Author Topic: 2010 CB Draft: Central Division Press Conferences  (Read 71844 times)

Re: 2010 CB Draft: Central Division Press Conferences
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 09:59:03 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Will answer later i promise.  Extremely busy at work now. Sorry fellas
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
2010-11 Indiana Pacers:

Defensive Game Plan: 

Hold opponents to 82 points or less

Offensive Game Plan:

1.  Give the ball to kobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRikrksH8es

2.  Give the ball to derek fisher with .4 seconds left

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mav2iBA1cwo
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 12:04:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think the Amare trade turned the Bulls from front runners to also rans. A don't have confidence in Jennings after his woeful last 4 months of the season and I think the bench, to be polite, is one of the worst in the league(yes, that's being polite).

LeBron, Noah and Miller get you to the playoffs and a first round exit would not surprise me though a second round exit is the most likely ending spot for this team.

That's fine. Lets get to the playoffs, then we can argue about whose team is better.

But, a point:

LeBron James, with what I contend are inferior teams, has successfully entered the playoffs no lower than a 4 seed (once in 07/08), and averages a 2 seed over the last 4 seasons, with a regular season record of 55.5 wins and 26.5 losses.

Over the last two seasons he has pretty single handedly led his teams to #1 overall seeds and an average win record of 63.5 wins, 18.5 losses.

Our league, despite the parity, isn't much better than the current league.

So to say "LeBron and Noah will get you to the playoffs kind of seems like a pretty big understatement. If you think I will lose in the 1st or second round, that's fine, we can discuss it than. Until than I think I deserve the top seed in the Eastern conference.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I think the Amare trade turned the Bulls from front runners to also rans. A don't have confidence in Jennings after his woeful last 4 months of the season and I think the bench, to be polite, is one of the worst in the league(yes, that's being polite).

LeBron, Noah and Miller get you to the playoffs and a first round exit would not surprise me though a second round exit is the most likely ending spot for this team.

IP I have to agree with Nick on his comment about your bench.  Do you see that as this teams greatest weakness?

In a word: Yes.

But it would have to be, I didn't start building it until the 8th round. I think I made good choices in Miller and Ilyasova, and getting Tony Allen was a good move considering I share the division with Kobe Bryant, but I really wish I would've left Fesenko alone.

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
IP, if you could do everything all over again, would you:

1.  Still trade up into the first round to grab Amare;

2.  Kept your draft picks roughly where they were; or

3.  Done something else?

I guess what I'm asking is, what lessons (if any) did you learn about draft strategy this year?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 12:35:55 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Chicago, what are you gonna do when LeBron chokes in the playoffs?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
2008-09 Cavs

LeBron James
Mo Williams
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Delonte West
Anderson Varejao
Daniel Gibson
Wally Sczczerbiak
Ben Wallace
JJ Hickson
Sasha Pavlovic
Tarrence Kinsey
Darnell Jackson

2009-10 Cavs

LeBron James
Shaquille O'Neal
Anderson Varejao
Antawn Jamison
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Delonte West
Anthony Parker
Mo Williams
Jamario Moon
Daniel Gibson
JJ Hickson
Jawad Williams

CBNBA DRAFT Bulls

LeBron James
Joakim Noah
Brandon Jennings
Mike Miller
Ersan Ilyasova
Tony Allen
Louis Amundson
Von Wafer
Michael Redd
Landry Fields
Omer Asik
Gani Lawal
Eric Maynor

Those are the teams you are comparing and you are saying that the Bulls are every bit as good as the Cavs last two teams? Those two teams could go 9 deep in good to decent NBA players. The Bulls can go maybe 5-6 deep, 7 tops. And the quality in that top 7 isn't nearly as good as the quality in the top 7 of the Cavs two teams. And after your 7th player, the drop in talent is off the charts.

Sorry IP, your team does not in fact deserve the top seed in the playoffs. I liken your team more to the 2007-08 Cavs only with a slightly better version of Lebron. 45-48 wins, possible first round ouster, no making it past the second round.

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 12:44:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

3.  Done something else?

I guess what I'm asking is, what lessons (if any) did you learn about draft strategy this year?

Ideally, I would've stayed put. Didn't do it though. Probably couldn't do it. Waiting in the 2nd and 3rd is SOOOOO boring, and seeing all those guys get away is maddening.

I guess the best lesson I learned was don't make trades involving cornerpieces without really giving it a hard looksee. Like really hard. Like look at it, go to sleep, then look at it again, and have someone else look at it.

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 12:49:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

3.  Done something else?

Ideally, I would've stayed put. Didn't do it though. Probably couldn't do it. Waiting in the 2nd and 3rd is SOOOOO boring, and seeing all those guys get away is maddening.

I guess the best lesson I learned was don't make trades involving cornerpieces without really giving it a hard looksee. Like really hard. Like look at it, go to sleep, then look at it again, and have someone else look at it.

Thoughts on the modified snake?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 12:52:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Questions for Chicago, Indiana, and Milwaukee:

1. Rank the three teams above;

2. Why can you beat the other top contenders in your division over the course of a season?;

3.  Why can you beat the other top contenders in your division in a playoff series? (Extra credit for discussion of specific matchups.)

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 12:52:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

That's fine. Lets get to the playoffs, then we can argue about whose team is better.

But, a point:

LeBron James, with what I contend are inferior teams, has successfully entered the playoffs no lower than a 4 seed (once in 07/08), and averages a 2 seed over the last 4 seasons, with a regular season record of 55.5 wins and 26.5 losses.

Over the last two seasons he has pretty single handedly led his teams to #1 overall seeds and an average win record of 63.5 wins, 18.5 losses.

Our league, despite the parity, isn't much better than the current league.

So to say "LeBron and Noah will get you to the playoffs kind of seems like a pretty big understatement. If you think I will lose in the 1st or second round, that's fine, we can discuss it than. Until than I think I deserve the top seed in the Eastern conference.
How do you compare your top 3 players to other EC teams top 3 players?

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 12:56:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Cleveland probably won't be able to get a press conference done today, due to some personal stuff going on.  He's been given an extension on it.

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610

2. Why can you beat the other top contenders in your division over the course of a season?;

3.  Why can you beat the other top contenders in your division in a playoff series? (Extra credit for discussion of specific matchups.)

Hey all, just letting you know, I'm writing up my opening statement still, it should be up soonish.

For #3, Shouldn't we wait until playoffs to answer that?  I feel like we should only be talking about regular season right now.  I, for one, am going to save this question and if my opponents choose to answer, I encourage them to do so.

#1:  I have a lot of respect for Chicago and Milwaukee.  They are very different teams.  Milwaukee is well balanced with many veterans and a very deep bench, probably one of the deepest in the league up there with you know Washington.  Chicago, obviously, has Lebron.  I mean, what bad can you say about a team with Lebron?  So those teams are going to be very tough to compete with every night.  We just gotta stick to our game plan and keep working on improving our team defense.  I think on any given night, any one of these teams could beat any other team.

#2:  Honestly, I don't know if I'd beat Chicago over the course of a regular season.  Lebron has shown the ability to lead teams all by himself to staggering win totals.  How he saves anything for the playoffs?  I don't know.  My team is full of veterans who will not rack up high mpg numbers over the regular season.  One reason why I WILL win the regular season is because I am one of the teams in the league with the FEWEST health problems.  None of my starters have any health/injury questions.  I also feel like I have some depth that I can rely on for regular season production in Nenad Krstic and Marco Belinelli.  I think those are guys who can produce as role players in the regular season, but will be cut out by playoff time.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Hey all, just letting you know, I'm writing up my opening statement still, it should be up soonish.

For #3, Shouldn't we wait until playoffs to answer that?  I feel like we should only be talking about regular season right now.  I, for one, am going to save this question and if my opponents choose to answer, I encourage them to do so.

#1:  I have a lot of respect for Chicago and Milwaukee.  They are very different teams.  Milwaukee is well balanced with many veterans and a very deep bench, probably one of the deepest in the league up there with you know Washington.  Chicago, obviously, has Lebron.  I mean, what bad can you say about a team with Lebron?  So those teams are going to be very tough to compete with every night.  We just gotta stick to our game plan and keep working on improving our team defense.  I think on any given night, any one of these teams could beat any other team.

#2:  Honestly, I don't know if I'd beat Chicago over the course of a regular season.  Lebron has shown the ability to lead teams all by himself to staggering win totals.  How he saves anything for the playoffs?  I don't know.  My team is full of veterans who will not rack up high mpg numbers over the regular season.  One reason why I WILL win the regular season is because I am one of the teams in the league with the FEWEST health problems.  None of my starters have any health/injury questions.  I also feel like I have some depth that I can rely on for regular season production in Nenad Krstic and Marco Belinelli.  I think those are guys who can produce as role players in the regular season, but will be cut out by playoff time.

Change "playoff series" to "season series", then.  When teams are very close, how they match up H2H is very important in terms of playoff seeding / voting.

I appreciate your diplomacy / coach speak, but right now I have your team in third in the division.  I'd be interested in hearing why I'm wrong.

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »

Offline GaBerkowitz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
when is the southwest doing presentations?