Author Topic: Wimbledon 2010  (Read 27954 times)

Re: Wimbledon 2010
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2010, 10:13:33 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I will be in the chat room probably for the rest of this match (or until 11:00...whichever comes first) if anyone wants to join me. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2010, 10:23:37 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Serena played the best I can remember her playing!  She never had a let down in the match, and never lost focus.   She was  on a mission!  Congratulations, Serena!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2010, 12:19:23 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
That sucks but the better player won.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2010, 08:24:12 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

Really felt sorry for Vera when saw her crying during the doubles final. Tough day but it would have taken an incredible effort to win the singles. Maybe she can rebound at the USO.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2010, 09:20:04 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

Really felt sorry for Vera when saw her crying during the doubles final. Tough day but it would have taken an incredible effort to win the singles. Maybe she can rebound at the USO.
What could have been the best day of here career, turned out awful.

I don't understand why the women's doubles final is in the same day as the singles. They just could have played it today. A really stupid decision, especially if they want more top players to play doubles.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2010, 10:46:22 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
Wow Rafa is just ruthless out there. The way he applies the pressure at the right moments is almost cruel.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2010, 10:49:11 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff

What could have been the best day of here career, turned out awful.

I don't understand why the women's doubles final is in the same day as the singles. They just could have played it today. A really stupid decision, especially if they want more top players to play doubles.

Yeah that's a good point. Or even play the doubles final on Friday if they don't want to have the women playing on Sunday. Getting over the singles physically and mentally after a loss to focus on another final a couple of hours later has to be almost impossible. 

« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
Berdych needs to hold here. At least force a tie-break. I feel his pain already. Like the C's trying to upset all top 3 teams but very likely going to fall short in the end. And loses the match as I type. Congrats to Rafa. He's played incredibly well the past 3 months.

« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2010, 11:36:25 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wow Rafa is just ruthless out there. The way he applies the pressure at the right moments is almost cruel.

He's a master at reading his opponent and controlling the tempo of a game ... it's a joy to watch, and must be a nightmare to face.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2010, 11:39:05 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff

He's a master at reading his opponent and controlling the tempo of a game ... it's a joy to watch, and must be a nightmare to face.

Yeah he is isn't he? I don't know why but he reminds of Rondo so much. Just so compelling to watch out there. Completely relentless. And so very endearing off the court.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 11:44:37 AM by twinbree »

« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2010, 12:06:16 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Yeah he is isn't he? I don't know why but he reminds of Rondo so much. Just so compelling to watch out there. Completely relentless. And so very endearing off the court.

Yeah, you're right ... same kind of exuberant energy as R2, and it must be unnerving for the people he's playing against. So much talent, but also that "it" factor that saparates the best from the very good.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 12:22:50 PM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *