Author Topic: Tommy Points: How many will you give to help the cause?  (Read 110500 times)

Re: Tommy Points: How many will you give to help the cause?
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2011, 09:14:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
wow

i missed this thread and kinda glad i did..cuz i woulda went all in.

these tommy thangs for me are hard to come by

Haha.  You've got to be near the top of the leader board these days.  Well done, Bass.

-3333 TPs? That prisoner's story inspired you, huh. ;)

Haha.  Yeah, I'd rather give up a few thousand imaginary TPs than three years in prison, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2011, 09:16:18 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
wow

i missed this thread and kinda glad i did..cuz i woulda went all in.

these tommy thangs for me are hard to come by

Haha.  You've got to be near the top of the leader board these days.  Well done, Bass.

-3333 TPs? That prisoner's story inspired you, huh. ;)

Haha.  Yeah, I'd rather give up a few thousand imaginary TPs than three years in prison, though.

imaginary?

u mean they are not really?

oh no!!

*sippin*

*drankin*

*bruppin*

hobbs i been miss lead all these years?

« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2011, 09:16:28 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I'm not sure what's more appropriate:

Tennyson's "it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

Dickens' "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." or from the same tome "tis a far far better thing that i do than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known" or

Tom Petty's "No, I won't back down. You can stand me up at the gates of hell. But, I won't back down. No, I'll stand my ground."

I guess they all fit. This feeling really sucks. Go Bulls!!!

Next time, I have a suggestion. Let's do this in reverse. Whoever wants in gives up all their TPs if the Cs win. That's really giving it up for the cause.
Not to go all philosophical on you, but I am just "tripping down the road and feeling groovy"  8)  (signed, the old hippie)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2011, 09:19:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, sad to say, you can't even buy Monopoly money with those things.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #454 on: May 13, 2011, 10:08:40 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Yeah, sad to say, you can't even buy Monopoly money with those things.

HA  HA!!!!

i thought i could atleast get a 40 oz....

wow...

« Reply #455 on: May 14, 2011, 06:20:07 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Ouch! 2,556 and nothing to show for it ... reminds me of the property taxes in Gorham, Maine! :o :) ;D
Bahku, I have been sitting here with a huge smirk on my face because I have more TPs than you.  Somehow that doesn't seem right though, so I am giving you "one"   ;)  My lead won't last long, but it does feel good.  ha ha ha ha ha

Back atcha, TB ... we'll help each other through the pain of loss, (and everyone else who went all-in) ... you're all my new heroes! ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #456 on: May 15, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
So, perhaps luckily for some, this never really got off the ground this year.  Kudos to all those who wagered their TPs, but we're not going to hold anybody to this this year.

That's not to say that the season is over, but if the worst happens, nobody has to worry about their TPs being zeroed out.  (Much like last year, though, that's kind of the least of everybody's worries, I know.)

Funny story....actually I just read this, after taking away everyone's TP's (who actually wagered them).

So um...yeah. If you're outraged...sorry?
I just popped back onto the site after a couple of days and noticed i'm back down to 3 now  :(

bummer.  I was bit excited when Roy offered the reprieve but oh well, time to rebuild.  Let's see if we can rebuild the TP counts before Danny can rebuild this team

« Reply #457 on: May 15, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
So, perhaps luckily for some, this never really got off the ground this year.  Kudos to all those who wagered their TPs, but we're not going to hold anybody to this this year.

That's not to say that the season is over, but if the worst happens, nobody has to worry about their TPs being zeroed out.  (Much like last year, though, that's kind of the least of everybody's worries, I know.)

Funny story....actually I just read this, after taking away everyone's TP's (who actually wagered them).

I just popped back onto the site after a couple of days and noticed i'm back down to 3 now  :(

bummer.  I was bit excited when Roy offered the reprieve but oh well, time to rebuild.  Let's see if we can rebuild the TP counts before Danny can rebuild this team
Oh, I hope not................
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #458 on: May 15, 2011, 08:44:14 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

At least we believed in our team. Here's another TP.

« Reply #459 on: May 15, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Oh, I hope not................
Hey, I'm all for doling out as many TP's as possible to those that sacrificed for the cause before the next season.   ;D
Here's a round for everyone that donated on this thread.

« Reply #460 on: May 16, 2011, 06:42:26 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
And another round from me.   ;D

« Reply #461 on: May 16, 2011, 08:04:19 AM »

Kiorrik

Round of generosity from me. Had to bump some TP totals a bit there, seeing as I feel slightly guilty of rebooting this topic.

Sorry for that guys, to everyone.

But honestly, I'd rather have a title than have my TP's back. FOR THE CAUSE!!!

LET'S GO CELTICS!!! (next season. maybe. ... this sucks lol)

« Reply #462 on: May 16, 2011, 08:37:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Round of generosity from me. Had to bump some TP totals a bit there, seeing as I feel slightly guilty of rebooting this topic.

Sorry for that guys, to everyone.

But honestly, I'd rather have a title than have my TP's back. FOR THE CAUSE!!!

LET'S GO CELTICS!!! (next season. maybe. ... this sucks lol)
you should feel more guilty about picking a Heat sweep in my thread for TP's during C's/Heat series  ;)  (so much for reverse jinx)