Author Topic: Celtics pursuing Barbosa, Fernandez  (Read 19611 times)

Re: Celtics pursuing Barbosa, Fernandez
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2010, 12:29:26 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
sounds like a plan B sort of move, like when we settled for Daniels even though we really wanted Grant Hill. I don't really care for either one of these guys, but if we reach desperate and we have to do it I prefer Fernandez.

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2010, 12:33:06 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
If we are looking at Rudy, how do we trade for him?  If we trade Sheed's contract then we need to get back more in salary.  Could we also be targeting Camby or Pryzbilla with Fernandez?

I would absolutely love landing Fernandez and Camby or Pryzbilla.  Camby and Pryzbilla would both be fine to me, because what Pryzbilla makes up in being younger he is more injury prone than Camby.

Pryzbilla got injured in the shower.  I'd take Fernandez, but I don't want Pryzbilla's kind of karma around my team.

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2010, 01:01:05 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Barbosa? Only if the deal is Sheed+Gaffney+Lafayette+2nd round for Barbosa and Dudley.
I would personally much rather have Rudy...Sheed+resign TA or Nate for Rudy and Camby would be a steal...
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2010, 01:01:37 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
Is Fernandez married? If he is homesick, maybe Boston would be better for him as there are a lot of Hispanic professionals in the Boston area. He might have a better social climate than in Portland. I haven't heard anything negative about him personally and he might be welcomed in the Hispanic community.

As for Pryzbilla, I haven't heard anything negative about him personally. Has anyone else? I always thought he would be a solid backup for a championship type team. The question would be how much money he wants after this year.

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Is Fernandez married? If he is homesick, maybe Boston would be better for him as there are a lot of Hispanic professionals in the Boston area. He might have a better social climate than in Portland. I haven't heard anything negative about him personally and he might be welcomed in the Hispanic community.

As for Pryzbilla, I haven't heard anything negative about him personally. Has anyone else? I always thought he would be a solid backup for a championship type team. The question would be how much money he wants after this year.

While it'd be nice to keep him around, if it's Wallace for Fernandez and Pryzbilla, I'll take the one-year rental if need be. 

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2010, 01:19:49 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
money doesn't work for a straight Wallace for Fernandez, Pryzbilla deal (6.3 versus 7.3+1.2). Celtics would have to make a more complicated deal like adding in a S&T like Nate, Tony, etc. And then you have to wonder what else you would have to add if you take more talent back. That is why keeping Pryzbilla longer might matter.

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 01:32:47 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
My memory of Przybilla is of a rugged, Well-Above Average interior defender and rebounder....he won't score a lot of points, but he will definitely mix it up inside.

His ESPN Stats? I Like - very much...in 22 min off the bench, he averaged 4.1 pts, 7.9 boards, and 1.4 blocks.

In the few games he started last year after Oden went down, he pulled in over 10 boards each game, until he got injured.

He was pretty durable up until the freak accident..if we can somehow get him, I know he could help us. He is not as talented as Sheed offensively, but I think he could make up for that board-wise and defensively.

Plus he's 7'1", 245 and only 30.

My Dream is to get him, Rudy and Leandro, but I don't think that is possible.

Out of all the other trade scenarios I've seen the last week or so, I think I like this thread the best so far, as far as helping us get back to the Finals in June 2011.

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 01:37:13 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
My memory of Przybilla is of a rugged, Well-Above Average interior defender and rebounder....he won't score a lot of points, but he will definitely mix it up inside.

His ESPN Stats? I Like - very much...in 22 min off the bench, he averaged 4.1 pts, 7.9 boards, and 1.4 blocks.

In the few games he started last year after Oden went down, he pulled in over 10 boards each game, until he got injured.

He was pretty durable up until the freak accident..if we can somehow get him, I know he could help us. He is not as talented as Sheed offensively, but I think he could make up for that board-wise and defensively.

Out of all the other trade scenarios I've seen the last week or so, I think I like this thread the best so far, as far as helping us get back to the Finals in June 2011.

Would he be healthy to start the season? We don't want to start the year with 2 injured centers.

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 01:42:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Would he be healthy to start the season? We don't want to start the year with 2 injured centers.

Good Question..I haven't heard anything on the contrary, as far as his health.

Plus - I don't see Portland holding onto both him and Camby...Joel's salary last season was $6,857,725.

I wonder if this potential trade progressed could Sheed's retirement contract absord Przybillas?

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 01:48:55 PM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
right - the deal doesn't work straight up for shhed's contract.

I was thinking sheed and baby's expiring contract for camby and rudy.

Then we sign and trade ray to new york for lee

then we sign mike miller or reddick for the mle

re-sign sheldon, bring back sheed after the break

that gives us

Camby          Lee     Semih   (Perk)  (Sheed)
KG             Lee    Sheldon   Harangody
PP             TA
Miller or reddick   Rudy   Avery Bradley
Rondo          Nate Robinson

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 01:55:51 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Would love to see Barbosa in green, Rudy I've never really been that impressed with. He got a lot of press for that dunk he had on Dwight Howard in the Olympics a few years back. Other than that, when I've seen Portland games, he does good to even crack the rotation.

Leandro= instant offense.

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2010, 01:58:35 PM »

Offline BlazerLad

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Hello everyone.  I am a huge Blazers fan (37 years)from Coos Bay, Oregon.  There is absolutely no way the Blazers send Camby to the Celtics.  Marcus was signed before free agency so he would be locked in as the backup to Oden.  Dreams of receiving Oden are never happening either.  It would take a trade for Chris Paul to turn heads for Portland.  Yes, Rudy and Przybilla are your best chances.  Now, compiling a deal that actually works is the problem.  Portland certainly does not want Sheed back; he would be waived outright.  A sign and trade for Ray Allen is a possibility.  I had to comment because people are talking about Camby and Oden.  Sorry, keep dreaming.

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »

Offline Dr H

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
right - the deal doesn't work straight up for shhed's contract.

I was thinking sheed and baby's expiring contract for camby and rudy.

Then we sign and trade ray to new york for lee

then we sign mike miller or reddick for the mle

re-sign sheldon, bring back sheed after the break

that gives us

Camby          Lee     Semih   (Perk)  (Sheed)
KG             Lee    Sheldon   Harangody
PP             TA
Miller or reddick   Rudy   Avery Bradley
Rondo          Nate Robinson

The thing is, is Portland signed Camby this past season to an extension..they aren't letting go of him, they're sticking with him and Oden. Not only that I don't believe they are in rebuild mode, or cap shedding mode so they'd be shipping out Camby and getting nothing worthy to them in return..Baby is good but I don't think shipping Camby is worth 6 mil in cap space and an undersized bench forward, when they already have Aldridge, Juwan Howard, Batum, Pendergraph, etc. I also don't see Reddick somewhere outside of Orlando, we saw how much they were willing to spend(on Gortat)..we've also seen how much better Orlando can play with Reddick on the floor with them. I personally don't see them letting Reddick go.

I'd have to agree with BlazerLad. No way Portland is letting go of their #1 overall pick, even WITH his injury problems. For trades, you need to give up something valuable to gain something valuable - unless it's a team in DIRE need of cap space where they don't care what they get back, as long as they send off some monster contract(s)

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2010, 02:10:37 PM »

Offline BlazerLad

• Jaden Springer
Przybilla will most likely be out of action until the new year.  Portland may want to hold on to him for a trade deadline deal using his expiring contract to bring back a quality player.  Rudy is a very good 2-guard but just hasn't flourished in Nate's slow tempo offense.  Camby is our backup center and power forward and insurance in case Oden goes down again. 

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2010, 02:15:39 PM »

Offline BlazerLad

• Jaden Springer
I agree with you DR H.  But Howard will most likely not be returning to the Blazers, that roster spot will be used on someone younger.  He provided great veteran leadership in his time here but those duties are not needed from him anymore.  If he does come back it will be as an assistant coach.