Author Topic: For those of you who complain about Rondo  (Read 10148 times)

Re: For those of you who complain about Rondo
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2011, 01:42:21 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I really am in shock at how nit picky some of the posters are especially when it comes to our 24 year old point guard.  This is the best point guard the celtics have had since Bob Cousy.  With due respect to JoJo and DJ, I saw them both play by the way.  Rondo is an amazing basketball player and can dominate a game (when needed) like a handful of celtics ever.  Lets think about his back ups in his career, this year dwest injured nate robinson (who did a nice job early on) or bradley (lost).  Vet by buyout earlier, sam cassell or steph marbury? yikes. 
Yes he's headstrong, cocky and gruff (reminds me of bird)
After dj lets think who we've had for point guards.  Note this is random off the top of my head.
brian shaw, dee brown, john bagley, the other bc small guy?, sebastian telfair, delonte west
kenny anderson! old but still kenny
Notice anything about this list?  All these guys are backups or third string except anderson.
Rejoice in Rondo!  He's the real thing.  He's played injured, played without a backup, dominated playoff series like few, is an all star and one of the top pg's in the nba currently.

I think it would be wrong if people didn't get on rondos back and nit pick occasionally.
Of course he's the best PG we've had (ever in my opinion), but his pure lack of effort sometimes really gets to me.
Everytime he takes his foot off the peddle if gives more fuel to the haters and doubters all around the NBA who say is he isn't a complete point guard.
He's been in the league a while now and he still needs to improve his game dramatically in some aspects.
This guy could honestly be the GREATEST PG OF ALL TIME.
I'm not exaggerating- if he improved his free throw % to 80-90% and improved his jump shot he would be one of the greatest players ever- not just one of the greatest celtics ever.
I too understand he's playing injured and every player goes through tough spells each year but sometimes i think it's like he doesn't even want to be out there until it's the playoffs.
This attitude is completely understandable so completely infuriating as a fan looking from the outside in when this kid has so much potential.
No hate here just pointing out that celtics fans should be able to criticise our great players to a certain extent if we are going to commend them and support them like family.
I guess the reason we are talking about the guy so much is because someone like this only comes around once every 20-25 years. Rondo is the man, he really is.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.