Author Topic: Talking to David Lee's Agent  (Read 21135 times)

Re: Talking to David Lee's Agent
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2010, 09:06:53 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
The Knicks, Nets, Heat, and Bulls all have boat loads of money, and none of them have a quality PF.

I’d rand the PFs like this:

Bosh
Amare
Boozer
Lee

I’m guessing that the first three get max and Lee gets decent money because he’s the only one left. But i’d guess that those four guys end up on those four teams.

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2010, 09:12:29 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I have been thinking about this all day, and heres is the deal I can come up with that makes sense for both teams:

Boston trades: Ray Allen (resigned for a contract starting at $11 million), Sheed (who would be bought out by the Knicks for $3 million)

NY trades: David Lee (resigned for a contract starting at $10 million), Eddie Curry

If NY signs Amare to the max, this still leaves them with about $18 million in cap room. 

Boston gets a young, talented big man to solidify their front line, and although Curry's contract is tough to swallow, it is expiring, so could be used as an asset to get them a starting SG.

Not bad assuming LBJ is heading to NYC. Otherwise, why does Ray agree? He knows he can get a similar deal with Boston, which is his preferred destination (although NYC appears to be second).

It makes shooting a huge priority as you note. To that end, I think we should (in both this hypothetical example and for other more likely scenarios) put our 2011 #1 into play as required. It's going to be the worst draft in years outside the top few picks.

Well, this would be assuming he can't get a similar deal from Boston.  We have no idea what Boston is offering him.  Perhaps they are not offering anything near that kind of money, or they are standing strong at 2 years, and NY would offer 3 years. 

trading Ray kills our chances of contending next year. We must get a great player for Wallace plus junk and picks if we are to contend.

Did you see Ray in the playoffs?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2010, 09:15:34 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I have been thinking about this all day, and heres is the deal I can come up with that makes sense for both teams:

Boston trades: Ray Allen (resigned for a contract starting at $11 million), Sheed (who would be bought out by the Knicks for $3 million)

NY trades: David Lee (resigned for a contract starting at $10 million), Eddie Curry

If NY signs Amare to the max, this still leaves them with about $18 million in cap room. 

Boston gets a young, talented big man to solidify their front line, and although Curry's contract is tough to swallow, it is expiring, so could be used as an asset to get them a starting SG.

Not bad assuming LBJ is heading to NYC. Otherwise, why does Ray agree? He knows he can get a similar deal with Boston, which is his preferred destination (although NYC appears to be second).

It makes shooting a huge priority as you note. To that end, I think we should (in both this hypothetical example and for other more likely scenarios) put our 2011 #1 into play as required. It's going to be the worst draft in years outside the top few picks.

Well, this would be assuming he can't get a similar deal from Boston.  We have no idea what Boston is offering him.  Perhaps they are not offering anything near that kind of money, or they are standing strong at 2 years, and NY would offer 3 years. 

trading Ray kills our chances of contending next year. We must get a great player for Wallace plus junk and picks if we are to contend.

Ray was pretty good in the playoffs save for the Finals.

But many Celtics struggled in the Finals.

Not an excuse for Ray, but it was the reality.

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
I would be thrilled if we could get Lee, I just don't see it happening. I think a team will pay him a lot more than some of you think. I hope you guys are right tho.

I like your online name, you need a TP..! there ya go, just for general purpose, and to encourage you to stay on...!

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2010, 09:25:53 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Ray was pretty good in the playoffs save for the Finals.

But many Celtics struggled in the Finals.

Not an excuse for Ray, but it was the reality.

He was a good defender and spread the floor. At this point in his career, I would not say that without him it would "kill our chances of contending next year".
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2010, 09:30:05 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Don't ever forget the ron artest effect...he kneed ray really BAD on the dirty pick.....there is no way to do that on accident, try it, you just don't put your leg out like that, it is not normal, and most guys fear for their own knee, not an expert hit man like artest....a jump shooter cannot stroke it when his mechanics aren't fluid, a bad finger maybe, but in reality, as tough as ray is, jump shooters are a delicate machine, healthy = deadly, artest knows this, so did phil jackson, he sent him to do it...the celts NEED an enforcer....look at how they came at us this year, concussions, elbows, stitches..come on now......oh yea, we want lee...!

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2010, 09:38:37 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Seems like the Knicks are gonna sign Amar'e, so Lee becomes expendable to them. Maybe they can be had for cap relief in the form of Sheed's contract and another piece... Or maybe a sign and trade involving Ray since they've shown interest.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2010, 09:59:56 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Don't ever forget the ron artest effect...he kneed ray really BAD on the dirty pick.....there is no way to do that on accident, try it, you just don't put your leg out like that, it is not normal, and most guys fear for their own knee, not an expert hit man like artest....a jump shooter cannot stroke it when his mechanics aren't fluid, a bad finger maybe, but in reality, as tough as ray is, jump shooters are a delicate machine, healthy = deadly, artest knows this, so did phil jackson, he sent him to do it...the celts NEED an enforcer....look at how they came at us this year, concussions, elbows, stitches..come on now......oh yea, we want lee...!

Tp.

I too believe that Artest kneeing Ray in the thighs is what really hurt Ray's offensive game.

Ray was outstanding on the defensive end, and it would be a bit unfair to single him out and blame him for us losing.

And yes +1 @ we want Lee. Make it happen Angie !!

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2010, 10:05:09 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Celtics would benefit a lot having David Lee, even if means sacrificing Ray Allen. Here's how it works:

1) S&T Ray to the knicks 4 S&T David Lee to the Celtics
2) Use MLE & get Mike Miller
3) Trade Sheed+Cash 4 Ronny Turiaf & Anthony Morrow
4) Lure Shaq 4 Vet min. Use the Kobe video "“I got one more than Shaq”

Rondo/Avery
Morrow/TA
Pierce/Miller
KG/Lee/Turiaf
Shaq/Baby/Semih

Playoffs, Sheed gets bought out by the Warriors. But make sure he doesn't file retirement paper. Bring him back @ the end of February. Sheed 4 vet minimum. Roster

Rondo/Avery
Morrow/TA
Pierce/Miller
KG/Lee/Baby
Perk/Shaq/Sheed

I don't know how any team in the east can compete with that frontcourt. Lakers would be toast too.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:10:17 PM by Change »

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2010, 10:18:06 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Celtics would benefit a lot having David Lee, even if means sacrificing Ray Allen. Here's how it works:

Rondo/Avery
Morrow/TA
Pierce/Miller
KG/Lee/Turiaf
Shaq/Baby/Semih

Playoffs, Sheed gets bought out by the Warriors. But make sure he doesn't file retirement paper. Bring him back @ the end of February. Sheed 4 vet minimum. Roster

Rondo/Avery
Morrow/TA
Pierce/Miller
KG/Lee/Baby
Perk/Shaq/Sheed

I don't know how any team in the east can compete with that frontcourt. Lakers would be toast too.

That's all excellent except I don't think the Knicks want to be doing the Celtics any favors and I don't want Shaq.

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2010, 10:34:36 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Rondo/Avery
Morrow/TA
Pierce/Miller
KG/Lee/Turiaf
Shaq/Baby/Semih

Rondo/Avery
Morrow/TA
Pierce/Miller
KG/Lee/Baby
Perk/Shaq/Sheed

That's all excellent except I don't think the Knicks want to be doing the Celtics any favors and I don't want Shaq.

20minutes from 38YO Shaq is better than 90% of all the leagues Center. I don't how logistics works. This I know, David Lee makes Celtics a better team. That was just my ideal scenario, you might like or not.

« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2010, 10:41:13 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59

Rondo/Avery
Morrow/TA
Pierce/Miller
KG/Lee/Turiaf
Shaq/Baby/Semih

Rondo/Avery
Morrow/TA
Pierce/Miller
KG/Lee/Baby
Perk/Shaq/Sheed

I would absolutely love that line up (even tho I would like it even more if we can get Lee w/out giving Ray, but that might be hard to do)

Btw if we get Turiaf, how will we include him in the rotation?

And am all on board for getting Shaq. He might be old, but if used properly, can prove to be very effective for us especially in the post season.

Tp for the idea.

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2010, 10:50:48 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
That's called a log jam front court.

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2010, 12:37:16 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Rondo/Avery
Morrow/TA
Pierce/Miller
KG/Lee/Turiaf
Shaq/Baby/Semih

Rondo/Avery
Morrow/TA
Pierce/Miller
KG/Lee/Baby
Perk/Shaq/Sheed

20minutes from 38YO Shaq is better than 90% of all the leagues Center. I don't how logistics works. This I know, David Lee makes Celtics a better team. That was just my ideal scenario, you might like or not.
No its not, Shaq is a massive defensive liability and his offense is plodding and predictable.

« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2010, 12:43:50 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
That's called a log jam front court.
I'd be very worried about the utter lack of athelticism at the 4/5 spots.

If we have Shaq we really won't need Sheed, and vice versa.