Author Topic: Manchester United: 12 consecutive clean sheets (shut outs)  (Read 11556 times)

Re: Manchester United: 12 consecutive clean sheets (shut outs)
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 06:06:10 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Glory, glory Man United!

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 06:31:51 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Yeah, impressive - a little less considering their giant budget. One should note some recent terrible news for ManU though: Scolari was fired. I expect Chelsea to improve by a lot in the future.

Still the old Scolari-hater, hm?  :P

I remember when you said Chelsea would regret the Scolari-signing, I guess you were right.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 08:31:39 AM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 15
Yeah, impressive - a little less considering their giant budget. One should note some recent terrible news for ManU though: Scolari was fired. I expect Chelsea to improve by a lot in the future.

Still the old Scolari-hater, hm?  :P

I remember when you said Chelsea would regret the Scolari-signing, I guess you were right.
I think Scolari was hung out to dry much too soon.  How can you put your full stamp on a team within 6 months?  Just ridiculous expectations for prem managers these days, even with the talent that chelsea has.  And this comes from a chelsea hater.  The mix of talent is just all wrong with that team right now.

Man Utd. are running away with the title.  And hopefully champs/carling/FA too.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 08:33:50 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Chelsea should have kept Scolari until the end of the season. As poor as he was, at least let him try to redeem himself.

As for having a giant budget, remind me of how much money United spent on defenders this past summer? Nothing is the answer. Give credit where it's due.

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 09:40:09 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Interesting, the run ended at 14 but Van Der Sar and Vidic (who played in all 14) didn't play in that 15th game. So Van Der Sar still has a chance of breaking the world record.

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 03:19:27 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
VDS finaly gave up goal ... and what a goal. The ball rolled out of his hands after an easy shot. What a way not to break a record ....

Anyway MU seems unbeaten at the moment

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 04:23:22 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
VDS finaly gave up goal ... and what a goal. The ball rolled out of his hands after an easy shot. What a way not to break a record ....

Anyway MU seems unbeaten at the moment

Typical, it reminds me of Oliver Kahn in 2002 when he was unbelievable in the World Cup and then made a fatal error in the Final and Germany lost to Brazil. It's tough being a goal keeper because most people only remember the bad stuff.

As for United, they have won 12 straight in the league and haven't lost since early November. 7 point lead with a game in hand and Liverpool up next. Things are looking up.

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 05:16:24 AM »

Offline belgian c fan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
the greatest thing about him not breaking the record is that belgiums dany verlinden still holds it. Woehoe. I still love the chewing gum eating, bold fat lazy Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again.. Great great goalkeeper of my beloved club brugge. I thought, i mention it.

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 05:38:09 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I`ve bust my head since i`ve read the rocord holder but i can`t remmember Verlinden.... Did he have a beard or something ?

PS When does the champioship begins in belgium ? I plan on going to Brugge in August , i`d like to catch a game if possible...

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 10:39:17 AM »

Offline belgian c fan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
he didn't have a beard, nor does he has one now. The competition in belgium starts end of july, begin of august. But make sure you visit the right team of brugge. That is club, if you visit cercle, well, it's not the same level.
If you visit brugge, i can recommend you to drink a "gare", it's a great beer, and only available overthere.

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 06:12:50 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
There is only one team in Brugge and that`s Club Brugge  ;D