Author Topic: Sorry if I missed this topic, but what is up with Rondo?  (Read 9476 times)

Re: Sorry if I missed this topic, but what is up with Rondo?
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2012, 11:28:13 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
I am completely baffled, as well, by anyone who could contend with a straight face that Rondo has been "brilliant" throughout the playoffs and that Wednesday was his first "rough" game.

Getting ejected at Atlanta was brilliant? Throwing the offense into reverse in Game 4 with a big lead was brilliant? Please. Rondo plays when he wants to.

You are pushing an extreme and wildly inaccurate piece of revisionist history.
He's been one of the 5 best players throughout the playoffs. Call it what you want to call it. I don't care that he could or should be better. He's not, but he's been one of the 5 best players throughout the playoffs.

Tonight in the 4th quarter...I call that brilliance. I'm not saying anyone else has to, but at least call it a win.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2012, 11:40:15 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
He got his nap today! ;D
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2012, 01:38:21 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I am completely baffled, as well, by anyone who could contend with a straight face that Rondo has been "brilliant" throughout the playoffs and that Wednesday was his first "rough" game.

Getting ejected at Atlanta was brilliant? Throwing the offense into reverse in Game 4 with a big lead was brilliant? Please. Rondo plays when he wants to.

You are pushing an extreme and wildly inaccurate piece of revisionist history.
I'm completely baffled by anyone who has seen Rondo play and mentions how "on rare occasions" Rondo decides to play.  We get it you don't like Rondo but you're not dealing in facts as you try and claim that the other poster was doing.

He's an all NBA 3rd teamer for a reason.  That means he is a player and is a great player.  Obviously we can find another PG but no we won't find another one better than him.  He's in the talk with the top 4 or 5 PG's in the league.  Has he had bad games? Yes definitely but those are rare not the other way around. THose are the facts look up the stats and you'll see that...

The point your missing is that yes although he's an NBA "third" teamer he probably should be a second or even first. He has the skills. We've all seen them. But he shows up when he wants to.

There are many fans like Coach and myself who are just sick of seeing the inconsistent play. Especially when the kid is so talented. I dont care what the stats say he was a no show for a deciding game 6 in my eyes and to me that's unacceptable.

He's the best player on this team at this point and they will only go as far as he takes them so when he decides to mail it in it's maddening. He needs to be a leader. And leaders lead by example. So far iv'e seen him struggle mightily with this.

You shouldn't have to motivate any player for an elimination game. With Rondo it certainly seemed like Pierce was trying to do just that.

The thing that worries me is his attitude will go down hill even further if this team spirals into rebuild mode and it could get really ugly. We're not there yet but the fact Danny tried to move him numerous times tells me this is a concern of his too.

No I'm not missing the point and no he shouldn't be a 1st a 2nd team PG right now.

He's inconsistent no doubt and that is frustrating but he brings it far more often than he doensn't and we don't win this series or the last one without him...