Author Topic: Dwight Howard thanks god at the end of game 4  (Read 12276 times)

Re: Dwight Howard thanks god at the end of game 4
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2010, 02:19:53 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
With all due respect to God, Dwight should have thanked the officials first and foremost for swallowing their whistles at some pretty important moments, allowing him and Jameer to stay on the floor for much longer than they deserved.

Maybe the game WAS fixed. And Howard was covertly thanking David Stern. Code Name: God.

Actually, I'd watch that TV series. God inhabiting the body of David Stern.

C'mon now...do you and G-Wrench always have to be so sarcastic and mock evey post(er) that says that the refs were terrible in this game...reason why we lost etc etc. You know one day someone with a short fuse might just lose it and say/post something that will be "against the rules"....sure the mods will be forced to take some sort of action...but is this kind of tone really going to make you ,or others who use such tone, popular/liked/respected on this blog? I'm sorry...this isn't against you personally...but there is quite a bit of sarcasm from every poster here that does not subscribe to the "ref job" theory....sarcasm that is totally uncalled for...

There are some people who just do not have ANY tolerance when it comes to crticizing officials ... no matter WHAT, to them, saying a ref has made a mistake is somehow only interpreted as an "excuse" for a team playing poorly, or an excuse for fans when we just can't handle our team losing, (and please, I'm not naming anyone in particular here).

I haven't really figured out the phenomenon, that to some people officials are somehow above reproach or criticism ... ALL the time ... PERIOD. To some, reality does not make room for the imperfections of those that officiate professional sports, and they have a bit of trouble grasping the fact that, like every human that walks this earth, sometimes refs make errors, and sometimes they are biased, and sometimes they just plain suck.

Well, despite, that's certainly their right, and they are completely entitled to their opinion. However, they need to realize that we're also entitled to OURS, and that there's a good chance that at least once-in-a-while, we may be right, and the officials may have actually erred.

As I say, I haven't figured out how anyone could ever reach the point of awarding ANY official in ANY sport the level of respect that assumes perfection, (because it's just not in keeping with reality), but if I had to guess, I'd say that they themselves may be an official on some level, or have a close relative that is, or a friend.

However, no matter what anyone's opinion or viewpoint may be, posting on this blog should always be done with mutual respect and sans the sarcasm, and that's where, like you, I lose my patience with some. (TP, BFM)  
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2010, 02:23:20 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
With all due respect to God, Dwight should have thanked the officials first and foremost for swallowing their whistles at some pretty important moments, allowing him and Jameer to stay on the floor for much longer than they deserved.

Maybe the game WAS fixed. And Howard was covertly thanking David Stern. Code Name: God.

Actually, I'd watch that TV series. God inhabiting the body of David Stern.

C'mon now...do you and G-Wrench always have to be so sarcastic and mock evey post(er) that says that the refs were terrible in this game...reason why we lost etc etc. You know one day someone with a short fuse might just lose it and say/post something that will be "against the rules"....sure the mods will be forced to take some sort of action...but is this kind of tone really going to make you ,or others who use such tone, popular/liked/respected on this blog? I'm sorry...this isn't against you personally...but there is quite a bit of sarcasm from every poster here that does not subscribe to the "ref job" theory....sarcasm that is totally uncalled for...

Actually, I was trying to be funny rather than mocking anyone. YMMV on the results.

But since you asked - there is an enormous amount of ref-bashing and fix-is-in talk in the archives of this blog. And it certainly appears to be baseless from everything I've seen. Certainly, if others can espouse their conspiracy theories, those of us who do regard them as baseless should be able to make our points too? 

Sure...make your point...and make it aggressively if need be....but it doesn't have to be dripping with sarcasm and notes of mockery. I know that the refs/officiating get a lot of blame for some losses....but that doesn't give you the right to reply with a sarcastic post....and please don't use YMMV as a cop out...maybe you were being funny this time...and if you were, then I'm sorry that my sense of humour sucks...but its pretty obvious that not all posts are funny...

Really don't want to make this about me but I think if you go back and look at my history of posts you'll find they're rarely dripping with "sarcasm and notes of mockery", especially compared to the near-constant mockery of non-Celtics teams and players that goes on 24/7 around here. I rarely get into that kind of thing, but I certainly don't begrudge others their right to do so.  Nor do I expect everyone to share my sense of humor.

We all make our contributions to this blog from our own perspectives. A few wrinkled feathers, mine included, are good for us.

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2010, 02:25:21 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Because of the recent rash of criticism afforded NBA officials, in this series especially, the NBA and David Stern are considering this solution for Game 5:

;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2010, 02:30:25 AM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Because of the recent rash of criticism afforded NBA officials, in this series especially, the NBA and David Stern are considering this solution for Game 5:

;)

LOL TP 4 that hilarious and i think the loss has got everyone on there heels snappin at each other=  ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk