Author Topic: Lakers (38-9) at Celtics (41-9) 2/5  (Read 139908 times)

Re: Lakers (38-9) at Celtics (41-9) 2/5
« Reply #705 on: February 05, 2009, 11:31:31 PM »

Offline gkiteisscal

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
Was that a foul?

I don't think so.  Who was the foul on?  Gasol didn't touch him, and I don't think Fisher did, either.

There were plenty of missed calls, but the Celts had plenty of chances to win it, and executed terribly.

Still...

I`m not the kind of guy who moans about the officiating all the time, but this was a ridiculous screw job. It doesn`t matter that we should`ve won the game on our own, the refs clearly took that away from us.

Yeah, KG shouldn't have been fouled out, and he would have made a huge difference down the stretch.  Still, the thing that will stick with me is the terrible execution.

Close to 8 seconds at the end of regulation, and we can't get a shot off.

16 seconds at the end of overtime, and we can't get a shot off (since Ray's attempt barely constitutes a shot).

Those things are unacceptable.

YOU CAN't get a shot off when you are being fouled the whole play!!!!!!!!!

What about the first 13 seconds of that possession?

Also, I didn't see a foul, and I especially didn't see anything that NBA officials are going to call on the last play of a game.  You guys make it sound like Ray was being dragged down or something.  If there was contact, it was relatively minor.

Roy, did you not watch Fisher's hands during the replay. He had one of Ray's arms completely hook as he was trying to turn and explode into his shot.

No, I didn't see anything that bothered me that much, frankly.  There were a bunch of terrible calls, but I didn't think that was one of them. 

I agree Roy. At first I thought Gasol hit him but on the reply it was just a nice play.  Fish hooked him & Kobe probably would have gotten that call, but we would be screaming about that being a horrible call.  I'd rather a no-call touch foul than these phantom calls.  I just wish DS would let them keep it even.  But in the end ref's are ref's and you win by executing.

« Reply #706 on: February 05, 2009, 11:31:55 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
okay now im officially rooting for cleveland against them. then we must beat cleveland. i dunno but that makes me feel a lot better

Same here I think.  Lakers CANNOT go undefeated on this roadtrip.

« Reply #707 on: February 05, 2009, 11:32:31 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Let's stop b******* about the ****'
refs. Seriously, it makes us sound like
Lakers fans. That's probably the worst
thing a person could call you. Seriously!

okay now im officially rooting for cleveland against them. then we must beat cleveland. i dunno but that makes me feel a lot better

Cleveland has a shot at 41-0 at home.
Celts own the all-time record at 40-1.
I think we've got quite the dilemma
right there  ???

« Reply #708 on: February 05, 2009, 11:33:21 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133

Of course I'll root for Cleveland.  I'm not sure it's possible for me to root for the Lakers under any circumstances.  That probably goes for 90% of the rest of us too. 

« Reply #709 on: February 05, 2009, 11:33:25 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
I miss the NBA, I really do. This is a crock of doody.
The sheer number of non-calls was insane. Gasol hacking KG to death and no call. Not one.

This game was very winnable. Very. Ainge better get his wallet open because we need a big man and fast.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #710 on: February 05, 2009, 11:34:07 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 617
I am not going to say its the end of the world and they are that mcuh better. But we need a big off the bench that can score. BTW, my middle name is obvious >:(
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #711 on: February 05, 2009, 11:34:29 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

right there  ???

I'd rather kill myself than root for the Lakers, especially after this game...
GO CAVS!!!!!
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #712 on: February 05, 2009, 11:35:08 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I can't wait 'til playoffs. Regular season stinks. It bores me, too.  :-\
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #713 on: February 05, 2009, 11:35:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Wow, that was a magnificent game. Great battle from the two sides.

« Reply #714 on: February 05, 2009, 11:37:29 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

right there  ???

I'd rather kill myself than root for the Lakers, especially after this game...
GO CAVS!!!!!

Are you calling me a Laker Lover?!  ;D
Well, seriously, look up the definition
of "dilemma" and you'll see what I mean.

« Reply #715 on: February 05, 2009, 11:38:09 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Refs were okay. Anyone who saw Pau (or Fisher) fouling Ray on that last play is just imagining things. It didn't happen.

You apparently didn't watch.  He didn't get fouled shooting, but when he got the handoff from Baby, Fisher reached across his body forcing him off balance and into that tough shot.

Not enough contact. Refs don't call that kind of stuff with 3 seconds to go. If it was a C's player defending like that and the refs made the call, everybody here would be going even more bananas on the refs (and, in that case, rightly so).

« Reply #716 on: February 05, 2009, 11:38:40 PM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53

Of course I'll root for Cleveland.  I'm not sure it's possible for me to root for the Lakers under any circumstances.  That probably goes for 90% of the rest of us too. 

90%? If i had a son playing for the lakers i wouldn't root for him

« Reply #717 on: February 05, 2009, 11:38:46 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Was that a foul?

I don't think so.  Who was the foul on?  Gasol didn't touch him, and I don't think Fisher did, either.

There were plenty of missed calls, but the Celts had plenty of chances to win it, and executed terribly.

Still...

I`m not the kind of guy who moans about the officiating all the time, but this was a ridiculous screw job. It doesn`t matter that we should`ve won the game on our own, the refs clearly took that away from us.

Yeah, KG shouldn't have been fouled out, and he would have made a huge difference down the stretch.  Still, the thing that will stick with me is the terrible execution.

Close to 8 seconds at the end of regulation, and we can't get a shot off.

16 seconds at the end of overtime, and we can't get a shot off (since Ray's attempt barely constitutes a shot).

Those things are unacceptable.

YOU CAN't get a shot off when you are being fouled the whole play!!!!!!!!!

What about the first 13 seconds of that possession?

Also, I didn't see a foul, and I especially didn't see anything that NBA officials are going to call on the last play of a game.  You guys make it sound like Ray was being dragged down or something.  If there was contact, it was relatively minor.

Roy, did you not watch Fisher's hands during the replay. He had one of Ray's arms completely hook as he was trying to turn and explode into his shot.

No, I didn't see anything that bothered me that much, frankly.  There were a bunch of terrible calls, but I didn't think that was one of them. 

I agree Roy. At first I thought Gasol hit him but on the reply it was just a nice play.  Fish hooked him & Kobe probably would have gotten that call, but we would be screaming about that being a horrible call.  I'd rather a no-call touch foul than these phantom calls.  I just wish DS would let them keep it even.  But in the end ref's are ref's and you win by executing.

Itīs not about the last posession, it was the whole game. Whenever it seemed we could pull away, the refs gave ticky-tack fouls against the Celtics, or whatīs even worse, didnīt call the Lakers fouls. KG fouls out while Gasol has only 1 foul? I mean, anyone who watched the game should agree that 1 foul for Gasol is a ridiculous number with the way the Lakers played tonight.

Nah, no reason to be classy and a good loser...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #718 on: February 05, 2009, 11:39:10 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Refs were okay. Anyone who saw Pau (or Fisher) fouling Ray on that last play is just imagining things. It didn't happen.

You apparently didn't watch.  He didn't get fouled shooting, but when he got the handoff from Baby, Fisher reached across his body forcing him off balance and into that tough shot.

Not enough contact. Refs don't call that kind of stuff with 3 seconds to go. If it was a C's player defending like that and the refs made the call, everybody here would be going even more bananas on the refs (and, in that case, rightly so).

disagree..kobe gets that call...

« Reply #719 on: February 05, 2009, 11:39:37 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Wow, that was a magnificent game. Great battle from the two sides.

Who gets a TP for staying strictly
business. Thanks, man.