Author Topic: MJ says C's Were Lucky to Win Title  (Read 9993 times)

Re: MJ says C's Were Lucky to Win Title
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 10:22:59 AM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Ah sorry not buying it. We had the best defense, best team, best coaches no luck involved. Can we repeat I hope so.

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 10:43:38 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
MJ says C's Were Lucky to Win Title

That, coming from a drama queen who was the ONLY player of his era getting star calls..Not to mention the player who was given a title by the officials when he flagrantly pushed off in front of an official to get his game winning shot off.  How many games did the Bulls win because Jordan was officiated completely different than any other player in the NBA?

Well, take it for what it's worth.   ;D

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2008, 12:13:46 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

That, coming from a drama queen who was the ONLY player of his era getting star calls..Not to mention the player who was given a title by the officials when he flagrantly pushed off in front of an official to get his game winning shot off.  How many games did the Bulls win because Jordan was officiated completely different than any other player in the NBA?

I would agree. Luck is being able to push off and hit a game winning 3. I wonder if thats a "laces out" moment for Karl Malon?
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 12:17:45 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

i dont get how many people failed to get the context of his statement, but W/E, find slights to us where you can i guess.

fans need bulliten board material too i guess  :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:25:10 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 12:54:26 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
He says that about ever team when they win their first one.  He said he was lucky to win his first one too.  Then the one you win after that show what kind of team you were.  It's just his philosophy.

Exactly. I don't quite understand what he means, or I don't agree with what I think he means, but he has been saying this for years. It's not a bait on the Celtics at all.

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 12:59:13 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
I dont get how many people failed to get the context of his statement, but W/E, find slights to us where you can i guess.

I don't really care about the context.  Jordan, like the NBA's messiah in Cleveland, were/are the most talented players of their era.  They don't need any help.  But both were/have been officiated completely different from any of their peers.  With Jordan, it was so obvious for so many years.  Exactly like the messiah today.  The bias is so ridiculous that in spite of their amazing talent, their games aren't any fun to watch.

When Jordan is on a level playing field. As in being a GM, It's comical to see how inept he is.  It's also comical to hear from a guy who never committed a foul and never traveled after his first two seasons in the NBA talk about anybody being lucky.  Considering that Jordan, talent wise was on a whole different level from his peers, his entire championship run should have been earned.  But for all intents and purposes, through little fault of his own, (Hello, Mr Stern) Jordan was the biggest fraud of his era.

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 01:21:10 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I dont get how many people failed to get the context of his statement, but W/E, find slights to us where you can i guess.

I don't really care about the context.  Jordan, like the NBA's messiah in Cleveland, were/are the most talented players of their era.  They don't need any help.  But both were/have been officiated completely different from any of their peers.  With Jordan, it was so obvious for so many years.  Exactly like the messiah today.  The bias is so ridiculous that in spite of their amazing talent, their games aren't any fun to watch.

When Jordan is on a level playing field. As in being a GM, It's comical to see how inept he is.  It's also comical to hear from a guy who never committed a foul and never traveled after his first two seasons in the NBA talk about anybody being lucky.  Considering that Jordan, talent wise was on a whole different level from his peers, his entire championship run should have been earned.  But for all intents and purposes, through little fault of his own, (Hello, Mr Stern) Jordan was the biggest fraud of his era.
so, you don't actually care about the article or qoute, you just wanted to go MJ bashing.

thats how you feel about jordan, but it doesn't relate to what he said at all. If you want to bash MJ, cool, bash MJ. but don't act like he dissed the celtics as your jumping off point, it didn't happen.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2008, 02:03:13 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
I read the article, Crownsy.  It doesn't change what I think because some see Jordan't word as a complement or congratulations.  I see what he said as at best, a backhanded complement.  Jordan's first championship was probably his only championship won where the playing field was level.  If he thinks he was lucky to win that one, then Jordan, himself should call his entire run a fraud.  The following championship years for Jordan were a joke.  David Stern should have read a disclaimer before every telecast about the WWE-type officiating that was about to take place in Jordan's games.

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I read the article, Crownsy.  It doesn't change what I think because some see Jordan't word as a complement or congratulations.  I see what he said as at best, a backhanded complement.  Jordan's first championship was probably his only championship won where the playing field was level.  If he thinks he was lucky to win that one, then Jordan, himself should call his entire run a fraud.  The following championship years for Jordan were a joke.  David Stern should have read a disclaimer before every telecast about the WWE-type officiating that was about to take place in Jordan's games.

you and ray allen disagree then. because if he thought it was a backhanded compliment from his good friend he plays golf with, why releate it to the media and then say you understood what he ment, and that you were going to stay hungry as he suggested? if ray thought his friend (and they are good friends) was taking a shot at him, i doubt he'd talk to the media about it and how it will be good motivation.

and, as to your second paragraph, jordan DOESin fact call his first championship lucky. that was his ENTIRE POINT OF SAYING IT TO RAY ALLEN. that the first one is alot of luck, (which ours certainly was, and thiers nothing wrong with a bit of luck, all teams need it, and as redz said were named after it) and that the great teams dont settle for one, they keep working to get more.

take it as you did and blow it out of proportion to fit into your MJ bashing if ya want though. hate to let facts get in the way of a good character assaination heh. it certainly didn't while we were ripping apart kobe's oylimpic comments  :)

and while i agree jordan did get the benifit of far to many calls, im not sure he should illicit the vitral level you've got him on here. thats just my personal opnion though. i do agree he was overrated, more so because the casts he played with were underrated.

to here some NBA guys talk, it was jordan and his sidekick pippen. there was alot more talent than that on those bulls teams.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:25:02 PM by crownsy »

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2008, 02:26:40 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
I didn't rip Kobe's character, crownsy.  Actually, I'm one of the few in here who defend Kobe.  I think the whole olympic experience is a fraud.  It's anything but patroitic.  The officiating in every event is akin to watching a Jordan or James game.   I'm glad to hear Kobe say what he said about playing in it.  I just don't believe it.  What he's saying, IMHO, is reputation rebuilding.  It's totally unnecessary.

What I also said, if you read it, is that if Jordan thought his first championship was lucky, it's hard to imagine what he thinks of the others.  Unless he's delusional.  He has to know that he was the only NBA player who could take 4 steps without getting a traveling call.

So what Jordan says about much of anything carrys no weight with me.

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 02:37:42 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I didn't rip Kobe's character, crownsy.  Actually, I'm one of the few in here who defend Kobe.  I think the whole olympic experience is a fraud.  It's anything but patroitic.  The officiating in every event is akin to watching a Jordan or James game.   I'm glad to hear Kobe say what he said about playing in it.  I just don't believe it.  What he's saying, IMHO, is reputation rebuilding.  It's totally unnecessary.

What I also said, if you read it, is that if Jordan thought his first championship was lucky, it's hard to imagine what he thinks of the others.  Unless he's delusional.  He has to know that he was the only NBA player who could take 4 steps without getting a traveling call.

So what Jordan says about much of anything carrys no weight with me.

i wasen't talkign about you with kobe, i was saying it can be fun to make reaches on people sometimes, i Did it with a few of kobe's comments too, though in the end i had to start getting his back as well, because some of the later threads got risiculous.

and i got that, you don't like MJ. thats fine, i don't particularly care for him either, but the point was, his comment didn't mean what you said it ment, like it was some sort of backhanded compliment. And, if it was, the only reason ray would go out of his way to bring up a private conversation between a friend of his and himself playing golf and then call that backhanded slap a complment and a call to stay motiviated would be if ray allen's an idiot and didnt realize MJ was taking a swipe at him.

I very much doubt ray is an idiot. His buddy who won multiple championships gave him some advice on how to stay focused during a golf match, and he chose to share it with the media. to me, this is the biggest non-issue of all time. I just find it funny that some posters (not just you, theres a bunch of em) seem to need to find an anti celtic message in a harmless comment.

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Ok, Crownsy.  I'll just call it bulletin board material.   Except I don't play for the Celtics.

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2008, 02:43:58 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Ok, Crownsy.  I'll just call it bulletin board material.   Except I don't play for the Celtics.

whatever, i wasen't even arguing with you on anything, just pointing something out.  im not getting your point and your not getting mine, truce. :D