Author Topic: Kanye West: The New King of Pop (if he doesn't say so himself)  (Read 7238 times)

Re: Kanye West: The New King of Pop (if he doesn't say so himself)
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 05:42:56 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
i think west has fallen off..i liked his stuff he did with Slum Village and Little Brother...the stuff he did from the jump for me was better..he has gotten to mainstream for me...robbin t pain style and stuff like that....

i think he peaked right after his stuff with blackstar, those were some killer tracks.

Get by might be one of my favorite songs in recent memory.

any song that has mos, k, jigga, kanye and busta on it is always going to be good, that track was stunning.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 05:10:55 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
As good and talented as he is, he needs to tone down his ego. OK, he didn't say this, however, his ego is still epic and often enough makes him look stupid.

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 08:08:03 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Though as big as his ego is, I may have to agree that he is the king of pop right now.  I'd have to say he's one of the most popular names in music today and he does have a great deal of talent to back it up.
do it

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 08:15:16 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I can see where he people are coming from on this but would you say that he does pop?  I think even though he has done some crossover stuff he is still a rap guy.  Also I think the new, "Prince," of pop(Michael will always be the king,"  Is Justin Timberlake.  The guy possesses the same talents of singing/dancing/performing that michael did and is even starting to do the crossovers.  Michael did crossovers with adding rock into his pop songs, and JT is doing the same thing by appearing in rap songs and adding rap portions to some of his stuff
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 09:06:08 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I can see where he people are coming from on this but would you say that he does pop?  I think even though he has done some crossover stuff he is still a rap guy.  Also I think the new, "Prince," of pop(Michael will always be the king,"  Is Justin Timberlake.  The guy possesses the same talents of singing/dancing/performing that michael did and is even starting to do the crossovers.  Michael did crossovers with adding rock into his pop songs, and JT is doing the same thing by appearing in rap songs and adding rap portions to some of his stuff

I have to agree to some point.  JT does have the singing, dancing, and the creativity of Michael Jackson (as in coming out with some fresh and unique beats and sounds).  However, I believe that he has followed the same blueprint as MJ too much.  He started in a boy band, went on his own.  However, the singing (high pitch) and some of the beat, and the dancing, a lot of it is a lot like MJ.  I respect him for trying new things, and I give him credit for going on well for so long.  But I believe he still needs to move away from the MJ genre and create his own (like MJ did).

Also, I believe that the biggest star right now is Madonna.  I dont think she was as creative as MJ, but she needs credit for keep coming up with big hits for so long.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 09:13:23 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I have to agree to some point.  JT does have the singing, dancing, and the creativity of Michael Jackson (as in coming out with some fresh and unique beats and sounds).  However, I believe that he has followed the same blueprint as MJ too much.  He started in a boy band, went on his own.  However, the singing (high pitch) and some of the beat, and the dancing, a lot of it is a lot like MJ.  I respect him for trying new things, and I give him credit for going on well for so long.  But I believe he still needs to move away from the MJ genre and create his own (like MJ did).

Also, I believe that the biggest star right now is Madonna.  I dont think she was as creative as MJ, but she needs credit for keep coming up with big hits for so long.

She is another example of somebody JT worked with
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 03:56:55 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
This is coming from the guy that thinks he should also be in the bible. God, and we thought Marbury's crazy...
I'm a fan on Kanye, not so much his last album but god can someone give this dude some humble pie?

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 04:09:36 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
This is coming from the guy that thinks he should also be in the bible. God, and we thought Marbury's crazy...
I'm a fan on Kanye, not so much his last album but god can someone give this dude some humble pie?

he didn't say it....
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 04:12:12 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
kanye needs to focus on putting together a better record...his last one was awful

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
i think west has fallen off..i liked his stuff he did with Slum Village and Little Brother...the stuff he did from the jump for me was better..he has gotten to mainstream for me...robbin t pain style and stuff like that....

i think he peaked right after his stuff with blackstar, those were some killer tracks.

any song that has mos, k, jigga, kanye and busta on it is always going to be good, that track was stunning.

No doubt.  Get by remix was even better than the original in my opinion.  "We sell crack to our own out in back of our homes"
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 04:31:39 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

What Blackstar stuff? Kanye didn't produce anything off that album.

PS, anyone else going to the Blackstar show at House of Blues next month? I'm freakin' stoked.

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 04:59:04 PM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
shouldn't a king of pop music not be tonedeaf - this guy cant sing worth sht