Author Topic: What movies have you walked out of?  (Read 49635 times)

Re: What movies have you walked out of?
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2009, 01:34:32 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Never Walked out but have turned off a few DVD's

I think most of Jack Black's Movies, I try but just can't watch them. Tropic Thunder was good though. Robert Downey Jr. & Tom Cruise made that movie good.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
DARKNESS

I've seen crappy movies, I've seen low-budget movies, but this blows everything out of the water. In my opinion, this movie had no SOLID story, too many holes, and ended WAAAAAAAY TOO ABRUPTLY! At the end of the movie, myself and about 30-40 other people stayed in our seat, like "ARE YOU SERIOUS?". I wanted my money back, I only didnt ask because the people I was with were embarassed. I still want my $10.75 back.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:43:34 PM by EatSleepBreatheGreen »

« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2009, 01:36:55 PM »

Offline Cassidy122690

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
The only time I REALLY considered walking out was during "A.I."  The only reason I stayed was because I kept telling myself, "Kubrick is involved in this... it HAS to get better."  Never did.  Complete GAW-bage.
Out of Ireland have we come, great hatred, little room, maimed us at the start. I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic heart.  W.B. Yeats

« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2009, 01:44:18 PM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook
The only time I REALLY considered walking out was during "A.I."  The only reason I stayed was because I kept telling myself, "Kubrick is involved in this... it HAS to get better."  Never did.  Complete GAW-bage.
That movie WAS garbage and it won an Oscar!

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!

« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2009, 02:22:08 PM »

Offline help D

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I really only remember one and, looking back, it's painfully embarrassing to admit - on a few levels.

Spinal Tap

My high school friends were all 'rockers' and thought the movie was the dumbest movie ever about rock music. The satire whizzed over their buzzed heads. In a lame bit of peer pressure, I joined them in walking out of the movie.

« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2009, 02:24:55 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
I have free tickets to Transformers 2 at the IMAX but am afraid I'll walk out...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2009, 02:26:25 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I have free tickets to Transformers 2 at the IMAX but am afraid I'll walk out...

This might be a little off topic but does anyone else think IMAX is overrated? I watched Batman Begins on IMAX and found it utterly unwatchable. That's just way too much sensory overload. Either that, or I'm just a wimpy Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2009, 02:26:45 PM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook
Well the only reason people see that movie is because of Johnnyrondo Fox. It is awful if you're a female and don't want to see Johnnyrondo.

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!

« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2009, 02:28:08 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

Hook me up. I love seeing myself on the big screen.

« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2009, 02:33:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't walk out on movies.  I have too much respect for how much effort goes into them.  Even a movie that is total "crap" has a massive crew of people who dedicated a ton of time and energy into putting it together.  Out of respect I usually stay until the credits finish, actually... something I started doing after taking a film class in high school.

But if there was one movie I WANTED to walk out on ... it was "The Love Guru".  Worst movie ever.  I had been dating this girl at the time.  I had taken her to see "Wall-E" and she HATED it.  She ranted about how "boring" it was and how she would tell all her friends to avoid it.  I disagreed completely, but let her pick the next flick we went to.  She decided on "Love Guru" despite my reluctance (I had heard it sucked).   She spent the entire movie howling with laughter at how great it was.  Afterwards she said she was going to buy the DVD the day it came out.  She was serious.   There must be something wrong with her.  I haven't answered her calls since.

« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2009, 07:00:28 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561
The wife and I both liked Transformers (both of them).  Entertaining action movies and the second one is funnier than the first.

Watchmen was a pretty bad movie.  My wife took a very long bathroom break and she would have left altogether, but I just couldn't leave.  Something about being in a movie makes me want to see the end no matter how bad it is.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2011, 03:34:07 AM »

Offline megan8788

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
For me it is Macgruber. This movie made me bored very much..

« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2011, 06:14:42 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Bad Boys 2 And the Phantom Manace.

Both because i was getting disturbed by someone in the audiance while trying to watch it (it wasnt target at me, just drunk morons ruining a movie experience)
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2011, 06:27:02 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
"Last House On The Left" ... the original, back in 1972. I was a freshman in high school, and it was complete sickness, with absoluelty no redeeming value whatsoever. I couldn't believe someone actually took the time and money to make a movie like that. I recently saw the trailer for "Human Centipede", and it was even worse ... it looked like a good sci-fi/creature film ... not even close! No way I will watch that movie. Sick, sick, sick ... life is depressing enough without watching crap like that. What a waste of money ... to think of the good they could have done, and instead they create garbage like that. :P :P :P
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2011, 06:35:07 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Cronenberg`s Crash (1996)

This movie made me sick. I guess i`m  more puritan than i think.