Author Topic: Lakers Fans Do Boston  (Read 2593 times)

Lakers Fans Do Boston
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:30:21 AM »

Offline jwoods

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
This video is hilarious!  There are Celtics fans posing as Laker fans, and walking around Boston.  This is classic!!! ;D

http://www.tauntr.com/content/lakers-fans-do-boston

Re: Lakers Fans Do Boston
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 10:50:38 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Funny vid, but did they really have to go and put the Lakers gear on the Red statue?  Especially not really being Laker fans.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 10:55:18 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
yup, that looks accurate  ;D

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 11:16:47 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
lame imo

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 11:30:22 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
lame imo

I agree...didn't need to make it so homophobic. Appreciate the sentiment but pretty low form of comedy. Should've went smarter.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
lame imo

I agree...didn't need to make it so homophobic. Appreciate the sentiment but pretty low form of comedy. Should've went smarter.

very lame video, imho.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 01:12:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Yea they could have made one part of it a joke about that, but would have been funnier if they mixed up the brands of humor.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 01:31:29 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
lame imo

Agreed.  Because being gays are funny, and all homosexuals are flamboyant stereotypes.

Maybe Lakers fans can make a video about racist alcoholic Boston fans who beat their girlfriends.  Because, you know, stupid stereotypes are hilarious.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 01:41:45 PM »

Offline celticsmaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 0
 ::) I wish someone could explain to me what's so homophobic about it. I mean, yeah, the guys are dressed in flamboyant outfits and are acting out all kinds of gay acts, but they're only doing that to get across the premise that they're Laker fans. Otherwise it would just seem like they were some random guys who happened to be wearing yellow and purple clothing. It's not like they're saying gay people are bad or urinating on a rainbow flag or something.

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 01:47:15 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
::) I wish someone could explain to me what's so homophobic about it. I mean, yeah, the guys are dressed in flamboyant outfits and are acting out all kinds of gay acts, but they're only doing that to get across the premise that they're Laker fans. Otherwise it would just seem like they were some random guys who happened to be wearing yellow and purple clothing. It's not like they're saying gay people are bad or urinating on a rainbow flag or something.

The premise of the skit is that Lakers fans are bad, right?  And they're acting in a way in which gays are often portrayed, right?

So, it shouldn't take too much connecting of the dots to see that gay = bad, right?

I'm pretty sure it's possible to portray somebody as a buffoon without caricaturing them as the biggest possible gay stereotype.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 02:50:03 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
lame imo

Agreed.  Because being gays are funny, and all homosexuals are flamboyant stereotypes.

Maybe Lakers fans can make a video about racist alcoholic Boston fans who beat their girlfriends.  Because, you know, stupid stereotypes are hilarious.

The premise of the skit is that Lakers fans are bad, right?  And they're acting in a way in which gays are often portrayed, right?

So, it shouldn't take too much connecting of the dots to see that gay = bad, right?

I'm pretty sure it's possible to portray somebody as a buffoon without caricaturing them as the biggest possible gay stereotype.

Yup.  Wish there was a "Give 100 Tommy Points" button.  Word up Hobbsy...

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 03:07:29 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games

co-sign and TP.