Author Topic: Kevin Love... 31/31 game  (Read 6580 times)

Re: Kevin Love... 31/31 game
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 08:00:06 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
31-31, that's an incredible accomplishment.
It says a lot about Kevin Love.
It also (ahem) says a lot about the state of the Knicks...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 08:17:55 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I think the most amazing thing here is that KL just did this sort of thing against LA's Gasol and Odom just a week or so ago, to the tune of 24 rebounds.

The man is a Beast - absolutely Legit. He needs to be an All-Star.

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 08:38:20 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
He's an old time throw back and I'm hoping for Minny's sake that him and Beasley can form a nice forward combo for years to come. 

Any chance we can steal him from Minny as well when it's KGs time to hang 'em up?  Maybe they could use a PG?  Just kidding Minny fans kind of. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 09:06:07 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Kind of funny that people are saying the Beasley and he may be the staples of the TWolves future. Just a few months ago, Beasley was considered 'garbage'.

As for Love, I am not sure what his ceiling is. He obviously is putting up some impressive numbers, but this may be as good as he is going to get (which is pretty good - kind of like David Lee with his nose for the ball). Another poster said that he won't get the kind of contract that Amare got. I definitely think he will if he can become a legit 20-10 guy, even on a horrible team. GMs may love athletic guys with potential, but they aren't stupid.

Long story short, I want to see a huge season from him first, before I annoint him the next big thing - but at least he is off to a good start.

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 09:06:50 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Love's rebounding technique is awesome.  It's exactly how players are taught.  It's really wierd how so few players rebound the way they are taught.  

The post about how Amare would rebound if he had any technique at all is so spot on.  Amare and many others have every physical advantage over a guy like Love, but Love just seems like a student of rebounding.  He has Rodman's desire with old school technique, great toughness and hands.  It's pretty amazing what an average athlete with average size and length can accomplish.

Just for the sake of the big contract high rebounding totals bring, it's really surprising that not many others do it like Kevin Love does.

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 09:12:03 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Kind of funny that people are saying the Beasley and he may be the staples of the TWolves future. Just a few months ago, Beasley was considered 'garbage'.

As for Love, I am not sure what his ceiling is. He obviously is putting up some impressive numbers, but this may be as good as he is going to get (which is pretty good - kind of like David Lee with his nose for the ball). Another poster said that he won't get the kind of contract that Amare got. I definitely think he will if he can become a legit 20-10 guy, even on a horrible team. GMs may love athletic guys with potential, but they aren't stupid.

Long story short, I want to see a huge season from him first, before I annoint him the next big thing - but at least he is off to a good start.
Beasley has had two good games this year, so he has a lot more proving himself to do.  Love has been putting up monster numbers per minute ever since he came into the league.  I would rather have Love as my power forward than Amare.  I'd take his toughness, competitiveness, and IQ over Amare's scoring ability(that's about all he actually does well).

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 09:17:29 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I know that the NBA makes its money being entertainment, but its a ridiculous shame that Amare Stoudamire gets an enormous contract and Kevin Love will not see anything close to that.

Quality teams are built around players who do the dirty work and make the most of possessions.  Phenomenal night for Love.  I'm happy for the T-wolves fans.. if you watch the game highlights @ nba.com you'll see that Love makes a 3-pointer at the end and the crowd went crazy.  Great guy to cheer for, and for kids to grow up emulating.

SGD - Agreed. I only watched the highlights of that game, but it makes you wonder if Amare even attempted to "Box Out".

He seems to have a decent amount of humility, too. I hope Minny can build a good team around him and Beasely.

Theres a really cool documentary on the first Elite 24 at Rucker Park, it’s called Gunning for that Number 1 Spot. Beasley and Love were on opposite teams but still seemed to have a good time with each other. I think it’s really cool that they’re together and playing well.

Despite Loves excellent ability, I do feel that the T-Wolves get their swagger from Beasley. He’s an extremely talented kid who is flowing with confidence. Immediately after the idiots in Minny’s front office put out that spot in the paper apologizing to the fans, Mike came out and said that his expectations are to contend for a championship. I like that in a player. Even if it’s not possible, what’s the point of expecting failure?

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 10:20:01 AM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Thank you, Mr Love, for a whopping 87/45 points in the points league last night.  That's gotta be close to a record!  Anyone in points league know what the highest single player score is? I want to say LBJ broke 100 at one point last season. 
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 12:06:21 PM »

Offline celticsmaniac18

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • wwww.youtube.com/celticsmaniac18
thats just insane. ive never heard of that happening other than chamberlin but put a team round this kid and he has a bright future ahead of him.

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 12:42:17 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
He pulled off a similar performance against the Lakers the other night. Wanted to down play him, but he's legit - I want to trade Odom for him now.

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 12:43:57 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Saw him rookie year versus Portland looked slow and so so. Saw him last year again and he's really good.

Fun fact Wilt had something like 100+ 30/30 games.

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 01:17:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They must have been shooting very poorly for that many rebounds to be available.  Still its a mind boggling number, I've always liked Love's game.

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 01:26:38 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of players have big games vs the Knicks this year. Didn't Rondo hit them up for 24 assists?

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Nice to hear from you BT.

I second that.

I'll co-sign too. Good to see you back BT.

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of players have big games vs the Knicks this year.

This