Author Topic: Celtics (23-7) at Suns (20-12) 12/30  (Read 54865 times)

Re: Celtics (23-7) at Suns (20-12) 12/30
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2009, 11:14:53 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 740
  • MASTER OF PANIC
cash in scal, giddens and walker for a PG or wing player....those 3 ADD ZERO to this team

« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2009, 11:15:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398
i will be happy when danny ainge decided to get off his butt and go get a complete bench that can contribute and withstand some injuries...they knew daniels was paper when they got him...they knew giddens/walker are practice players....they knew they didnt have a legit #2 pg...they knew scal is WORTHLESS and they knew williams was a bust. sheed had some promise but just doesnt care and baby broke his hand....they bench still is a weakness because it is oft injured and full of scrubs

I only disagree on Williams. I think he is a decent bench big, but seems to have fallen out of favor.

« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2009, 11:15:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't mind the blowout but I can't watch the game anymore because Doc has put Rondo back in the game when it's obvious he is in PAIN, and he keeps Ray and Sheed in the game. What is he trying to do?!

Win a basketball game. It's his freaking job. Everybody has already got your point. If they don't make a run early in the 4th, there'll be plenty of garbage time to watch the scrubs, so quit the drama.

Do you really think you increase your chances of winning this game by overplaying the starters
when they let Frye shoot wide open 3's all night long?

No, you just increase your chances of injuring your key players and thus losing more games during the season. Not a good strategy.

Nobody has been overplayed so far and only Ray will in the case if they make a huge run in the next minutes. Rondo play 26 minutes in 3 quarters.

Answering your question: Yes. I'm sure it's the only way of winning the game is playing the remaining starters, especially for a team decimated with injuries.

You were asking Doc to play 3 quarters of garbage time. That's just nonsensical. It'd kill the spirit of the team and be disrespectful to the Suns, the league, the fans and the game.

Oh really? 35 minutes of Ray Allen as the main offensive option in a blowout is not overplaying? After back to back nights of 38 and 40 minutes? Don't forget the 32 minutes of Rondo when the guy is playing injured.
I don't consider that overplaying even in the least. They get paid to play and win. It wasn't over until down 20 with 6 minutes left. The fact that Rondo and Ray played below their season averages, to me, signifies no overplaying.

« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2009, 11:15:26 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
Not a great night for ray ray, in terms of vets raising their game. or rasheed
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2009, 11:15:42 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I don't mind the blowout but I can't watch the game anymore because Doc has put Rondo back in the game when it's obvious he is in PAIN, and he keeps Ray and Sheed in the game. What is he trying to do?!

Win a basketball game. It's his freaking job. Everybody has already got your point. If they don't make a run early in the 4th, there'll be plenty of garbage time to watch the scrubs, so quit the drama.

Do you really think you increase your chances of winning this game by overplaying the starters
when they let Frye shoot wide open 3's all night long?

No, you just increase your chances of injuring your key players and thus losing more games during the season. Not a good strategy.

Nobody has been overplayed so far and only Ray will in the case if they make a huge run in the next minutes. Rondo play 26 minutes in 3 quarters.

Answering your question: Yes. I'm sure it's the only way of winning the game is playing the remaining starters, especially for a team decimated with injuries.

You were asking Doc to play 3 quarters of garbage time. That's just nonsensical. It'd kill the spirit of the team and be disrespectful to the Suns, the league, the fans and the game.

Oh really? 35 minutes of Ray Allen as the main offensive option in a blowout is not overplaying? After back to back nights of 38 and 40 minutes? Don't forget the 32 minutes of Rondo when the guy is playing injured.

No, 35 minutes of Ray Allen is not overplaying, even less considering that the team is so affected by injuries. And lots of NBA players are playing injured every night.

« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2009, 11:16:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
cash in scal, giddens and walker for a PG or wing player....those 3 ADD ZERO to this team

Umm doesn't something have to have value to be cashed in? Can I cash in my Antoine Walker rookie cards somewhere?

« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2009, 11:16:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i will be happy when danny ainge decided to get off his butt and go get a complete bench that can contribute and withstand some injuries...they knew daniels was paper when they got him...they knew giddens/walker are practice players....they knew they didnt have a legit #2 pg...they knew scal is WORTHLESS and they knew williams was a bust. sheed had some promise but just doesnt care and baby broke his hand....they bench still is a weakness because it is oft injured and full of scrubs

I only disagree on Williams. I think he is a decent bench big, but seems to have fallen out of favor.

he can't get minutes with baby still out!! i dont understand why danny and doc dont see they dont have enough esp with how injured this team seems to be

« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2009, 11:16:33 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Horrible game right here, but it's hard to do anything when you're down 2 starters AND two bench players.

« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2009, 11:17:09 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Amazing.

« Reply #219 on: December 30, 2009, 11:17:30 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Umm doesn't something have to have value to be cashed in? Can I cash in my Antoine Walker rookie cards somewhere?

scal has an expiring contract....giddens has no option and walker is cheap...for a team looking to fire sale...that could be a nice deal....heck throw in tony allen

« Reply #220 on: December 30, 2009, 11:18:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
Im sure that will get williams out of the dog house  ::)

« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2009, 11:18:24 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Eddie's 5-7 from downtown is a bright spot, thought, why Eddie, why in a blowout...

Eddie always shoots great in blowouts.

No offense guys but, do you know Statler and Waldorf?

But yeh, too bad. Thing is though: Eddie's getting *his* looks, taking *his* shots finally. No dribbling + scoring, we actually look like we have plays for him right now.

Exactly.
House isn't forced to run the offense, they had him WITH Rondo which allowed him to go to his spots. That makes all the difference.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »

Kiorrik

Im sure that will get williams out of the dog house  ::)
lol :]

Oh look, it's walker! And there's three and a half minutes for him!

« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2009, 11:21:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
The only reason I am watching right now is to see walker do an amazing dunk and then make eye contact with rivers.

« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2009, 11:21:47 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 763

I don't think Ray and Rondo like each other at all. This goes all the way back to 2007 and spilled out in the Christmas game last year. At the Comcast pre-season media luncheon in 07, Ray made some comments about how important it was for Rondo to find him in the places he likes to shoot the ball. Not that that's a bad thing in itself, but he didn't say anything about what he would do to reciprocate as a teammate to help Rondo's game. He said he approached Rondo in pre-season workouts to give him advice about how to get him the ball in stride, etc. It totally came across as me-first.

that's not a "me first" attitude. that's ray allen trying to teach rondo how to help the team by properly delivering the ball to the teams' best shooter. rondo's job is to get the ball to the scorers.

this isn't high school.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce