Author Topic: Go after Stoudemire  (Read 12056 times)

Re: Go after Stoudemire
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 09:53:59 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Just picture this: 

Amare and Rondo running the fast break, with Pierce trailing at the 3pt line.  mmmmmmmmmm
That team would sure be fun to watch. However, defense wins championships.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 09:58:13 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1270

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 09:59:48 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Just picture this: 

Amare and Rondo running the fast break, with Pierce trailing at the 3pt line.  mmmmmmmmmm

I think being an all around good team wins championships.

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 10:11:22 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Wow, Phoenix rejected Z, Hickson, Danny Green and a #1? Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.?

I forgot Cleveland had Danny Green. He is going to be good.

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 10:14:31 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Just picture this: 

I think being an all around good team wins championships.
Well Amare isn't an all around good player, he's a great offensive player who plays no defense.

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 10:15:53 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I think the deal is Amare and Richardson for Ray and Perk. It meets both teams needs.

Please Amare at the 4 and move KG to the 5 -- where he belongs in his old age. Sheed is there to throw a little more weight / gut at bigger centers.

Have you seen KG before?  He is NOT a Center!  He is barely a PF.....

No? You tell me what PFs in today's NBA Garnett can still defend. Then tell me what % of centers he can't defend. Then tell me what position he should be playing for the remainder of his career.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2010, 10:23:52 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Management would never ever ever sign off on taking on Richardsons contract.

Even if KG is not playing well it also doesn't make sense to have two Max players at the same position.

Amare plays some 5 in the uptempo Suns system but could not do it for us because we are more of a defensive team (and he doesn't play defense).

For those of you who would want to trade him and then move to an uptempo style, here are the problems.
1. Ray and Paul would both have heart attacks running all game long.
2. You can't change the teams system half way through the season and for that matter why would you want to (this system did yield a championship)
3. If you think KG looks old now, see what happens if we ran him all game like Phoenix does, my guess would be knee injury.

1) I said move KG to C.

2) KG's offensive play would not clog the middle for Amare ala Shaq;

3) Ray would be gone, obviously.

4) Our half-court offense is horrible, and it hurts Rondo's ability to be successful since it clogs the lane for him, and renders him a jump shooter.

If the style of play we currently use produces losses, and the style of play we would utilize increases the strengths of our three best players (rondo, pp and amare) not to mention richardson, why not do it? out of pride? forget that.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 10:41:13 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Even if KG is not playing well it also doesn't make sense to have two Max players at the same position.

Amare plays some 5 in the uptempo Suns system but could not do it for us because we are more of a defensive team (and he doesn't play defense).

For those of you who would want to trade him and then move to an uptempo style, here are the problems.
2. You can't change the teams system half way through the season and for that matter why would you want to (this system did yield a championship)
3. If you think KG looks old now, see what happens if we ran him all game like Phoenix does, my guess would be knee injury.

1) I said move KG to C.

4) Our half-court offense is horrible, and it hurts Rondo's ability to be successful since it clogs the lane for him, and renders him a jump shooter.

If the style of play we currently use produces losses, and the style of play we would utilize increases the strengths of our three best players (rondo, pp and amare) not to mention richardson, why not do it? out of pride? forget that.
1. KG would have problems guarding 5's. He used to be able to do it by out quicking the 5's, he has lost a step and would get dominated at that spot. He's not the same rebounder he used to be.

2. KG would not be on the court to clog the lane because he would be on crutches running in that system

3. You can't change an offensive system mid way through the season. Especially without changing the coach.

4. Our front office doesn't sign off on a long term max deal for Amare. If Ray comes back it's going to be at a discount next year. Amare would not. Not to mention that to get him we'd probably have to take on Richardson too. That's a ton more money.

5. The best recent up tempo team was the suns of a few years ago. All other contenders win via defense. We don't want a bad defensive 4 on our team.

Would it be fun to watch Rondo consistently run? Of course. Is it the path to another championship? probably not.

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 10:42:40 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Did you see the block by Amare on Marion at and above the rim last night?  About the best block I have EVER seen!!  Pretty good for a guy that CAN'T defend:-)))

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 10:49:11 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Did you see the block by Amare on Marion at and above the rim last night?  About the best block I have EVER seen!!  Pretty good for a guy that CAN'T defend:-)))
One block doesn't mean you're a good defender.

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 10:54:47 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

It's not that Amare can't defend, it's that he won't. 

He'd help our overall team talent but I don't think another big is what we need, much less a prima donna like Amare.  I also don't think Phoenix makes any deal we could agree to either.

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 10:56:29 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

1) I said move KG to C.

1. KG would have problems guarding 5's. He used to be able to do it by out quicking the 5's, he has lost a step and would get dominated at that spot. He's not the same rebounder he used to be.

2. KG would not be on the court to clog the lane because he would be on crutches running in that system

3. You can't change an offensive system mid way through the season. Especially without changing the coach.

4. Our front office doesn't sign off on a long term max deal for Amare. If Ray comes back it's going to be at a discount next year. Amare would not. Not to mention that to get him we'd probably have to take on Richardson too. That's a ton more money.

5. The best recent up tempo team was the suns of a few years ago. All other contenders win via defense. We don't want a bad defensive 4 on our team.

Would it be fun to watch Rondo consistently run? Of course. Is it the path to another championship? probably not.

I just disagree about how this team suddenly becomes the Suns because Amare is on it, and I also feel it's too much to suggest this team becomes poor defensively because Amare is on it. These stereotypes get taken too far.

Ray's a bad defender -- are the Cs poor defensively? No. But when teams are more atheltic (say, the Hawks) do the Cs struggle defensively? Imagine a match-up with the Hawks after this trade. Who is better equiped to win?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2010, 11:03:30 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Just picture this: 

Apparently you didn't hear what happened.  Amare made a quick athletic defensive rotation, and Rondo got the steal.  Then the fast break began.

Try ruining that image in my head. 

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2010, 11:09:19 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Just picture this: 

oh good i was worried but we arecstill #1 in defense so we're all set for this year.

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2010, 11:13:10 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Just picture this: 

oh good i was worried but we arecstill #1 in defense so we're all set for this year.

We are number one in defense because of what we did when we were winning games at the start of the season. Everyone who has watched a game recently knows this is no longer the case.

Amare would make us even worse on defense than we've shown in recent games.