Author Topic: What happened tonight....calling out the fans....team ...coaches and org.  (Read 9768 times)

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
So I went to the game tonight, and I've had about 4 hours to digest this game, and I am unable to sleep right now after all this went down.   Now let me give you a little info on me as a person, I've been a fan of the team since I was 10, in the 1998-1999 season...I sat through all of those bad years   and yes, the good ones we had as well.    After tonight I've never been so disgusted in my entire life at a sporting event, EVER.  I've made some irrational thoughts and statements before but I can safely say that this is the 100% truth.

Why am I so heated?  Well heres a list of things that really irked me about tonight

First I'll start with the fans in attendance tonight. I called WEEI after the game and spoke to Mikey about this.  New England fans to put it bluntly ,  SUCK. I am embarrassed to be grouped with some of you as a fan of these teams. Did any of you watch the Thunder these playoffs? How about some of these other teams.  Their fans were ON THEIR FEET the entire game.  Not only that, but their fans ARRIVED ON TIME. I was sitting in Balcony 322 and at TIPOFF  the stadium was just over half full... HALF FULL.  Those of you who arrived late should be ASHAMED of yourself if you are reading this. Your team was making twitter posts all week,  to wear your green (which obviously nobody really cared to do) Your team was coming home after an impressive win, with a chance to go up 3-1 after 2 home games. Your team was ready to make Cleveland struggle  in our building.  And as they come out of the tunnel...they see yellow seats.  How demoralizing is that as a player to expect a roaring crowd in your home stadium during the PLAYOFFS ...then come out to silence and empty seats. The place was silent about 20 minutes prior to tipoff...no buzz   no nothing. I thought I was at a wake, little did I know it was going to be a murder rather than a wake.  Those of you who arrived late are the ones that show up late for Pats games,  and Sox playoff games.   New England sports fans have become this snoot bag that uses the games as a status rather than going to get behind your team. I am embarrassed by you.  And then those of you who didnt care to show up on time had the guts to boo!?!?  I should have been booing you!

That brings me to my next point, the booing.  AS I said above the idiots that showed up late have no business booing for a team they didnt care to show up on time to see.  But the fans that have dedicated themselves to this team for as long as I have,  and as long as many of you have which is plenty long. You have every right to be extremely mad about this game. I know it was mentioned in another post that Cle fans didnt boo during their loss...but theres a difference there...their team actually made a comeback at the end, they showed heart and that they cared. This team showed none of that...at all. Thats pathetic, this team was pathetic today and those fans who have been dedicated to this team are owed an apology by the team for that effort tonight after we dropped hundreds of dollars to go see them. Thats pathetic.     Did I boo? No...I should have, and would have if I wasnt so wrapped up in how disgusting this team played.

My next beef....the Garden.  As I said I was in balcony 322. Balcony  I know it gets rowdy sometimes. But here is what went on at tonights game.  In the last row of 322/323  there was a group of obnoxious Cavs fans, who were blatantly trying to cause issues. Holding up his sign, yelling SCORE BOARD    SCORE BOARD   and other such chants....getting in the faces of Celtics fans.  Finally one guy lower in the balcony turned around and had choice words for the Cavs fan...security tossed him even though this Cavs fan instigated the altercation.   As Cavs fan is walking back up the stairs to his seats he is waving his sign around in the faces of Celtics fans...a  Celtics fan grabs the sign out of his face  and rips it to pieces. Much to the delight of others....however security comes up and tossed HIM out and not Cavs fan.   In the end  four people from 322/ 323  were tossed from the game because of situations this fan caused by purposely being obnoxious in an opposing teams stadium.  Im sorry but this is wrong, it seemed to me that the Garden was protecting fans of the other team because they know that our fans will harass them.  If your gunna toss one end of the argument toss the other who started it. Why is it we hear horror stories out in Philly and other stadiums about fans being literally scared to go into Philly stadiums because they will be wearing the visiting teams colors, yet our stadiums have to preach the love  hugs and kisses  scene. Im sorry but having to listen to an obnoxious Cavs fan get his way by instigating fights and getting Celtics fans tossed is hampering my game experience,  Id rather have Celtics fans be jerks and scare people from our stadium if it means I am able to watch the game in peace. My other beef with the Garden is those stupid thunder sticks.  Please do away with those forever. They were stuffed in the pockets of fans, not used, as I expected and will sit in some kids room collecting dust, or annoying his parents as he bangs them around the house.  The garden had a perfect chance to stick it to the NBA by doing Towels as a giveaway  after the Ainge incident, and they dropped the ball, they had a chance to do a greenout like their players wanted to make happen, but dropped the ball on that too. Is game 4  Celtics  bra hook night?  IF so  I cant wait to get there!

The team and coaching schemes killed me tonight....  BBD did nothing, Perk did nothing, Rasheed nothing, Paul and Ray...nothing.  For some reason Doc always insists on having BBD and Rasheed on the floor at the same time, and all season long that is the line that consistantly gets killed. I just dont get how that is not seen.  The officiating all series has been pathetic...the foul differential is a joke, JOKE. I've never seen a player Lebrons size, drive the lane so aggressive  and get tacked for only ONE foul per game. He averages the LEAST fouls per game of any starting 5 player in the league....Rasheed a bench player averages more.  I've finally come to the conclusion after tonight that Timmy D.'s book isnt all that far off.  The fact that Bennet was put on this game rose red flags to me as I drove in today. I could go on and on about that and give situations that I saw that were obvious examples of corruption, but its not worth it.

All in all....good night huh?

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

The team doesn't deserve to be called out for one bad playoff game. If no-one remembers, we did blow them out in Game 2. Of course, they do deserve to be called out for regular-season underperformance, but we've flipped the switch in the playoffs (which is whree it counts), so why worry?

The fans (some anyway) are out of line though. TP

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
Great post. The Garden came across as very lame from home too! It's gut check time for the Celtics. The games have been very unfairly reffed, but they have to play with all abandon for the rest of the series and they need to trust there team mates and foul out if they need to.

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Sigh.

Not sure what else to say at this point.  I'm just sick of being embarrassed and ashamed by this team.  In some ways it'll be a relief when they're done.

Oh well.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Larry Bird would never have stood for this.

Neither would have Cowens, Russell, Havlicek, or even Antione Walker (remember Game 3 of the 2002 Nets series??)

Where is the leadership on this team?

Hint: Throwing Rondo and Perkins under the bus.

This team probably won't make the playoffs next year. They better try to win Sunday, at least try. 

The beatings will continue until morale improves

Offline Pawtucket Pat

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
I was there tonight. [Edited]

No profanity and especially directed towards others
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:06:21 AM by Donoghus »

Offline Pawtucket Pat

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
It sucked tonight. At least we didn't chant MVP for LeBron. They did that for Kobe once. That was my lowlight as a Celts fan.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
So I went to the game tonight, and I've had about 4 hours to digest this game, and I am unable to sleep right now after all this went down.   Now let me give you a little info on me as a person, I've been a fan of the team since I was 10, in the 1998-1999 season...I sat through all of those bad years   and yes, the good ones we had as well.    After tonight I've never been so disgusted in my entire life at a sporting event, EVER.  I've made some irrational thoughts and statements before but I can safely say that this is the 100% truth.

Why am I so heated?  Well heres a list of things that really irked me about tonight

First I'll start with the fans in attendance tonight. I called WEEI after the game and spoke to Mikey about this.  New England fans to put it bluntly ,  SUCK. I am embarrassed to be grouped with some of you as a fan of these teams. Did any of you watch the Thunder these playoffs? How about some of these other teams.  Their fans were ON THEIR FEET the entire game.  Not only that, but their fans ARRIVED ON TIME. I was sitting in Balcony 322 and at TIPOFF  the stadium was just over half full... HALF FULL.  Those of you who arrived late should be ASHAMED of yourself if you are reading this. Your team was making twitter posts all week,  to wear your green (which obviously nobody really cared to do) Your team was coming home after an impressive win, with a chance to go up 3-1 after 2 home games. Your team was ready to make Cleveland struggle  in our building.  And as they come out of the tunnel...they see yellow seats.  How demoralizing is that as a player to expect a roaring crowd in your home stadium during the PLAYOFFS ...then come out to silence and empty seats. The place was silent about 20 minutes prior to tipoff...no buzz   no nothing. I thought I was at a wake, little did I know it was going to be a murder rather than a wake.  Those of you who arrived late are the ones that show up late for Pats games,  and Sox playoff games.   New England sports fans have become this snoot bag that uses the games as a status rather than going to get behind your team. I am embarrassed by you.  And then those of you who didnt care to show up on time had the guts to boo!?!?  I should have been booing you!

That brings me to my next point, the booing.  AS I said above the idiots that showed up late have no business booing for a team they didnt care to show up on time to see.  But the fans that have dedicated themselves to this team for as long as I have,  and as long as many of you have which is plenty long. You have every right to be extremely mad about this game. I know it was mentioned in another post that Cle fans didnt boo during their loss...but theres a difference there...their team actually made a comeback at the end, they showed heart and that they cared. This team showed none of that...at all. Thats pathetic, this team was pathetic today and those fans who have been dedicated to this team are owed an apology by the team for that effort tonight after we dropped hundreds of dollars to go see them. Thats pathetic.     Did I boo? No...I should have, and would have if I wasnt so wrapped up in how disgusting this team played.

My next beef....the Garden.  As I said I was in balcony 322. Balcony  I know it gets rowdy sometimes. But here is what went on at tonights game.  In the last row of 322/323  there was a group of obnoxious Cavs fans, who were blatantly trying to cause issues. Holding up his sign, yelling SCORE BOARD    SCORE BOARD   and other such chants....getting in the faces of Celtics fans.  Finally one guy lower in the balcony turned around and had choice words for the Cavs fan...security tossed him even though this Cavs fan instigated the altercation.   As Cavs fan is walking back up the stairs to his seats he is waving his sign around in the faces of Celtics fans...a  Celtics fan grabs the sign out of his face  and rips it to pieces. Much to the delight of others....however security comes up and tossed HIM out and not Cavs fan.   In the end  four people from 322/ 323  were tossed from the game because of situations this fan caused by purposely being obnoxious in an opposing teams stadium.  Im sorry but this is wrong, it seemed to me that the Garden was protecting fans of the other team because they know that our fans will harass them.  If your gunna toss one end of the argument toss the other who started it. Why is it we hear horror stories out in Philly and other stadiums about fans being literally scared to go into Philly stadiums because they will be wearing the visiting teams colors, yet our stadiums have to preach the love  hugs and kisses  scene. Im sorry but having to listen to an obnoxious Cavs fan get his way by instigating fights and getting Celtics fans tossed is hampering my game experience,  Id rather have Celtics fans be jerks and scare people from our stadium if it means I am able to watch the game in peace. My other beef with the Garden is those stupid thunder sticks.  Please do away with those forever. They were stuffed in the pockets of fans, not used, as I expected and will sit in some kids room collecting dust, or annoying his parents as he bangs them around the house.  The garden had a perfect chance to stick it to the NBA by doing Towels as a giveaway  after the Ainge incident, and they dropped the ball, they had a chance to do a greenout like their players wanted to make happen, but dropped the ball on that too. Is game 4  Celtics  bra hook night?  IF so  I cant wait to get there!

The team and coaching schemes killed me tonight....  BBD did nothing, Perk did nothing, Rasheed nothing, Paul and Ray...nothing.  For some reason Doc always insists on having BBD and Rasheed on the floor at the same time, and all season long that is the line that consistantly gets killed. I just dont get how that is not seen.  The officiating all series has been pathetic...the foul differential is a joke, JOKE. I've never seen a player Lebrons size, drive the lane so aggressive  and get tacked for only ONE foul per game. He averages the LEAST fouls per game of any starting 5 player in the league....Rasheed a bench player averages more.  I've finally come to the conclusion after tonight that Timmy D.'s book isnt all that far off.  The fact that Bennet was put on this game rose red flags to me as I drove in today. I could go on and on about that and give situations that I saw that were obvious examples of corruption, but its not worth it.

From CelticsBlog Rules:

Do not start threads or make posts for the purpose of "calling out" other posters.  Retrospective threads are fine, "I told you so" threads aimed at making others look bad are not.

Just a reminder ... the following comment is why. ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 03:52:55 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I was there tonight. And **** you.

From CelticsBlog rules:

No swearing! There is absolutely no need for swearing in any post. If you can't find another way to express your opinion, buy a thesaurus. Any forum post, blog comment or personal message with profanity, masked profanity, abbreviations referring to profanity, or allusions to profanity (i.e., **** or @#$#, etc.), whether or not caught by the blog filter, will be deleted

Just another friendly reminder. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I agree and disagree.

I agree in that it bothers me too when fans show up late and don't wear green to support the team (especially when a player twitters that he wants a green out.)

I disagree with the booing aspect of your post. If fans pay money to buy a ticket, they have every right to boo, cheer, jeer, whatever.

Last night, the Celtics clearly didn't play with any urgency or effort. They were lame ducks. Are they bored again?

These are the playoffs yet for some reason the Celts played the game last night like it was pre-season.

That is unacceptable and fans recognize the lack of effort, boo it and rightfully so.

I love the Celtics as much as the next guy. But there is nothing wrong with expressing displeasure in the lifeless performances the team shows at times. We know they can do better!

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
the cavs fan thing; I'm torn on that - as someone who regularly goes to away stadiums (we do a roadtrip every year) I like knowing I can wear my colors in another stadium (and yes we've done it in PHilly and it was fine) - to what degree were they instigating, if they're cheering their team and holding a sign, to me that's not really instigating...for someone to swear at them or rip up their sign should get them kicked out - that said if they're swearing and getting in people's faces, then maybe they should be kicked out - that's a tough one
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cs knew exactly what was coming and let it happen. the effort and energy wasn't there....the shot selection was bad from the get go....and they just took it.

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Cs knew exactly what was coming and let it happen. the effort and energy wasn't there....the shot selection was bad from the get go....and they just took it.

Yeah.  The thing that made it the worst wasn't that they got beaten by double digits at home...it was that they so clearly gave up before the first quarter was even over.

Simply deplorable.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
I agree and disagree.

I agree in that it bothers me too when fans show up late and don't wear green to support the team (especially when a player twitters that he wants a green out.)

I disagree with the booing aspect of your post. If fans pay money to buy a ticket, they have every right to boo, cheer, jeer, whatever.

Last night, the Celtics clearly didn't play with any urgency or effort. They were lame ducks. Are they bored again?

These are the playoffs yet for some reason the Celts played the game last night like it was pre-season.

That is unacceptable and fans recognize the lack of effort, boo it and rightfully so.

I love the Celtics as much as the next guy. But there is nothing wrong with expressing displeasure in the lifeless performances the team shows at times. We know they can do better!

I agree...if you spend the money  you should have the right to boo if you so choose, but if you care so little about that team that you dont even show up on time for their playoff game then in my opinion you've waived that right to boo no matter what. By showing up late to a freakin playoff game  youve shown that you dont really care about anything other than the end result of the game.

cdif911    my point to that statement is that it was obvious Garden officials were protecting the Cavs fan despite not seeing the entire situation, they assumed that the Cavs fan was taking heat unsolicited   which was false. They didnt put two and two together that they had to come up the stairs four different times to deal with situations involving this guy, and didnt factor in, Hay! He might be a cause of this!  Thats bogus    Maybe David Stern hired security too! hahahaha

To Q-    The leadership on this team failed tonight, Rondo is going to be a Bobby Doerr...lead by example  not by words type. Hes going to lead on the court, not the locker room speeches. And I think he did tonight as well as he was one of only two players that showed up

In all our offense tonight was PATHETIC. It was either 

A. Dribble out the shot clock  and take an outside shot

or

B.  Take a contested shot early in the shot clock and not look for an open man

Really guys, watch the tape again,  all the Cavs did was double team whoever had the ball! It was like 4th Grade basketball  where everyone runs to the ball. My coaches used to call it grenade basketball because if someone threw a grenade at the ballhandler  that it would kill everyone on the other team because they were all swarmed at the ball. For some reason it didnt click in their heads that a double team means that one person is wide open.

Offline Meangreen Machine

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
I have been a Celtic fan since 1969. I could not belive how poorly the team played and was coached. The Fleet center with empty seats is pathetic. I was a half season ticket holder for four years and stopped it just prior to the arrival of KG. Darn! Frankly, I have come to the conclusion that the NBA powers of be determine/influence who they want to win. It is all about marketing the NBA and specific players. It all about money,money,money. Someday, a referee will spill the beans and perhaps the game will go back to the way it was. Dave Cowens would have leveled LB on his but!!!!!