Author Topic: 2010 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 114931 times)

Re: 2010 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #495 on: June 24, 2010, 11:52:54 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
It's too bad that the NBA has gotten to the point where if a guy is white, he automatically sucks in the eye of the average fan.  Not a racist comment, just a fact.

Right.

Pick #52, looks like a Scal copy in the year in which we´ll probably lose our one token white guy, plays "unorthodox", which is a code for chaotical...

No reason to assume he sucks.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #496 on: June 24, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Good pick for the Lakers.

The one thing this Lakers team is seriously lacking is Character.

I agree, unfortunately. That's a really good pick.  :( >:(
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #497 on: June 24, 2010, 11:54:12 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
3 Years All Big East First team.  You do that and you're not a stiff.
Bynum and Gasol will have their way with us again with Harangody dressed in Green.

The key is to overreact to a second round draft pick with five months until opening day.

::)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:01:18 AM by FallGuy »

« Reply #498 on: June 24, 2010, 11:56:05 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Would have liked to grab a legit center. I'm nervous about what we're going to do at that spot until Perk gets back. If you look at the free agents, either were going to have to pay full MLE for Haywood or we're gonna need to grab someone for the vet min.

I hope Erden can ball.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #499 on: June 24, 2010, 11:56:12 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
I don no bout dis. Not exactly lighting up my Thurs. Loosing to the Lakers was bad enough - now you got a couple undersized tweener types and maybe a big man who does a pretty good lurch imitation from turkey. I don no.

« Reply #500 on: June 24, 2010, 11:57:16 PM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
3 Years All Big East First team.  You do that and you're not a stiff.
Bynum and Gasol will have their way with us again with Harangody dressed in Green.

They key is to overreact to a second round draft pick with five months until opening day.

interesting?

« Reply #501 on: June 24, 2010, 11:57:36 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
They key is to overreact to a second round draft pick with five months until opening day.
Anything from 40 on is kind of a crapshoot anyway.

« Reply #502 on: June 24, 2010, 11:59:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
As I said earlier, Harangody is Baby lite and white.

He's undersized but strong as an ox. He's a good rebound and will score in ways you just don't expect. He has an endless motor and is a tremendous worker. He has very little lift but is smart around the basket using both hands and using the basket to screen his defender.

But he's not nearly the defender or, believe it or not, athlete that Big Baby is. He's got NBDL success written all over him and will probably never see a meaningful minute playing basketball as a Boston Celtic.

« Reply #503 on: June 25, 2010, 12:00:48 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I have to second anyone on here who says we just drafted Scal's replacement. Very disappointed with this draft.

We'd better be looking at throwing the full MLE to Haywood, as someone else also has said.

« Reply #504 on: June 25, 2010, 12:01:14 AM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
As I said earlier, Harangody is Baby lite and white.

He's undersized but strong as an ox. He's a good rebound and will score in ways you just don't expect. He has an endless motor and is a tremendous worker. He has very little lift but is smart around the basket using both hands and using the basket to screen his defender.

But he's not nearly the defender or, believe it or not, athlete that Big Baby is. He's got NBDL success written all over him and will probably never see a meaningful minute playing basketball as a Boston Celtic.

uhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

« Reply #505 on: June 25, 2010, 12:08:49 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Undrafted: Zoubek, Parakhouski, Raduljica, Mikhail Torrance, Alexey Shved...

is Harangody more NBA-ready than those kids? I don't know, I'd pick any of them, for size or skills or potential, over the new #44.

Could we pick any of them for the summer league? I really like reports on Torrance and Shved.

« Reply #506 on: June 25, 2010, 12:17:24 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Undrafted: Zoubek, Parakhouski, Raduljica, Mikhail Torrance, Alexey Shved...

is Harangody more NBA-ready than those kids? I don't know, I'd pick any of them, for size or skills or potential, over the new #44.

Could we pick any of them for the summer league? I really like reports on Torrance and Shved.

TP. Here's Jonathan Givony's list:

Top undrafted free agents: Brian Zoubek, Samardo Samuels, Alexey Shved, Jeremy Wise, Mikhail Torrance, Sylven Landesberg, Manny Harris, Artsiom Parakhouski, Miroslav Raduljica, Aubrey Coleman, Matt Bouldin, Ben Uzoh, A.J. Ogilvy

I love Zoubek's offensive rebound rate, and he's a winner. Raduljica is likely a first round talent, but has been busy burning bridges, blew off practices and private workouts at the Adidas Eurocamp.

« Reply #507 on: June 25, 2010, 12:26:04 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1647
  • What a Pub Should Be
Draft Board is now up to date through the end of the draft

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #508 on: June 25, 2010, 12:28:50 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I must admit that the more I watched this draft unfold, the more it sucked.  I honestly believe there might be 10 players in this entire draft that are worth anything. 

Why couldn't this have been the year that the Celtics had those "contingent" draft picks be handed away.  Our two picks should have been sold...Danny had a bad night and I hope this isn't a precursor to the offseason...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #509 on: June 25, 2010, 12:34:57 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Chad Ford:

Schocked that Landesberg and Manny Harris go undrafted. John Hollinger drafted Landesberg 10th in his personal mock.

And Harris went 22nd. Which lead me to see where Hollinger ranked Avery Bradley:

At 19th I’d put Avery Bradley. He’s only 48th in the Draft Rater but the system tends to be less accurate with one-and-done players and subjectively I think it’s underrated him; additionally, a lot of his value is at the defensive end, which won’t show up in his stats.

...behind James Anderson but ahead of Eric Bledsoe and Jordan Crawford.