Author Topic: Best FA news I've heard in a while - a Western Conference team  (Read 7299 times)

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=930
The Houston Chronicle writes that "everything [the Rockets] hope to accomplish this offseason begins with the acquisition of [Chris] Bosh."

While Bosh would be a consolation prize for a team like the Knicks, Houston needs frontcourt depth and has made him their #1 priority. The Raptors still hold a few chips and a sign-and-trade might be inevitable, but all is speculation until the FA period begins.
I'd love to see a front line of Yao and Bosh and Ariza with Aaron Brooks at pg. I think this team as constructed will give the Fakers fits!

Re: Best FA news I've heard in a while - a Western Conference team
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 03:06:21 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Seems like the Rockets are going to go after Bosh pretty hard.

Since they'd have to get him via a sign and trade, who would Houston give up? Would Ariza need to be involved? I'm sure Toronto is going to want some value in return.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 03:08:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Since they'd have to get him via a sign and trade, who would Houston give up? Would Ariza need to be involved? I'm sure Toronto is going to want some value in return.
Sign and trade Luis Scola + one of Ariza or Battier + Jordan Hill or one of the Knicks lottery picks + Jared Jeffries contract

I think the package will be based around those four pieces. If Colangelo drives a hard bargain he might be able to get more ... but he doesn't have a lot of leverage so I wouldn't expect much beyond that.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I think Bosh is better off heading to Miami and playing alongside D-Wade.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 03:14:17 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Sign and trade Luis Scola + one of Ariza or Battier + Jordan Hill or one of the Knicks lottery picks + Jared Jeffries contract

I think the package will be based around those four pieces. If Colangelo drives a hard bargain he might be able to get more ... but he doesn't have a lot of leverage so I wouldn't expect much beyond that.

That trade makes Houston worse IMO. Then again I dont think much of Bosh's game.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 03:16:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Agreed, although wouldn't Miami put Amare ahead of Bosh on their list?

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 03:18:46 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

That trade makes Houston worse IMO. Then again I dont think much of Bosh's game.

I like Bosh, but I agree that trading Scola + Ariza + Hill for him isn't necessarily a big upgrade.

Would Scola agree to sign in Toronto?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 03:19:10 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Why would they do that, unless Amare were willing to play for less money?  Bosh is the better player, and has much fewer questions around him (physically, and attitude-wise).  

Amare, Boozer, and Johnson are the consolation prizes for those who miss out on Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Why would they do that, unless Amare were willing to play for less money?  Bosh is the better player, and has much fewer questions around him (physically, and attitude-wise).  

Amare, Boozer, and Johnson are the consolation prizes for those who miss out on Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

I think Amare's got more "star power": bigger splash for the Heat.

I actually think many would say Bosh belongs in that first group, and Amare in the 2nd. Not saying I agree with that sentiment.

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I like Bosh, but I agree that trading Scola + Ariza + Hill for him isn't necessarily a big upgrade.

I will join in, and say that is a bad deal for Houston.  

However, Scola, Hill, Jeffries contract, and say, the Knicks 2012 pick, might be pretty interesting.  They could also throw in someone like Lowry or Buddinger.

The other intriguing (although unlikely) scenario is using Yao as trade bait.  If Houston has given up on him, then that opens up a whole lot more interesting scenarios.

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 03:29:30 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I actually think many would say Bosh belongs in that first group, and Amare in the 2nd. Not saying I agree with that sentiment.

I really don't think there are a lot of people who feel that way.  He could change some opinions in these playoffs, but I think a lot of people look at Amare as damaged goods, and I think if he really was coveted, he would not still be on the Suns right now.

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

I think Scola would. Just a gut feeling with that organization's strong ties to international basketball.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Chris Sheridan is chatting right now about Bosh and other FA questions.

He mentions Washington as a possible dark-horse candidate for Bosh, citing Bosh's daughter's residency in the DC area as a factor.

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 03:34:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I really don't think there are a lot of people who feel that way.  He could change some opinions in these playoffs, but I think a lot of people look at Amare as damaged goods, and I think if he really was coveted, he would not still be on the Suns right now.

I agree with your assessment.  Also, are the Heat that desperate for fans that they'd sign the inferior player, just because it would give them bigger headlines in the short-term?

Bosh is younger, a better rebounder, and a better defender.  There are also fewer questions about his attitude.  I think, if given the opportunity to sign either, Miami would be foolish to sign Amare'.

He's not a bad consolation prize, though.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 03:39:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Scola will have a lot of options for the MLE but limited options at a higher contract given his age + production to date.

If Toronto is willing to pay Scola $8-9 million per annum, then Scola would likely be agreeable to the scenario.

------------------------------------------------------

Scola would be a BYC player in this sign and trade, right?

Scola + Jeffries + Andersen + Hill = $15-16 million

Scola + Battier + Jeffries + Hill = $20 million