Author Topic: Rockets lock up Scola, 5 years, $47 million  (Read 3756 times)

Re: Rockets lock up Scola, 5 years, $47 million
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 08:45:21 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I dunno Roy, maybe its just me, but id put scola in the good to very good category.  If he was your starting power forward, you wouldnt be looking to upgrade.  The only issue is his age and whether or not he will still be worth it at the end of the contract

yet Houston wanted Bosh as badly as anyone else

OK of course Houston wanted Bosh, they also wanted Bosh before Scola was locked up long term.  My point is that if Scola is your PF you are not actively looking for an upgrade.  And you probably wont be complaining about the play from that position.  Scola is that good.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: Rockets lock up Scola, 5 years, $47 million
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 08:47:38 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
When mediocre guys are getting $6m - $7m per year, I can't fault Houston for giving a good player like Scola $9.5m per season.

I'm sure the Rockets wanted to pay less but this is far from a bad contract on this market.  Scola played really good last year too.  Scored 40 I believe it was that one game.  He's deserving of a solid contract like this.  Guy does what needs to be done.
Averaged 19ppg and 9rpg after the Carl Landry trade (on a 52% FG%)