Author Topic: Goodbye Ronaldo  (Read 17500 times)

Re: Goodbye Ronaldo
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 03:41:59 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I didn`t try to change anyones mind. I thought that the figures where more than impressive and some other (like Perez`s personal fortune) were new to me at least.

Is this the way to build a team ? Although i don`t like it much the answer is yes. Chelsea does it , Inter does , Shahtar Donetsk does it. To only thing that changes is the owner`s wallet size.

Is it unethical? No. Or at least not more unethical than lets say lure 13-14 year old kids from africa or south america and their families with promises for big contracts in europe and start a new kind of "slavery"?

What i disagree is this
And why is Real the only club able to pull this off?

The question should be Why is Perez the only president that can pull this. Cause Real without Perez pays more reasonalbe ammounts.

IMHO for two reasons.
First because Perez is an extremely gifted man with great vision.
Seconldy because like every tycoon he has the ability to influence the state to his favour.
MOst know about the sale of the training facilities for a huge amount of money.What is not known is that Perez`s company then got a deal to build in the place of the training ground 4 huge skyscrapers with not very clear proccedures

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »

Offline cmbvale

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'd like to see United use the money to get a world class central midfielder. Any ideas on possible targets?

I don't think they're going to be able to replace Ronaldo, I just don't see that caliber of wing being available. Better to sign a very good wing like Valencia and/or Silva, and sign a world class player at another position.

I'd love us to now sign Joao Moutinho and Miguel Veloso, both outstanding young midfielders. Moutinho will one day be a world class player.

Totally agree with you on Moutinho. Veloso not so much. I've been hoping for Man U to sign Moutinho for years, maybe this is the year.

Veloso is way overrated.

I see Veloso as a young guy with a lot of potential. If Hargreaves can't come back, then he'd be a very capable replacement who could one day be one of the top DM's in the world. Moutinho has the potential to be an absolute superstar. He's a must in my opinion.

He has the talent. The problem is he seems to think that the talent is enough. All season long is coach complained he simply doesn't work in practice and is more worried in appearing in fashion shows. If he gets is head straight maybe, but i doubt that.

Plus, him and Nani on the same team looks like a very dangerous combination, and not in a good way.

And he speaks of himself in the third person, but that just annoys the hell out of me.
Some want to be like Mike, i wanted to be like Ryan.

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
This sums up Christina Ronaldo in one fell swoop:

From Goal.com:

"The newest Galactico, Cristiano Ronaldo, has revealed he had to quit Manchester United as he feared serious injury if he didn't. Ronaldo cited the rough physical nature of the Premier League as one of the factors that convinced him to join the free-spending Spanish giants."

Everyone knew this was why he was leaving.  The money was nice, but he did not like the physical play of the EPL. 

Wait till some of the English teams face him in the Champions League.  Wouldn't it be interesting to see Man-U/Real Madrid matchup with Vidic on him.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I wont lie, I was very disappointed to see this:

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 01:06:34 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
In his defense he said it was his childhood dream to play for Real.

In realism`s defense it was expected. Players have absolutely no emotional connection to the team they play for with very few exceptions(i can`t believe that Raul or Puyol or Giggs would have done this!)

I`m sure that if he goes to Barcelona he `ll to the same.

That`s why i don`t like when fans sing songs about players.