand. So Pietrus is the Celtics free agent but they cant offer him a contract more than 120% of his previous salary because of no bird rights. Why is Pietrus the Celtics free agent, wouldnt he just be a free agent with no ties to any team?

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd like to have Pietrus but C's need a guy that knows the system and plays center --> it's either Wilcox or Steimsma that gets it.

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 05:17:56 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

See this is what I dont understand. So Pietrus is the Celtics free agent but they cant offer him a contract more than 120% of his previous salary because of no bird rights. Why is Pietrus the Celtics free agent, wouldnt he just be a free agent with no ties to any team?

I think that pertains to players who have only played on your team for one year. 

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 05:21:54 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I hope with all the courting of Ray, Danny hasn't been too indifferent toward Stiemer.  He had his second meeting with Minny today and now we get this tweet:

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda
Stiemsma agent re: on-hold discussions with Wolves: "He wants to play for Minnesota. Greg has a lot of patience."
Retweeted by Paul Flannery

(Zgoda is a Minnesota sports writer.)

I'm sure Ainge has been on top of it.

Minnesota needs resolution on the Batum offer sheet before they can progress with negotiations with Stiemsma.

If the Wolves offer more than the BAE, it may be difficult for Ainge to retain Stiemsma if he wants to stay on budget.

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 05:22:21 PM »

Offline GronkSpike

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I'd like us to attempt to keep Mr. Peaches.

If failed, Wilcox would be my choice. He can go both ways, PF and Center, seems fitting that he would get the BAE.

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 05:26:33 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Pietrus finished the season on the Celtics' roster, so he is "their" free agent.

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 06:01:13 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
I still can understand ray reasons (almost traded to memphis, rondo affair etc), but greg is way more traitor than allen. He was taken by ainge from nowhere, we gave him the chance to play... Doc used him very well in our rotation, gave him a lot of oportunities... Stiemsma was absolutely nobody. Now he is saying he want go elsewhere?

Leave greg,  don't like these kind of player. I prefer have wilcox and/or krstic

P.s. Everybody seems to forget krstic dominated euroleae last year. He was a legit center of a contending team (thunder), played good offense while was with us... Would be wonderful to have him as a backup center.