Author Topic: Celtics (29-8) at Cavs (28-6) 1/9  (Read 75293 times)

Re: Celtics (29-8) at Cavs (28-6) 1/9
« Reply #255 on: January 09, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
If we lose this one is on the officials. Don't tell me anything about effort or hustle or defense-- its been there. We've gotten no breaks, and the Cavs have gotten a ton of them. LeBron's specialty is capitalizing off of ref BS.

This is the kind of post that drives me nuts. The Cavs have dominated this game tonight except on the boards. They right now are so much better than the Celtics -- and they are playing without their starting center.

Yeah alright chief. If you knew how I post on a regular basis you wouldn't pass me off as some sort of reactionary nut. The officiating has been the largest factor in this game. LeBron's played great.... capitalizing off of terrible calls.

They've outplayed us by maybe four points. The rest is built off of the officiating. Every time we needed a call or a break, it went the other way and LeBron or Varejo got a 3 point play. That's a five point swing due to the refereeing, and when it happens multiple times, it makes a big change in the game.

How did I get thrown into this? ;D
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #256 on: January 09, 2009, 10:21:40 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Wow.. I never thought we'll ever be in 3rd place with this team.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #257 on: January 09, 2009, 10:22:36 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 618
LeBron has been the best defensive player on the court tonight and it's not close. Game changing defense.

So many impressive defensive plays.

Agreed. The guy is one of the best players in the history of the game, yet all anyone here wants to do is complain about the star treatment he gets. I love the Celtics, but you gotta give credit to how great James is.

how many ring sdoes this guy have? we have every right to complain because close to every other basket/foul/dplay he makes is bs. the guy does some amazing things ill give you that, but i would love to see how good he would be if he had to play by the rules. i really don't know how much i can stomach this anymore. i cant even enjoy watching us play them because it infuriating watching this guy have his own set of rules. I know stars in the past have had special treatment, but i dont ever remember them getting it to this degree. i thought shaq was the king of the no call in the 90's, but lbj has eclipsed him by far. was maddening is that its so in your face, the nba knows whats going on, but they dont care because he brings in cash for the league. if this keeps up, the nba will go the way of the nhl in due time. you simply cannot have a disregard of the rules for one player and expect people to stay interested. but what does the league have to care about, they have china to keep it afloat.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2009, 10:22:47 PM »

Offline ziggen

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
good, at least the fair weathered fans will disappear and i'll be able to buy celtics tickets for cheap again

lol yeah maybe it will go back to 4.99 courtside seats.
Hello World

« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2009, 10:22:54 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Lebron is too good, too strong and twice as good as any of our big 3 and gets every [dang] call...we're in serious trouble and ESPN is gonna officially gonna write us off, deservingly so...we're done, sorry to the people who didnt want to admit or who have been bashing us willing to admit it...its over, we'll always have 17, at least
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #260 on: January 09, 2009, 10:23:05 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I hope Doc uses the dog days excuse again in the postgame. And, I hope he plays Eddie more minutes and we get to see Scal as our backup small forward. I cannot believe how bad this team is right now.

« Reply #261 on: January 09, 2009, 10:23:20 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
This game was within reach in the middle of the third. Rondo's missed tip-in was the kiss of death. That and his missed FT's. I'm really wishing I had a different blog handle right now.

The Cavs really didn't outplay us by all that much-- at least not until the middle of the fourth... I stopped watching then. Were really not a team built for comebacks.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #262 on: January 09, 2009, 10:23:49 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
POB!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #263 on: January 09, 2009, 10:24:33 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Lebron is too good, too strong and twice as good as any of our big 3 and gets every [dang] call...we're in serious trouble and ESPN is gonna officially gonna write us off, deservingly so...we're done, sorry to the people who didnt want to admit or who have been bashing us willing to admit it...its over, we'll always have 17, at least

I agree, as a lifelong fan and a season ticketholder, I have gotten to the point where my attitude is I am greatful to Danny for making the moves to get #17. Now lets see what he does for his next act here.

« Reply #264 on: January 09, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
And to all the people saying "lebron doesnt have a ring" thats LAUGHABLE it took our big 3 each 10+ years to get a ring and Lebron will without a doubt have a ring in the next 3 years
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #265 on: January 09, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
Garbage time..now Eddie can magically shoot.

« Reply #266 on: January 09, 2009, 10:25:20 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
a dejected little dark lord :(

« Reply #267 on: January 09, 2009, 10:26:39 PM »

Offline ziggen

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
POS team right now
Hello World

« Reply #268 on: January 09, 2009, 10:27:24 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
G'night folks.   :-[

« Reply #269 on: January 09, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
And to all the people saying "lebron doesnt have a ring" thats LAUGHABLE it took our big 3 each 10+ years to get a ring and Lebron will without a doubt have a ring in the next 3 years

I think the argument is that you can't YET consider LeBron to be truly great because he still doesn't have a ring. I don't particularly support that position, but I don't think people are denying lebrons skill. Its more that he hasn't earned it YET.

My opinion is that he'd score 6-8 less PPG if he didn't get all the calls.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.