Author Topic: Heroic and Rajon Rondo is unreal  (Read 5717 times)

Re: Heroic and Rajon Rondo is unreal
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 09:37:10 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Rondo has OFFICIALLY turned the corner.  He is now a bonafied star.  STAR, i tell you!!!! 

TP, agreed, he may have moved into the elite PG category with CP3 and Williams. I love Tony Parker but he is primarily a scorer, doesn't have the overall game that Rondo has.

Side note, it wouldn't surprise me if Rose moves into this category sooner than later.

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 09:39:01 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
rondo is in a league of his own right now

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 10:17:17 AM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Rondo has OFFICIALLY turned the corner.  He is now a bonafied star.  STAR, i tell you!!!! 

As much as I love the dude, he still plays very subpar on the road.  Let's see him get half the numbers he had on this homestand in Chicago, then we can all go bananas together.

Last year he was really pitiful in Cleveland and Atlanta.  And during the regular season this year, he's also been weaker away from Boston:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rajon_rondo/season_splits.html
(about half way down the page)

Don't get me wrong fellas, I love Rajon.  But before we annoint him as "The Savior", he needs to be a little more consistent no matter where he's playing.

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 10:56:13 AM »

Offline BirdNerd

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17

Last year he was really pitiful in Cleveland and Atlanta.  And during the regular season this year, he's also been weaker away from Boston:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rajon_rondo/season_splits.html
(about half way down the page)

Don't get me wrong fellas, I love Rajon.  But before we annoint him as "The Savior", he needs to be a little more consistent no matter where he's playing.
[/quote]

Great point.   His aggressiveness (or lack of) is evident on the road.   Not sure why.   

What's making Rondo an elite player is his rebounding, hustle plays, and X factor plays.  Now that his O is coming, he's really becoming the MAN.

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 11:18:24 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Get Rondo a PF with soft hands, finishes well, runs the floor, and rebounds, we'll be set for years.

you mean like a Kevin Garnett?

Yes, exactly like Garnett, but Rondo's age :D.

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 12:23:27 PM »

Offline slam

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22
Get Rondo a PF with soft hands, finishes well, runs the floor, and rebounds, we'll be set for years.

you mean like a Kevin Garnett?

Al Jefferson?

Yes, exactly like Garnett, but Rondo's age :D.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 578
Someone already asked, but no one has answered yet. Does anyone know Rondo's contract status? How much longer is he signed for?

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 03:37:28 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Someone already asked, but no one has answered yet. Does anyone know Rondo's contract status? How much longer is he signed for?
He's here until #9 is hanging from the rafters.  ;D

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 03:39:51 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
He's here until #9 is hanging from the rafters.  ;D

I hope so!! His rookie deal runs through summer 2010, then we can match any offer. I expect the C's to try to lock him up to an extension this summer though.

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 11:20:20 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Rondo was amazing. He showed up from the tip clearly in we are winning this game mode, played solid defense and put up incredible numbers on a hobbled ankle. Perk is supposed to be the beast but Rondo is quickly becoming a little beast himself. I love how he gets a man’s triple double. None of that wimpy 10-10-10 kind (I'm looking at you J-Kidd) so it doesn't if the front office decided to take away a rebound or two later  ;D
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.