Author Topic: EPL Season  (Read 28717 times)

Re: EPL Season
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2009, 01:10:56 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
If he`ll miss preseason i can`t see him recovering to 100% ever.
Too bad for himself first off all and for MU.

Of course there is no comparison between Fletcher and Hargreaves. Roma`s DeRosi is a nice pick but i think he has just renewed his contract.

I have never liked Anceloti. Even the fans of the teams he worked for didn`t like him! For me he is one of a small group of coaches that find always well payed jobs although they haven`t done something significants to deserve it. (ex Erickson and Camacho)

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2009, 08:01:33 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
So, we're getting ready for the pre-season, some teams having played already.  What are your thoughts and or predictions?

I'm not ready to predict a league winner yet, I want to see more of how some teams come together.  I like Chelsea this year, even though I wished they had gotten a couple of the runored transfers.  Still a chance for Ashley Young from Villa, though.

We'll see, but I'm ready for it to all start again.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2009, 01:52:59 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
MU has lost important players and the new ones are somewhat of a question marks. Talented players but MU needs them to step up now. Sir Alex said that they want buy more players . Is this possible ????? (btw barcelona agreed with inter for Imbra.... That`s bad... He would look great in red next to Rooney)

Liverpool has too many problems i can`t see them improving

Arsenal looks like will sell Adebayor! He scores a goal every two games , not easy to substitute especialy if are not willing to spend much

City has made good signings but ... It`s Man City.... They can`t go far :D Moreover Hughes is not a good coach

Same about Chelsea. Ancelotti ?!?!?!??

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2009, 10:27:40 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
I'm a Liverpool fan and am wicked sad to see Alonso leave.  I don't really know much about our replacement signing Alberto Aquilani.  Anyone seen him play before and care to enlighten me?
UBUNTU

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2009, 04:16:27 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
MU doesn`t look good. It`s still a contender , will probably reach quarterfinals in CL but is definately weaker and lacks a leader.

EPL looks like a walk in the park for Chelsea. BTW i didn`t expect them to play like this under Ancelloti.

« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2009, 07:00:57 AM »

Offline pbak63

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
So how do you think this season is going?

The league certainly appears more competitive with Spurs, Aston Villa and Man City
all making good starts as well as the usual top 4 candidates.

Liverpool are inconsistant to say the least, but Benitez saved his job by beating Man Utd last week.

As for United, Ferdinand is playing poorly and seems very injury prone.

Aresnal play some fabulous attacking football but still need some more aggression
in defence.

Chelsea are adapting well under Ancelotti, but can be caught out in defence from set pieces. Carvalho certainly doesn't look the player he was.

I think it's the most interesting season for a long time.

Paul

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2009, 03:18:54 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
The interest has shifted to the 4 chmp. league places rather than the championship itself which is a two horse race.

Chelsea looks great. I didn`t expect it under Anceloti. It`s team you enjoy watching. So is Arsenal but Chelsea is also very tough to beat. Liverpool is a mess with a huge debt (like MU) and an awful roster.

MU on the other hand bores me to death this season. Sir Alex should have done better in the offseason. This season needs more from old players like Giggs and Scholes instead of preparing to retire them. The team lost about 50 goals (CR and Tevez). It`s not easy to fill the void especialy if you don`t buy anynone!!!

Thank God Rooney is having an excellent season but can he keep it up?

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2009, 02:21:30 PM »

Offline mrkelly

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Liverpool is a mess with a huge debt (like MU) and an awful roster.

I'd hardly say they have a bad squad, more like bad luck. It's the same team that finished second last year, bar Alonso (but with Aquilani) and Arbeloa (but with the much better Johnson) -- but injuries have really plagued them.

If this team is fit and healthy, they are a contender.

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2009, 06:21:58 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Kakuta looks special. The quickness, the technical ability, the confidence. Wow!

First time I've seen him play, today, very impressed.