Author Topic: Mavericks (26-13) at Celtics (27-11) 1/18  (Read 82733 times)

Re: Mavericks (26-13) at Celtics (27-11) 1/18
« Reply #315 on: January 18, 2010, 10:26:44 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Feed Rasheed.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #316 on: January 18, 2010, 10:26:58 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
again...what is the lowest seed boston can be if they win the atlantic??

3. Do you get a kick out of being negative?

how is that negative?

« Reply #317 on: January 18, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61
Seriously u know what the difference is this year from last without KG??? Sheed, he has brought all bad qualities to the team!! Laziness, no drive, and no consistency

How can you blame this on sheed when the entire team just doesn't deliver in the second half...?
did he infect the team or something...?
just don't see how you can blame this loss or boston's recent struggles on sheed...

By the way, right now he looks like the only celtic who still plays...
him and ray...

« Reply #318 on: January 18, 2010, 10:27:10 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Why don't people understand that KG being out is the equivalent of Dwight, Kobe, or Lebron? People got spoiled by wins without him the past 2 years.

« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2010, 10:28:14 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Meh.  I'm starting to wonder if the first couple months of the season were just a big tease.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2010, 10:28:20 PM »

Kiorrik

Right, back from slight afk-land. Working on a design while watching the game.

Not getting any happier though. Darnit. Come on C's, close this out properly with a W. We won 2 quarters, let's win a third one along with the game.

Kiorrik please enlighten us with some positivity it's needed right about now.  After 3 days off to see the C's being embarrassed in this fashion against a tired Dallas team is shocking.  All of the points Orlando, myself and a few others have been bringing up these last couple weeks under much criticism here have all come to fruition.  Every single one of them is now painfully evident.
Hard to tell sarcasm from honest questions on the net. If you want positivity; go read the first half comments when you were miraculously absent.

Do you show up when games go bad or do games go bad when you show up? :p Jinxer!

I posted at halftime about the C's solid effort actually --- you didn't address the issue of the post though seriously.  

The C's are no more injured than many teams.  KG is great no doubt, Daniels is a mid level bench player.  The fatigue that has been talked about here over the last couple weeks in numerous losses is not a factor tonight.  It's actually the Mavs who have lost 3 of 4 and are playing the 2nd game of a road back to back.

it's just funny to me how posters here use the excuses for the Celtics losing --- but when it's another team facing those same obstacles and winning the same logic doesn't apply.  It's OK to be critical when a team has 3 days off, plays a nice first half then totally collapses in the second half AGAIN at home.  There is no other logical reaction to that kind of performance.
Excuses is what you get when you come with the bad. If you'd brought the good, I'd brought the bad. That's the way I post. Anyway, there *are* some excuses, but we're also playing ridiculously bad. I will never deny it when we play like poo.

« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2010, 10:28:27 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
Seriously u know what the difference is this year from last without KG??? Sheed, he has brought all bad qualities to the team!! Laziness, no drive, and no consistency

How can you blame this on sheed when the entire team just doesn't deliver in the second half...?
just don't see how you can blame this loss or boston's recent struggles on sheed...

YES HE HAS INFECTED HIS TEAM WITH HIS ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sucks thats the difference from last year to this!

« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Why don't people understand that KG being out is the equivalent of Dwight, Kobe, or Lebron? People got spoiled by wins without him the past 2 years.

KG can shut down Dirk. It would have been a different game.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #323 on: January 18, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Seriously?  I love KG but he is not a top 5 player in the league, which is what you're insinuating.

I'm sorry, but no team with Rondo, Perk, Pierce, Allen, and Sheed - even with some nagging injuries - should be barely scraping .500 in the last month or so (I'm not sure they're even at .500....)

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #324 on: January 18, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC

oh come...he is not on that level...boston has a pretty good record the last 2 years without him...and they won a playoff series and took the eastern conf champs to 7 games without him last season. he is a gerat player....but boston has plenty of talent this season to win games like this one...esp when they were up double digits. there is no excuse for the second half effort tonight.

« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2010, 10:30:00 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61

YES HE HAS INFECTED HIS TEAM WITH HIS ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sucks thats the difference from last year to this!

OK, i give up trying to get a real answer...
I don't have to understand everything i guess.
Moving on...  :-X

« Reply #326 on: January 18, 2010, 10:30:13 PM »

Offline jadams5214

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

NOt even close unfortunately ---  Without KG the C's still have 2 hall of famers at least in the starting lineup.  The Lakers have none, the Magic have none and the Cavs have one in a washed up Shaq.  

Not even close...

« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2010, 10:31:05 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
This team has no heart right now.  No heart.  This is not a team I want to watch.  Watching the Celtics off and on for the last month has made me sorry to be a Celtics fan.

Just an awful time for Boston sports right now.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2010, 10:31:22 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

NOt even close unfortunately ---  Without KG the C's still have 2 hall of famers at least in the starting lineup.  The Lakers have none, the Magic have none and the Cavs have one in a washed up Shaq.  

Not even close...

Ahh, expected this kind of reaction from the negative patrol.

People that think basketball is only played on one side of the court....

« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2010, 10:31:45 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Right, back from slight afk-land. Working on a design while watching the game.

Not getting any happier though. Darnit. Come on C's, close this out properly with a W. We won 2 quarters, let's win a third one along with the game.

Kiorrik please enlighten us with some positivity it's needed right about now.  After 3 days off to see the C's being embarrassed in this fashion against a tired Dallas team is shocking.  All of the points Orlando, myself and a few others have been bringing up these last couple weeks under much criticism here have all come to fruition.  Every single one of them is now painfully evident.
Hard to tell sarcasm from honest questions on the net. If you want positivity; go read the first half comments when you were miraculously absent.

Do you show up when games go bad or do games go bad when you show up? :p Jinxer!

I posted at halftime about the C's solid effort actually --- you didn't address the issue of the post though seriously.  

The C's are no more injured than many teams.  KG is great no doubt, Daniels is a mid level bench player.  The fatigue that has been talked about here over the last couple weeks in numerous losses is not a factor tonight.  It's actually the Mavs who have lost 3 of 4 and are playing the 2nd game of a road back to back.

it's just funny to me how posters here use the excuses for the Celtics losing --- but when it's another team facing those same obstacles and winning the same logic doesn't apply.  It's OK to be critical when a team has 3 days off, plays a nice first half then totally collapses in the second half AGAIN at home.  There is no other logical reaction to that kind of performance.

...yeah followed by "but the C's should be up by more points."
You can't say anything positive without following it with something negative.