Author Topic: Mavericks (26-13) at Celtics (27-11) 1/18  (Read 82716 times)

Re: Mavericks (26-13) at Celtics (27-11) 1/18
« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2010, 10:37:40 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61
Very dissapointing performance by the celts tonight.
I do think they have some holes to fix, other than just getting healthy, but no need to give up on this team yet.
We'll see what happens i guess...

« Reply #346 on: January 18, 2010, 10:37:50 PM »

Offline rayallen1934

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Wallace has been attrocious. Only fans with some knowledge will understand how bad this guy is.

He has taken three pointers at the worst times, he bricks them, the team doesnt get back because there like Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. are you doing.

His defense has been overrated so far. This guy is a joke, and i dont even want him on my team anymore.

« Reply #347 on: January 18, 2010, 10:38:14 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Why don't people understand that KG being out is the equivalent of Dwight, Kobe, or Lebron? People got spoiled by wins without him the past 2 years.

NOt even close unfortunately ---  Without KG the C's still have 2 hall of famers at least in the starting lineup.  The Lakers have none, the Magic have none and the Cavs have one in a washed up Shaq.  

Not even close...

Ahh, expected this kind of reaction from the negative patrol.

People that think basketball is only played on one side of the court....

Sorry dude, but equating KG to Kobe, LeBron, and Dwight is nothing short of blind homerism.

KG and D12 have been the best defensive players in the league for a few years, and that is glaringly obvious when you look at the off/on court defensive efficiency when looking at these 2. KG is also an elite offensive player that puts up great efficiency numbers on low usage.

He is also the heartbeat of the team that psyches up his own players and psyches out the other team.

You really think that Dwight is better than KG...?

they have enough without KG to win games like this at home.

« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2010, 10:38:48 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Seriously u know what the difference is this year from last without KG??? Sheed, he has brought all bad qualities to the team!! Laziness, no drive, and no consistency

How can you blame this on sheed when the entire team just doesn't deliver in the second half...?
did he infect the team or something...?
just don't see how you can blame this loss or boston's recent struggles on sheed...

By the way, right now he looks like the only celtic who still plays...

YES HE HAS INFECTED HIS TEAM WITH HIS ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sucks thats the difference from last year to this!

give it a rest. posting over and over that sheed is single handedly responsible for the teams struggle does not make it true or any less foolish. have you watched 'sheed throughout his career? the things you are saying are absurd.

haha really?? how about the jailblazers?? this guy gets credit because he behaved for a half of a year with the pistons.. what else has he done in his career?? he hasnt played well in three years

if you think 'sheed was lazy, had no drive and was a scrub when he played on portland and detroit, as well as here, i'm sorry, we are on a different wavelength and view the game of basketball with entirely different eyes. he has always been a guy teammates love to play with, a team player, and not been how you label him. do you really think thats what his career has been? i'm flabbergasted i guess.

« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2010, 10:39:16 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
Seriously u know what the difference is this year from last without KG??? Sheed, he has brought all bad qualities to the team!! Laziness, no drive, and no consistency

How can you blame this on sheed when the entire team just doesn't deliver in the second half...?
just don't see how you can blame this loss or boston's recent struggles on sheed...

YES HE HAS INFECTED HIS TEAM WITH HIS ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sucks thats the difference from last year to this!

Who's that guy who scored the last couple buckets for the celts...?

Wallace sucks

Am i the only one who thinks it's weird to hate so much on a guy that plays for the very team your rooting for...?

« Reply #350 on: January 18, 2010, 10:40:09 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
The funniest thing about this thread is how there is not a single post during the first half by the usual negative crowd, but during the second half the majority of the posts come from them.

There are no excuses for this loss, but people should at least be consistent, and not disappear when things are going well, only to bombard the thread when things turn south.

tp. it is absurd. only if you have something not nice to say, post it on celtics blog!

« Reply #351 on: January 18, 2010, 10:40:26 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford

give it a rest. posting over and over that sheed is single handedly responsible for the teams struggle does not make it true or any less foolish. have you watched 'sheed throughout his career? the things you are saying are absurd.

haha really?? how about the jailblazers?? this guy gets credit because he behaved for a half of a year with the pistons.. what else has he done in his career?? he hasnt played well in three years

if you think 'sheed was lazy, had no drive and was a scrub when he played on portland and detroit, as well as here, i'm sorry, we are on a different wavelength and view the game of basketball with entirely different eyes. he has always been a guy teammates love to play with, a team player, and not been how you label him. do you really think thats what his career has been? i'm flabbergasted i guess.

My thoughts exactly.

« Reply #352 on: January 18, 2010, 10:40:41 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I think the main problem is that KG is not playing.

The second reason is that these are not playoff games, and they are not games against Orlando, Cleveland, or LA.

In the long run, this might work out because we will have energy in the tank when it comes time for April-June.

The Defense has started tanking. The Lakers/Bobcats now share the title for best defensive team in the league...

« Reply #353 on: January 18, 2010, 10:40:58 PM »

Offline jadams5214

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Why don't people understand that KG being out is the equivalent of Dwight, Kobe, or Lebron? People got spoiled by wins without him the past 2 years.

NOt even close unfortunately ---  Without KG the C's still have 2 hall of famers at least in the starting lineup.  The Lakers have none, the Magic have none and the Cavs have one in a washed up Shaq.  

Not even close...

Ahh, expected this kind of reaction from the negative patrol.

People that think basketball is only played on one side of the court....

Sorry dude, but equating KG to Kobe, LeBron, and Dwight is nothing short of blind homerism.

KG and D12 have been the best defensive players in the league for a few years, and that is glaringly obvious when you look at the off/on court defensive efficiency when looking at these 2. KG is also an elite offensive player that puts up great efficiency numbers on low usage.

He is also the heartbeat of the team that psyches up his own players and psyches out the other team.

You really think that Dwight is better than KG...?

they have enough without KG to win games like this at home.

Exactly they won plenty of games last year without KG.  There have been defensive breakdowns sure but the C's have struggled in game with KG this year too.  Even in victories like against Minnesota where Pecherov lit up KG as did Al Harrington.  KG is nowhere near the defender he was even 2 years ago.

« Reply #354 on: January 18, 2010, 10:41:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Championships aren't won in Jan, people.

Not trying to make light of the loss, but I'm not worried here.

Been a Celtics Diehard way too long to count us out (29 yrs).

See you all in June.

« Reply #355 on: January 18, 2010, 10:41:55 PM »

Offline rayallen1934

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Who's that guy who scored the last couple buckets for the celts...?

Wallace sucks

Am i the only one who thinks it's weird to hate so much on a guy that plays for the very team your rooting for...?

i dont hate him , i hate his play. ITs been horrid. Hes only been here for one year. Already hes defying any team concept by having the most technicals, and making it seem like its ok thus having Perk do it himself.

So many times I see him brick threes and then the team goes into a "eh we dont care mode".

This guy is negetativity , if u dont see than ur blind

« Reply #356 on: January 18, 2010, 10:42:30 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think the main problem is that KG is not playing.

The second reason is that these are not playoff games, and they are not games against Orlando, Cleveland, or LA.

In the long run, this might work out because we will have energy in the tank when it comes time for April-June.

The Defense has started tanking. The Lakers/Bobcats now share the title for best defensive team in the league...

dallas has the second best record in the West...you have them at home after 3 days off....you should be fired up to play them

« Reply #357 on: January 18, 2010, 10:42:39 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74

See you all in June.
[/quote

i agree wholeheartedly with this statement but the disturbing and annoying part of this loss was the plain uninterested attitude in the second half

« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2010, 10:42:43 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

See you all in June.

TP. Best post in the thread.

« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2010, 10:43:48 PM »

Kiorrik

I blame Rondo for poor D and no drives tonight. It hurt us.

I can't believe I woke up to watch this slaughter and this pathetic effort by the C's in the second half. I was worried about a potential "Atlanta 2nd half at halftime and it happened - although the refs didn't play a role, the Mavs just destroyed the Celtics.

Already 7 losses at home this season... wow.

And another 41 minutes game for Ray in a loss. Great job Doc, he will be fresh come playoffs time.

Good night everybody.
Suffering through losses is part of the package when you root for a team ;) Shouldn't have to be like this, but it is!

I'm looking forward to the next game, this one was horrid indeed.

Also, I'm still not worried. Yes there's some issues right now. Yes we have injuries, yes we fail at third quarters right now.

What I think, is that we need more fire. Right now, we don't act like we're future champions. We act like we're not believing it. Seriously. I think the heart has gone out for some reason. The skill is there, we've seen it for several quarters a game. However, we fail at third quarters lately, and I have 0 clue why. Maybe Doc needs to do something different. Maybe the players need to turn it on. Maybe we need Rondo to step up and start focusing on getting the team back on track. We need aggressiveness. We look passive, flat-lined at times.

No matter how negative-focused person you are, you have to admit that we *do* have the skills. The players we need are there, but there's something else missing.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm telling you I'm looking forward to KG being back, putting some fire back into the game.