Author Topic: Celtics (4-6) at Pacers (8-2) 1/14  (Read 29236 times)

Re: Celtics (4-6) at Pacers (8-2) 1/14
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2012, 09:35:51 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 989
Maybe Larry showed West a video montage of him, km, and The Chief getting older and barely competing. Now we know why West chose the Pacers. The crazy thing is we stink, but there are 10 plus teams worse than us. I hope our old classic car is just taking a long time to warm up and that it is not the fact that it is dying and on the brink of death.

« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Could not see the game...judging from the box score, it at least appears that Paul got untracked...

...But judging from the thread here, there is nothing positive to note.

Did Paul and the team really look THAT bad? Or is there something positive to take from this?

« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2012, 09:37:23 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
WOW this thread is a graveyard well good news is Pierce nd Garnett aint dead men walkin as they led the team in scoring bad news we still cant score or rebound smh

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lottery pick is on deck. It will be the first step in the rebuild. Sucks...but I don't want to be a 7 seed to get swept by the bulls

« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Could not see the game...judging from the box score, it at least appears that Paul got untracked...

Did Paul and the team really look THAT bad? Or is there something positive to take from this?

,beat up on the boards AGAIN! messing open shots same thing that happened against all the good teams

« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2012, 09:39:28 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
It all makes sense now. The off-season talk about Rondo trades. As expected Big3 have fallen off, but Rondo hasn't picked up his scoring.

« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 289

The positive is that Jajuan and Etwaun are legit yet Doc still refuses to play them.

« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2012, 09:40:47 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Doc went back to original starting 5.

Played them 6 or 7 minutes after there was zero chance to win.

Paul Pierce can not drive at will anymore. He does still shoot the 3 well though.

KG looked good in the offensive post.

Moore looked ok at sg but not pg.

Steamer and JJJ will not get minutes until KG and JO are gone.

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2012, 09:42:02 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
i predict a whole new boston starting line up by the end of february atleast 2 players will be gone

« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2012, 09:42:40 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Good night to all... both the Celts and the Bruins lost tonight. I don't think we're going to get a lottery pick this year, the Clippers are doing quite well  ;)

Go Celtics, and go Pats (28-7 against Tebow and his Broncos)

EDIT: 35-7 at the halftime

« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2012, 09:42:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Thanks, green7 and lgb86 (TP).

Well, if things continue south like they have (which I doubt), then Doc will be forced to play the rookies.

I've seen worse from Boston before.

Absolutely NOTHING will ever top Boston's morbid stretch from the 90's up until the 2000's.

This stretch? As painful as it is, I can live with it. It will get better.

« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2012, 09:45:37 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
PP, KG, and Moore played very well! RR and Ray were playing terrible (RR even more so)! Hope to see more of Moore and JJJ! Moore did well against real Pacer players and JJJ did it against the scrubs but it was still fun to watch! AB was AB, he got outplayed by Moore and Doc rewarded Moore with more PT! Pie was good on D but bad on O but that's expected right now. Jo had rebounds and some blocks but again left the middle open and gave us piratically nothing on offense! Bass was okay. Daniels another DNP. Stiems got a block or two and was good on help D. RR and Ray really put a damper on me today, especially RR b/c he just didn't care with all those stupid passes!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2012, 09:46:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Paul Pierce can not drive at will anymore. He does still shoot the 3 well though.

Thanks, Chief (TP).

So does Pierce just look out of shape? It's hard to believe that he's fell off a cliff since last year.

« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2012, 09:47:03 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
I only seen the 2nd half. Not much to say. We looked old and slow. Still think KG is getting better and Pierce at least wasn't horrendous.

I wouldn't mind it if we just flat out cut JO at this point. The man can't get higher than his ankles off the floor and is giving hardly any effort at all unless a man is standing right in front of him within 6 inches. Otherwise, he can't bother going down the court faster than a shuffle. He really needs to be complete game(s) benched.  

The center of the court is just a free way to the basket over and over again. And I've never seen guys just steal the ball right out of our hands like that so often.

The only positive I can think of is we're nearly through playing this elite team stretch. We REALLY need a really bad team to play just so we can feel what it feels like to compete again. We look like we lack confidence. Big time.  
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Thanks, Chief (TP).

So does Pierce just look out of shape? It's hard to believe that he's fell off a cliff since last year.

I guess he could be. I thought he looked good his first game back ,but now he is a step slow on offense and defense. If I had to guess, it's old age + poor conditioning.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird