Author Topic: TNT guys on Doc  (Read 4715 times)

Re: TNT guys on Doc
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 12:53:43 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
Kinda off topic, but what's everyone's take on Shaq with the TNT crew?  He makes me a little uncomfortable.

He tries too hard.  The show used to come so natural with EJ Kenny and Chuck.  Now Shaq wants to insert himself as a big part of the show and TNT is even trying to force Shaq's humor to come out with things like the recorded skit at the end of "who he play for".
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
we're just not used to Shaq yet, but Shaq isn't so bad, and he definitely loves Doc

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 01:15:31 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I can't stand how he doesn't give rookies/young players a chance and stubborness to change lineups... but other than that, he's a great coach

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 06:30:47 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
I cannot believe that I ever advocated firing Doc Rivers in the 2006 and 2007 season during that 18 game losing streak. What the hell was I thinking  ???

TP for admitting your mistake. Hey, we all make them.  8)

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 06:37:48 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Kinda off topic, but what's everyone's take on Shaq with the TNT crew?  He makes me a little uncomfortable.

He tries too hard.  The show used to come so natural with EJ Kenny and Chuck.  Now Shaq wants to insert himself as a big part of the show and TNT is even trying to force Shaq's humor to come out with things like the recorded skit at the end of "who he play for".

I'm not gonna sit back and let you guys disparage Shaq! My husband is getting better (honestly, I may choke for saying this, I never thought he was that funny but I LOVE HIM)!! I think as he gets more comfortable he may be okay... he already seems better to me. I think he is trying too hard right now but give him time.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 07:04:36 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
I think Doc is a great motivator, but he doesn't have the greatest substitution patterns nor does he handle PT consistently well.

He's a little bit Grady Little in the PT aspect, he kinda gives in to his players even when there may be better options available.

I agree Doc is a great motivator.  If he has the best players, and they are all healthy, he can motivate them to win it all.  That right there makes him a great coach.

But it doesn't male him the best coach in the league, as he does have the shortcomings you mentioned above.  I thought he was Grady Little all along, myself.