Author Topic: Celtics (19-2) at Pacers (7-12) 12/7  (Read 43731 times)

Re: Celtics (19-2) at Pacers (7-12) 12/7
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
Luckily we don't play the Pacers again this season, unless we meet them in the playoffs.

Also does anyone remember how it was the Pacers were allowed to choose Perkins to shoot fts in the 2004-2005 playoffs? I just remember him being chosen and bricking them and I'm trying to remember the circumstances.

« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Luckily we don't play the Pacers again this season, unless we meet them in the playoffs.

Also does anyone remember how it was the Pacers were allowed to choose Perkins to shoot fts in the 2004-2005 playoffs? I just remember him being chosen and bricking them and I'm trying to remember the circumstances.

Pierce got booted for his 2nd tech. Tinsley fouled him and accidentally smacked Pierce across the face. The younger, less professional, and more immature, Pierce overreacted and pushed Tinsley down to the ground.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2008, 09:23:56 PM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58

Pierce got booted for his 2nd tech. Tinsley fouled him and accidentally smacked Pierce across the face. The younger, less professional, and more immature, Pierce overreacted and pushed Tinsley down to the ground.

Thanks, so Perkins was chosen to shoot the fts from Tinsley fouling Pierce?

« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2579
This year feels like the old days.

Last year during the season I always had the feeling the C's may not be as good as they were playing. Their emotion was high all the time and I wondered if this was a team that might wilt when the playoffs began.  It was great, but it wasn't the feeling I had in the mid-70's or 80's when every night you knew for sure that the C's had the advantage.

This year is different.  It always feels that the C's will put their foot on the gas and take over a game whenever they need to.  They seem to have emotional lapses --unlike last year -- but very much like the Bird years when the team was so confident that they knew they could let up and then turn it on.   This team is clearly better than last year -- Perk, Rondo and Ray Allen have all turned it up a notch.  The impact of the Posey loss still remains to be seen come playoff time -- but right now, this team feels just like one of the C's great teams.

« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2008, 09:26:02 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas

Thanks, so Perkins was chosen to shoot the fts from Tinsley fouling Pierce?

Hmmm. Pierce picked up the tech so Reggie Miller shot the technical free throw to tie the game. Then the Pacers chose Perk from the Celtics bench to shoot the two free throws from the foul on Pierce by Tinsley. And yeah - Perk missed both and we went to overtime.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2008, 09:32:15 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Probably one of the worst games we've played this season, if not the worst. Perk choking on his FT's, Rondo throwing it out of bounds with .8 left, Doc letting the lead get stabbed to nothing in the 1st half, Scalabrine playing, no calls under the basket when we were being hit constantly....they better have a good speech about this game when their done tonight, because this was trash.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2008, 09:34:03 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Probably one of the worst games we've played this season, if not the worst. Perk choking on his FT's, Rondo throwing it out of bounds with .8 left, Doc letting the lead get stabbed to nothing in the 1st half, Scalabrine playing, no calls under the basket when we were being hit constantly....they better have a good speech about this game when their done tonight, because this was trash.

Yep. The two of the worst games we've played this season are against the Pacers.

« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2008, 09:39:23 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 106
Thank God they won.  Having to live with this loss until Thursday would've driven me nuts.

« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2008, 10:04:42 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Pretty nice to win a game over the giant killers when we're nowhere near our best.  Paul showed some you know whats knocking down that shot.  Ray and KG were great.

Other than them and Eddie not many positives, besides the fact that they pulled it out. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2008, 10:10:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3782
  • Yup
Why would you put Scal in for Perkins? Is Doc trying to make it harder than it needs to be?

Perk had 5 fouls.
Why would fouls be a concern?

I think it was because of two things. Murphy is a 3-point threat from the perimeter, and Kendrick is not a good FT shooter.

Did anyone else get the Deja Vu feeling of the playoff game where Perk was pulled cold off the bench to shoot free throws after Pierce elbowed Tinsley in the head? I'm really glad that it went to OT and he got the chance to hit two right away.

Ooooh. Don't remind me. That's the only moment in my whole life that I was ever mad at Pierce. Good thing we had Antoine to carry us on his back in OT.  ;D

That was Perk's 2nd season am I correct? Did the Pacers get to choose who got to shoot the free throws?

Funny, I was thinking of this too, when Gorman was wondering if Perk had ever shot any big FT's.  That was so [dang] harsh having Perk forced to take those FT's.  And yes, it took me until Pierce started playing like an MVP for a solid month or two over a year after that until I'd forgiven him.  I was so BS with him and was even that upset when they got smoked in Game 7 vs Indy that year, because I was so disenchanted.  I also remember Antoine coming up big in OT after Pierce got kicked out in Game 6 - saving PP's bacon.
Yup

« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2008, 10:14:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3782
  • Yup
3 MORE THINGS....

Huge offensive board by Eddie to set up Pierce's 3 to tie it

I went back and watched in slo-mo and I swear Perk had his shot off before the 24 second clock went off in OT.  I didn't even see the refs checking that.  Isn't the rule supposed to allow them to check if it's close?  Maybe I missed it.  No one was complaining.  I would have liked to have seen CSN show the replay.

Ray passed Pierce on Friday for the team lead in scoring for the season...
Yup

« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2008, 10:58:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We barely got out of this game alive. The pacers are no doubt one of the contenders out of the east.

Rondo couldn't do anything on the offensive end tonight

« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2008, 10:58:52 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
3 MORE THINGS....

Huge offensive board by Eddie to set up Pierce's 3 to tie it

I went back and watched in slo-mo and I swear Perk had his shot off before the 24 second clock went off in OT.  I didn't even see the refs checking that.  Isn't the rule supposed to allow them to check if it's close?  Maybe I missed it.  No one was complaining.  I would have liked to have seen CSN show the replay.

Ray passed Pierce on Friday for the team lead in scoring for the season...

you read my mind on that 24 second shot clock...i also thought the replay could be used for this.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
It's so ridiculous how people here can criticize Rondo given what he has done for us this season. Even Larry had a bad night here and there.

Of course they can. By that reasoning, people would be unable to criticize 80% of our roster. When guys play badly, they're criticized.

Good win.

no, when other guys play poorley, thier criticized. When rondo plays poorly, 12 page threads are started about wheather he's an NBA quality PG or a waste of a starting roster spot.

there's a diffrence.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2008, 10:21:35 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I really hope we don't see the Pacers in the first round of the playoffs.