Author Topic: KG Said It Best:  (Read 17448 times)

Re: KG Said It Best:
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2010, 11:30:36 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I love Tommy. I love having a commentator that has always been a part of the Celtics and thinks the Celtics should never lose or do anything wrong. How can you not like that? I feel like a lot of people don't like Dickerson too but the guy is like a kid in a candy store when he is covering the Celts. I don't know how anyone can not like these guys for being absolute homers.

When it comes to Tommy though I'm pretty sure that people who have watched him for years know what is coming when they watch a game with him. I actually try hard to disagree with him even if I think he is making the right call just cause I know how often he just says stuff to say it.  I never blame games on the ref's and I don't blame this one on the ref's. The fact is that so many calls went against the C's that at the very least were very questionable and this caused the game to be a 1 to 2 possession game down to the wire and which ever team happened to make 1 or 2 shots was going to win it.

If Jeff green missed those shots we are still absolutely talking about how bad that game was refereed. Even the guys who don't admit it now, if we won, they would even admit it. It's just cause the Celtics haven't been rolling over teams this year, and they just had a stinker against the Spurs that people are acting like they didn't deserve to win this game and that the refs were abysmal.

« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2010, 11:37:01 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I remember a point in Bird's career where is pat'd pump fake, foul, fall away jumper for 3 out of the blue was no longer fouls.  Again its another stern/nba/ref thing but he ALWAYS got that call as he should of since it was a foul.  He suddenly no longer got the call for an unknown reason, again this wasn't a single time, the entire move/foul call stopped.  I truly feel that someone in the media needs to go after the system.  bryant gumble?
In his book, Tim Donaghy talks about how on a regular basis, refs would get videos and memos before games that would point out a move made by a particular player or team and tell them to be on the look out for it and to clamp down on it.  Or maybe a move not to call like LeBron's crab dribble.  But that would explain why suddenly something that was always called now isn't called. 

It's like in the NFL when a bunch of coaches said "Hey, Randy Moss is pushing off you better call that!" Then all the sudden he was called for it constantly even though most players do it ALL the time.

You might have also noticed: they've taken away KG's dream-shake fadeaway. He's not allowed to do it anymore, period. Despite the fact that it was legal for twelve years and he did it every game, its now supposedly a travel. That's according to these refs, David stern and their mutually idiotic standards and ideas. God I hate stupid people.
Because KG travels all the time on that. I don't know if he didn't shuffle his feet when he was younger, but those are really easy call right now. Nothing objectionable there.

I've never seen a replay of him doing that move where they zoomed in on the feet. I don't think he travels. Also, if he does, then I still take issue with the switch from non-call to travel because of the lack of consistency. If (hypothetically) he was always traveling then they always should have called it like it was traveling.

I am extremely confused by this as well. Was he always travelling back in the day when he was doing a move like that? I would like a better replay of it too. I feel like he has such long and skinny legs and he moves quick that it just looks like he is travelling. I don't think it looks obvious when he travels. I think it's obvious when the officials are going to call him for a travel as soon as he goes into his shimmy.

Also unless it's a bad travel I really find it baffling that so many guys, mainly Lebron, can just run to the basket without dribbling. I mean KG isn't even taking that much advantage of his "travel"  it's like a contested fade away. Lebron can just fun from beyond the free throw line to the basket (and he is not allowed to be touched along the way)

« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2010, 07:19:01 PM »

Online Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • B's Up

Or ruined by homer announcers who present an obscenely one-sided homer view of every game.

Edit: Profanity

Billz401 - please read the posting rules thoroughly ... this is way over the line.

Edit: Inappropriate racial humor, not a good idea. Quit while you're ahead already -Fafnir
 Edited two posts in a single thread.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:47:23 PM by Fafnir »
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2010, 09:19:24 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Or ruined by homer announcers who present an obscenely one-sided homer view of every game.
Edit: Masked profanity

Billz401 - please read the posting rules thoroughly ... this is way over the line.

Edit: Inappropriate racial humor

dude you don't get it they'll actually ban you here. This isn't like the regular internet.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:46:58 PM by Fafnir »
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2010, 09:53:51 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I remember a point in Bird's career where is pat'd pump fake, foul, fall away jumper for 3 out of the blue was no longer fouls.  Again its another stern/nba/ref thing but he ALWAYS got that call as he should of since it was a foul.  He suddenly no longer got the call for an unknown reason, again this wasn't a single time, the entire move/foul call stopped.  I truly feel that someone in the media needs to go after the system.  bryant gumble?
In his book, Tim Donaghy talks about how on a regular basis, refs would get videos and memos before games that would point out a move made by a particular player or team and tell them to be on the look out for it and to clamp down on it.  Or maybe a move not to call like LeBron's crab dribble.  But that would explain why suddenly something that was always called now isn't called. 

It's like in the NFL when a bunch of coaches said "Hey, Randy Moss is pushing off you better call that!" Then all the sudden he was called for it constantly even though most players do it ALL the time.

You might have also noticed: they've taken away KG's dream-shake fadeaway. He's not allowed to do it anymore, period. Despite the fact that it was legal for twelve years and he did it every game, its now supposedly a travel. That's according to these refs, David stern and their mutually idiotic standards and ideas. God I hate stupid people.
Because KG travels all the time on that. I don't know if he didn't shuffle his feet when he was younger, but those are really easy call right now. Nothing objectionable there.

I've never seen a replay of him doing that move where they zoomed in on the feet. I don't think he travels. Also, if he does, then I still take issue with the switch from non-call to travel because of the lack of consistency. If (hypothetically) he was always traveling then they always should have called it like it was traveling.

I am extremely confused by this as well. Was he always travelling back in the day when he was doing a move like that? I would like a better replay of it too. I feel like he has such long and skinny legs and he moves quick that it just looks like he is travelling. I don't think it looks obvious when he travels. I think it's obvious when the officials are going to call him for a travel as soon as he goes into his shimmy.

Also unless it's a bad travel I really find it baffling that so many guys, mainly Lebron, can just run to the basket without dribbling. I mean KG isn't even taking that much advantage of his "travel"  it's like a contested fade away. Lebron can just fun from beyond the free throw line to the basket (and he is not allowed to be touched along the way)
When KG leans side to side really quickly doing his shake thing, he often alternately raises each foot off the floor. He needs to maintain at least maintain one pivot foot.

The biggest problem with that move is that all eyes are on him because the move is so deliberate. That makes it harder to get away with then players making a quick move to the lane.