Author Topic: Nate : I believe I can('t) fly  (Read 6282 times)

Re: Nate : I believe I can('t) fly
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 01:50:30 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Does it occur to anyone that as small as Nate is relative to his teammates, the guy is a solid 180 pounds -- only about 60 pounds less than Pierce.  It may look like a toddler jumping on a giant, but there is no doubt in my mind that his weight, when hurling himself 5 feet in the air and running full speed could hurt a teammate (not to mention himself as he almost did tonight).  I'm not big on this Donkey on Shrek thing as an on-going theme.  
180 isn't that solid.

180 is 180.

But I guess he is solid because of how compact he is. I also heard a few years ago that he could bench double his body weight. I wouldn't want that guy landing on my shoulders lol, but then again I'm not 6'6"+ and a professional athlete.
I think the point is that Nate looks so short that you might think is weight is like a typical basketball player around his size.

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 01:51:51 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Does it occur to anyone that as small as Nate is relative to his teammates, the guy is a solid 180 pounds -- only about 60 pounds less than Pierce.  It may look like a toddler jumping on a giant, but there is no doubt in my mind that his weight, when hurling himself 5 feet in the air and running full speed could hurt a teammate (not to mention himself as he almost did tonight).  I'm not big on this Donkey on Shrek thing as an on-going theme. 
180 isn't that solid.

180 is 180.

But I guess he is solid because of how compact he is. I also heard a few years ago that he could bench double his body weight. I wouldn't want that guy landing on my shoulders lol, but then again I'm not 6'6"+ and a professional athlete.
I think the point is that Nate looks so short that you might think is weight is like a typical basketball player around his size.

Exactly. He's dense, is what we're getting at. Not in the head. Well maybe there too.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 06:02:33 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Paul has always been good at slipping screens.

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 07:51:25 AM »

Offline Hila

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
I'm not sure whether to worry about risking injuries or not.

On the one hand, he's a whole person jumping on the back of teammates who probably have all kinds of nagging little hurts that could be tweaked.

On the other hand, I remember Big Baby's incredulous "you were on my back?" in the post-game presser during the playoffs last year. Sure, Baby was on a huge adrenaline rush, and he's also big even by NBA standards, but he clearly had no idea whatsoever that Nate had even jumped on him.

But either way, Nate's performance was hilarious. I need some behind the scenes videos of what got said about that in the locker room.