Author Topic: Rondo's Immaturity  (Read 3415 times)

Re: Rondo's Immaturity
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 01:36:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rondo is frustrated. He is not a rookie that needs to just eat up his frustrating and not show it no more

Rondo's issues are Howard clogging the middle with perk inability to pull him out of the paint, his jumpers not going in and lastly fearing getting blocking lobbing the ball wildly at the basket

If doc doesn't change things up Rondo will be useless in this series and he might as well play marbury more

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 02:05:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rondo is frustrated. He is not a rookie that needs to just eat up his frustrating and not show it no more

Rondo's issues are Howard clogging the middle with perk inability to pull him out of the paint, his jumpers not going in and lastly fearing getting blocking lobbing the ball wildly at the basket

If doc doesn't change things up Rondo will be useless in this series and he might as well play marbury more

I agree... he'll just put up a useless 14 points, 8 assists and 10 rebounds and 3 steals every night.  Useless!

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 02:26:06 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Yes, he is an unbelievable talent. But lately he is doing things that are at best, immature and a little strange. According to the broadcast, he showed up to the Garden last night less than an hour before tip-off. If that is true, it is worthy of a fine.  On at least two occasions, Doc said that Rondo did not feel well in the game because he ate some spicy food in the locker room. Rajon, what are you thinking?? And some of his antics on the court are starting to irritate me. I have no problem with the hard foul on Miller. He now seems to complain on virtually every call against him. That was so unlike how he has played in the past. He usually had a cool veneer.  Something has gotten to this kid. I think he has been reading his press clippings lately, and his ego is getting inflated. Don't know what else to make of it.  I still love him as our PG. He is an incredible talent. But that does not make him immune from criticism.
Rondo is definitely a difficult personality and it will be interesting to see how stardom treats him. He didn't seem to handle it that well in college.

At least he takes the game seriously. I'd rather have a guy who takes himself too seriously than a slacker who never reaches his potential.

I forget where I read/heard it, but during his rookie year, Rondo would continually make passes to teammates they couldn't catch and get mad at them; at one point Doc pulled him aside and said "your teammates hate playing with you" - now Rondo has a big ego, and Doc saying that to him may have upset him at first, but look at how much better he became last year and this year - yes its been a bumpy few games, but lets look at the body of work before shipping him to the Grizzlies for Darko

When you love life, life loves you right back