Author Topic: 2010 NBA Playoffs  (Read 143395 times)

Re: 2010 NBA Playoffs
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2010, 01:15:49 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Impressive first half from the Blazers. I wasn't expecting much from them in this series without Roy, Oden and Przybilla but it looks like they can give Phoenix a serious test.

Andre Miller and LaMarcus Aldridge have negated most of Nash's and Amare's contributions. Marcus Camby has dominated the other big man spot. The starting wing players are fairly even and so too are the backup wings. An interesting matchup in the backup guard spots with free scorers Bayless + Barbosa and Dragic's all-round play. Phoenix has a good advantage on the backup big men slots.

Portland is only 6/7 deep though so their bench is going to be vulnerable in this series. Phoenix's bench has played well this season and should have a good advantage here.
Only going 7 deep is going to hurt them as the series goes on.

Portland needs to steal a game in these first two.

They might just steal a game. I haven't really been watching and didn't know Roy wasn't playing. What happened to him? And Camby just came up with a huge block. Good stuff from the Blazers.
Roy has a torn meniscus. He is finished for the year.
Bayless, Miller, and Camby have been fantastic.

I'm shocked I thought Phoenix would have the easiest time of all the top seeds.

This Portland team is a marvel. They take blow after blow and keep excelling.

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2010, 01:17:41 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Hahaha Camby.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2010, 01:18:02 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Marcus Camby is incredibly lucky the Suns missed that three.

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2010, 01:18:24 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
That's got to be the flop of the year by Nash ... wow, great acting there. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2010, 01:19:07 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Impressive first half from the Blazers. I wasn't expecting much from them in this series without Roy, Oden and Przybilla but it looks like they can give Phoenix a serious test.

Andre Miller and LaMarcus Aldridge have negated most of Nash's and Amare's contributions. Marcus Camby has dominated the other big man spot. The starting wing players are fairly even and so too are the backup wings. An interesting matchup in the backup guard spots with free scorers Bayless + Barbosa and Dragic's all-round play. Phoenix has a good advantage on the backup big men slots.

Portland is only 6/7 deep though so their bench is going to be vulnerable in this series. Phoenix's bench has played well this season and should have a good advantage here.

I think Portland will be okay if they are seven deep. If Bayless plays well.

If Bayless doesn't, and, they are only six deep? I think that would be a major problem for them.

I think those seven players allow all their perimeter players to stay fresh. Aldridge is comfortable playing 40 minutes a night and Camby is fine in the 32-36 range. And against Phoenix they can go small with Batum or Webster at the four against Frye. Another 5-10 minutes there. Juwan Howard, a poor player, should be able to do a passable job with the leftovers.

I think the seven players gives them just enough depth to pull it off.

« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2010, 01:22:48 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Wow, Amare has played like crap and they've made some really, really stupid decisions down the stretch.

Unbelievable.

I like the Blazers but I'm going to be really annoyed if they win the series because they have no chance at all of beating the Lakers.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2010, 01:24:10 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434

They might just steal a game. I haven't really been watching and didn't know Roy wasn't playing. What happened to him? And Camby just came up with a huge block. Good stuff from the Blazers.

Yeah, me too, I thought the Suns would have an easy series and by far the easiest in the West. The only one-sided series in the West. Boy, was I off the mark on that one ...

Portland have been hugely impressive here. They are going to give Phoenix one heck of a series.

« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I think Portland will be fine if they are seven deep. If Bayless plays well.

If Bayless doesn't, and, they are only six deep? I think that would be a major problem for them.
TPortland has a couple of players I don't trust, Bayless being the biggest question mark.

Having such a short rotation and talent gap requires all 7 contribute.

« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2010, 01:26:15 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Yeah, me too, I thought the Suns would have an easy series and by far the easiest in the West. The only one-sided series in the West. Boy, was I off the mark on that one ...

Portland have been hugely impressive here. They are going to give Phoenix one heck of a series.

Yeah, Blazers / Suns might be the Bulls / Celtics of this year's playoffs.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2010, 01:26:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Yikes, one possession game.

« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2010, 01:29:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Wow I really thought Nash was going to sink that.

« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2010, 01:29:36 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wow ... it's like Portland was trying to give this away ... incredible choking. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2010, 01:29:59 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
omg why.... 3 seconds left why do you take a shot 5 feet behind the line?

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2010, 01:30:12 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
What a choke job by both teams here. That last shot by Nash was awful.

« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2010, 01:31:10 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
Unbelievable.  This one is on the Suns.  The Blazers gave them every opportunity and they couldn't win it.  

Amare totally let his team down and the Gentry either didn't control his team late or didn't tell them to make smart decisions....way too many quick 3's late in the game trying to come back.

Suns should still win this series but they're going to have to come out and play with some intensity the rest of the series.  Amare is going to have to step up and actually play like a star...the Blazers shouldn't be able to stop him.

Hopefully this adversity will fire up the Suns.

- Doc Rivers