Author Topic: Bismack Biyombo  (Read 30785 times)

Bismack Biyombo
« on: April 06, 2011, 10:51:39 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
This kid is 18 just under 6'8 (without shoes) weights 243 lbs but has a 7'7" wing span and a 9'3 standing reach (shaqs reach is 9'5

He is projected to go around the 20th pick however i could see him climbing much higher as the draft becomes closer.

He is actually playing in the spanish ACB league and averaging 6pts 5 rebounds and 2 blocks in 17 min. By comparison pau gasol averaged 11pts 5rb , and marc 13pts 6 rb in there best euro seasons.

He probably wont be around for the Cs but if he falls there is a ton of potenial in this kid, he could stay in spain for some time, and he is playing in the second best league in the world
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Bismack Biyombo
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:13:16 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Lucas Nogueira is another guy that sounds very interesting.

Raw seven footer with very good athleticism. Only 18. Brazilian.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:42:54 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I like this for the celtics, but if he stays in europe and develops.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:17:50 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
I also like Nogueira, but i think he has the greater "bust" potential then Biyombo based on there physical tools (Nogueira is really skinny with 7.8% BF) and the level of compition they are currently playing at.

Lucas Nogueira
Weight: 218 lbs.
Height (w/o shoes): 6'10"
Height (w/ shoes): 6'11.5"
Wing Span: 7'5.5"
Body Fat: 7.8%
Standing Reach: 9'3"

vs

Bismack Biyombo
Weight: 243 lbs.
Height (w/o shoes): 6'7.75"
Height (w/ shoes): 6'9"
Wing Span: 7'7"
Body Fat: 4.8%
Standing Reach: 9'3"

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2011-Nike-Hoop-Summit-International-Measurements-3661/#ixzz1IlS7LZSl
http://www.draftexpress.com

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2011-Nike-Hoop-Summit-International-Measurements-3661/#ixzz1IlS1YhZ3
http://www.draftexpress.com
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 08:41:03 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Watched some of the nike hoop summit replay last night, Biyombo is definetly an nba player. There is some concern about his real age but he physically looks like an nba power forward right now. Physicaly he reminds me of a quicker slighly more explosive perk. His defencive ability are already there but he looks like he could develop into a decent offensive player. He might never develop into an elite post scorer but I could see him as a double double guy in the nba.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 11:12:57 PM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
This guy should replace Glen Davis. We need less jump shots and more grit and athleticism down low. http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/04/bismack_biyombo_sets_records_w.html
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:23:15 PM by Silent Storm »
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 11:16:15 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I'm going to pass.  There's been some serious concerns about his age.  Some people even think he's in the 23-26 age range.
do it

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 11:19:19 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Rick Jackson in the 2nd round?
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 10:58:59 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
even with the the age concerns Biyombo would be worth drafting if he is still around late in the first. This is going to be a week draft and Biyombo would be good pospect to take a flyer on. He also has a team to play for in case the nba locks out next year.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
celtics will probably get the 24th pick in this years draft, if biyombo is available he should get picked by the celtics but not signed until 2012.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 11:34:01 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I am definitely intrigued by Biyombo.  I haven't delved too far into the draft yet, but he seems like one of the real high upside guys that could be available that late.

Given where the C's are drafting in such a weak draft, I think this would be a good time to take a flyer on a guy like that.  There really are not many guys who are anything close to sure things at that point, and he is the type of player who, if he pans out, could be a difference maker.

Same thing with the 7 footer from Brazil...

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 11:51:50 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I am also intrigued by Jeremy Tyler for the same reason.  There are certainly a lot of questions about him, but the talent is there, and that pick is just a good time to take a flyer on a kid who could be a really good big man if he gets his head on straight.

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 12:43:46 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I am also intrigued by Jeremy Tyler for the same reason.  There are certainly a lot of questions about him, but the talent is there, and that pick is just a good time to take a flyer on a kid who could be a really good big man if he gets his head on straight.

I agree. If I'm Danny this is my target.  2 years ago, he was projected to be a top 5 pick.  This was the kid who was the #1 junior in the country in a class with Harrison Barnes, Kyrie Erving, Enes Kanter, Sullinger, guys who were all projected to go at the top of the draft.  With a late first rounder, I think we need to take a chance, especially in a weak draft like this year. 
do it

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »

Offline scoop1977

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'm going to pass.  There's been some serious concerns about his age.  Some people even think he's in the 23-26 age range.

Unjustified concerns, he's 18. 

Biyombo has a very different background than those young african prospects that pop out frequently. He's a guy who knows the game pretty well, who's been playing for awhile. Doesn't have Ibaka's talent and jump-shot, but he's a tremendous shot-blocker and a good rebounder. Great work ethic too, I remember people talking about how he'd practice with the professional team during the day and then join his teammates of the U-18 team later in the evening.

I am definitely intrigued by Biyombo.  I haven't delved too far into the draft yet, but he seems like one of the real high upside guys that could be available that late.

Given where the C's are drafting in such a weak draft, I think this would be a good time to take a flyer on a guy like that.  There really are not many guys who are anything close to sure things at that point, and he is the type of player who, if he pans out, could be a difference maker

There's a 0% chance that Biyombo is available when the Celtics pick. He's easily a lottery pick. In this draft he's possibly a top-10 one.

Lucas Nogueira is another guy that sounds very interesting.

Raw seven footer with very good athleticism. Only 18. Brazilian.

I see Nogueira playing from time to time too. He goes against 6'5'' centers and can't dominate - at that level he's an excellent shot-blocker and rebounder but that's it. He also has a very poor motor, he's a very timid player that often disappears from the game. Very underdeveloped physically too. Far away from contributing for a NBA team, he'd bust his way out of the league if he joins one next season.

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 10:24:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Did anyone bring up the last guy to get 10 blocks in a game at the Portsmith invitational yet?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner