Author Topic: Please don't TP me  (Read 14426 times)

Re: Please don't TP me
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 05:12:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Where does this influx of TP's come from?  That's what I want to know.  We can't keep printing TP's without them being backed by a solid foundation of standard material value.  If I had a bottle of rum and drank half... then filled it with water... technically I have a full bottle of rum, but it's all watered down and will now take twice as much to get drunk.   That's what I think of this TP crisis.  With each new "TP Handout" generated and distributed willy-nilly to the masses... the less value each TP has. 

We're doomed.  I speculate that we'll have an ubuntu meltdown within the next 3-4 months unless the TP situation is taken care of.

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 05:18:57 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Where does this influx of TP's come from?  That's what I want to know.  We can't keep printing TP's without them being backed by a solid foundation of standard material value.  If I had a bottle of rum and drank half... then filled it with water... technically I have a full bottle of rum, but it's all watered down and will now take twice as much to get drunk.   That's what I think of this TP crisis.  With each new "TP Handout" generated and distributed willy-nilly to the masses... the less value each TP has. 

We're doomed.  I speculate that we'll have an ubuntu meltdown within the next 3-4 months unless the TP situation is taken care of.

Well I'm willing to speculate. I feel that TPs will keep their value and likely will increase. Thus I'd be willing to buy.  ;D

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 05:20:58 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11860
  • Marcus Smart Fan!

If possible seek out a Lion with no courage, a tin man with no heart, a scarecrow with no brain, and a small little dog.

What do Odom, Gasol, Farmar, and Vujacic have to do with this discussion?

ROFL!!!   Too funny!   TP for the smile.... yes, Vujacic does remind me of a little dog.  A very irritating little dog. 

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 06:06:50 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

We keep printing Tommy Points like there's no tomorrow.  Too many Tommy Points chasing too few good posts, and we're going to have inflation.  The TPPI is now running at 20% year-over-year; if we don't get things under control, we're going to have hyperinflation a la Argentia, which means that only posts about Manu Ginoboli will have any value. 

With that said...

Brother, can you spare a TP?

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 06:09:11 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112

If possible seek out a Lion with no courage, a tin man with no heart, a scarecrow with no brain, and a small little dog.

What do Odom, Gasol, Farmar, and Vujacic have to do with this discussion?

WIN!  You get 1 interwebs.

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 06:15:57 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
SS, post something witty, clever and TP worthy directly below my please. ;D

Jsaad, haven't u gotten like 50 TP's today already. S Shorefan, you may post now (or else I'm giving u a TP) :P

ps Jsaad here's another TP for the wedding. Congrats.

HAHA! TP for pointing out my indulgence ! ;)

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 06:41:12 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
And, I am very happy to say that the TP I gave RAcker just put him into the 100 TP club!  Woohoo!  First time I ever got to do that. 
Thanks for the heads up on who put me over the top and for being that person.  TP back at ya.

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 06:42:11 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186

We keep printing Tommy Points like there's no tomorrow.  Too many Tommy Points chasing too few good posts, and we're going to have inflation.  The TPPI is now running at 20% year-over-year; if we don't get things under control, we're going to have hyperinflation a la Argentia, which means that only posts about Manu Ginoboli will have any value. 

With that said...

TP inflation!!  I can see John Stewart ripping us all on the Daily Show just like he did Kramer!
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 06:50:44 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown

Should I be taking a "Don't Blame Me" attitude?  Should we impose a TP moratorium and stop this trend of TP'ing like drunken sailors!  Are we just kidding ourselves about the value of the TP?  Are the TP traders down on Causway Street making inside deals and inflating the value?  Are there junk TP traders on Canal Street who are getting paid huge sums of TPs, while fully aware of the inevitable collapse?

Nahhhhhhh!!!!   

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 07:35:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

With that said...

At this rate the CelticBlog Tommypoint will be equal to the Myspace blog Kudo within the year.   Dark times ahead, folks. 

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Word on the street is that veteran investors are unloading their TPs, and are investing in the much more lucrative gold stars.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 07:43:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3779
  • Yup
Word on the street is that veteran investors are unloading their TPs, and are investing in the much more lucrative gold stars.

Of course I probably have at least one stars worth of posts dedicated to discussing TPs, counting TPs, noting that I've given a TP, begging for a TP etc...
Yup

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2009, 07:51:34 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown

WHAT!!!!  This is horrible!!  This isn't fair!!  Who voted for this? 

This is the Celticsblog equivalent to Animal Farm "All posters are created equal, some are just more equal than others."  The Golden Rule on Celtics Blog "He with the Gold Stars rules".  I won't stand for this!!! (of course if I didn't keep quitting in the mid 600's I'd have a few stars and I wouldn't be complaining) 

First I am left off the Celtics Blog hoops roster and now I and many others are stuck in the third class compartment while those with the gold stars dance on deck as our ship passes perilously close to the icebergs.   

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2009, 07:54:44 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Having not read the entire thread, let me suggest that Jeff institute a TP cap, with all posters over the cap forced to pay a luxury TP tax.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2009, 07:58:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3779
  • Yup
Having not read the entire thread, let me suggest that Jeff institute a TP cap, with all posters over the cap forced to pay a luxury TP tax.

Payable in TPs?
Yup