Author Topic: Celticsblog Fantasy Roster Review  (Read 152913 times)

Re: Celticsblog Fantasy Roster Review
« Reply #660 on: February 10, 2009, 11:26:37 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Roy... I must say, that starting lineup of yours is looking pretty shaky right now.

Gay and Amare are both being quite exposed as overrated, no D, inconsistent players with sour attitudes this year.

Go Wolves!   ;)

Well, Phoenix has been a mess; let's withhold judgment until Amare is traded to a better situation.  I mean, when Steve Nash of all players is griping to the media, you know things aren't going well.  I'd love to see him traded to Portland, because that would be the closest thing possible to seeing how this experiment plays out in real life.

I can tell you someone who hasn't been a mess: The FAKE Phoenix Suns.

Conley: Improving
Roy: one of the best 2's in the league
Butler: He's a mean mean machina.
Nene: can you say 15 and 9? Holla. CALLED IT.
Perkins: We know whats goin on here.

Ariza: Playing very well this year
Etan Thomas: Done for the year
A Daniels: Less of a factor this season
Channing Frye: No playing much
Morris Almond/Donte Greene...still comin along.

A solid team, no doubt.  Don't really see a trade asset to do it, but acquiring a veteran point guard of some type could go a long way towards making that team a powerhouse.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #661 on: February 10, 2009, 11:29:36 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
Roy... I must say, that starting lineup of yours is looking pretty shaky right now.

Gay and Amare are both being quite exposed as overrated, no D, inconsistent players with sour attitudes this year.

Go Wolves!   ;)

Well, Phoenix has been a mess; let's withhold judgment until Amare is traded to a better situation.  I mean, when Steve Nash of all players is griping to the media, you know things aren't going well.  I'd love to see him traded to Portland, because that would be the closest thing possible to seeing how this experiment plays out in real life.

I don't think trading him is going to make him suddenly play defense and rebound when he has shown a lack of interest in it for going on 7 years now.  (Wow! Is that possible?? Amare in his 7th year?? Sheesh... I feel old).

Anyways, I'm just ribbin' ya because going into the year you looked to have the Dream Team and now it appears to possibly be only the Knocked Out Nyquil Sleep Level Team.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #662 on: February 10, 2009, 11:41:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Go Wolves!   ;)

I don't think trading him is going to make him suddenly play defense and rebound when he has shown a lack of interest in it for going on 7 years now.  (Wow! Is that possible?? Amare in his 7th year?? Sheesh... I feel old).

Anyways, I'm just ribbin' ya because going into the year you looked to have the Dream Team and now it appears to possibly be only the Knocked Out Nyquil Sleep Level Team.

Haha.  Well, Amare actually *was* playing defense at the beginning of this season.  He gave up, though, when he was made the second option on offense and the team was playing terribly.  Amare is a superstar who needs to be coddled, but I still think he can be reached.

The team that's looked really good is maestro's team, although none of Durant, Mayo, and Bosh seem interested in defense.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #663 on: February 10, 2009, 11:48:41 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I'll put my squad (or at least, what I remember was my squad??) in the line of fire:

PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Jason Richardson
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Zach Randolph
C: Tyson Chandler

PG/SG: Jason Terry
SG/SF: Thabo Sefolosha
PF: Darius Songaila
C: Jamaal Magloire
PG: Acie Law
SG/SF: Jarvis Hayes
SG: Aron Afflalo
PF/C: Josh McRoberts
C: Kyrylo Fesenko
C: Hamed Haddadi

Up and down all season, and battling injuries right now (Terry and Chandler). Thin in the frontcourt. Renaissance by Deng, and the rest of my starting 5 (less Chandler) playing quite well lately.

The acquisition of a solid C would vault me back into contention.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #664 on: February 10, 2009, 11:53:35 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.

Go Wolves!   ;)

Haha.  Well, Amare actually *was* playing defense at the beginning of this season.  He gave up, though, when he was made the second option on offense and the team was playing terribly.  Amare is a superstar who needs to be coddled, but I still think he can be reached.

The team that's looked really good is maestro's team, although none of Durant, Mayo, and Bosh seem interested in defense.

I heard LeBron is having a pretty decent year!  ;)

Calderon, Brewer, and Biedrins have been as expected or better than expected as well.  Amir Johnson... well... still young, and Reggie Evans can fill in enough I suppose.  They can't be any worse than Ben Wallace is these days!

« Reply #665 on: February 11, 2009, 12:01:36 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Surprisingly not the worst team ever:
The Washington Wizards

PG: Raymond Felton
SG : JR Smith
SF: Travis Outlaw
PF: Charlie Villanueva
C: Emeka Okafor

PG/SG: Delonte West
SG:Daequan Cooke,
SG/SF: Courtney Lee,
SF:Jared Dudley,
C:Kwame Brown
SF: Chris Douglass Roberts
PF:Glen Davis
C: Joakim Noah
PG:,Sun Yue  
C: (Inj) Andray Blatche

Not terrible considering it was my ignominous introduction to Celticsblog. Pretty cool that I was right about a couple of things. Okafor does flourish offensively when paired with a high post 4, for my team it was Blatche and Villanueva and for the Bobcats it's been Diaw and now Radmonivich. I though Andrey would continue to get better and show that he was a capable starter in this league. Felton has had a good season considering he wasn't playing point guard for a time this season.

I was wrong about many things.

Basically a team of good players with no great players. I feel more like the Bulls than I do the Kings. Maybe thats a good thing.

« Reply #666 on: February 11, 2009, 12:12:07 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
PG: Mo Williams
SG: Rip Hamilton
SF: Stephan Jackson
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Brendan Hamilton

Bench: Grant Hill, Anderson Varejao, Aaron Brooks, Mo Evans, Josh Powell, Oberto

Your Fake Clippers

I still say its a pretty good team.

« Reply #667 on: February 11, 2009, 12:48:57 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

Go Wolves!   ;)

Back again! Big Ticket is actually being generous. Roy's starting five is looking shaky indeed. Iguodala at SG has thus far been a failure in Philly, he's only thrived at the 3 with the freedom to dominate the ball. T.J. Ford has again missed time and been in and out of the starting five. And nobody is hitting the 3. (I warned you Roy.)

But what about the Memphis Grizzlies? Well, er, drafting so many injury risks didn't work out well for me... But I'll hang my hat on being right about Lee, Foye and my rookies.

PF David Lee - Has done what I knew he could with starter's minutes in an uptempo offense. Should've been an All-Star.
SF Rudy Fernandez - No evidence yet that he can play the 3. But plenty of evidence that he can play at this level. Does Memphis have the next Slum Dunk champion?
C Andrew Bynum - Another major set back just as the kid was beginning to dominate again. An injury plagued career is certainly a possibility at this point.
SG Randy Foye - Also making me look smart. He's done well as a play-making SG in 'Sota.
PG Gilbert Arenas - Well, Memphis wasn't voted into the playoffs anyway...

It should be pointed out that all evidence shows Arenas's back up, Russell Westbrook is ready now, more or less.

PF David Lee/ J.J. Hickson
SF Rudy Fernandez/ Anthony Randolph
C Joel Anthony/ Chuck Hayes
SG Randy Foye/ Willie Green
PG Russell Westbrook/ Goran Dragic

Three major knee injuries do leave the bench stretched impossibly thin.

Gilbert Arenas - Knee (Return date not set)
Andrew Bynum - Knee (Out until March)
Dorell Wright - Knee (Close to a return)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:43:37 PM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #668 on: February 11, 2009, 12:59:09 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
PG: Mo Williams
SG: Rip Hamilton
SF: Stephan Jackson
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Brendan Hamilton

Bench: Grant Hill, Anderson Varejao, Aaron Brooks, Mo Evans, Josh Powell, Oberto

Your Fake Clippers

I still say its a pretty good team.

Clippers look tough; and Williams, Jackson, Hill, Varejao, Brooks all look to be good picks.

But I don't know much about this Brendan Hamilton character.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 02:54:33 AM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #669 on: February 11, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Go Wolves!   ;)

I can tell you someone who hasn't been a mess: The FAKE Phoenix Suns.

Conley: Improving
Roy: one of the best 2's in the league
Butler: He's a mean mean machina.
Nene: can you say 15 and 9? Holla. CALLED IT.
Perkins: We know whats goin on here.

Ariza: Playing very well this year
Etan Thomas: Done for the year
A Daniels: Less of a factor this season
Channing Frye: No playing much
Morris Almond/Donte Greene...still comin along.

A solid team, no doubt.  Don't really see a trade asset to do it, but acquiring a veteran point guard of some type could go a long way towards making that team a powerhouse.

I'm sure we could work out something for Delonte or Felton.

« Reply #670 on: February 11, 2009, 06:41:17 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Can we take a moment to jump on the Vegas bandwagon please?

C: Darko Milicic - Useless.
PF: Chris Bosh - All-Star, career numbers.
SF: Kevin Durant - MVP-like numbers at the 3
SG: OJ Mayo - ROY favorite.
PG: Chris Duhon - MIP candidate, career numbers, proving to be a distributor.

6th: Rashad McCants - Solid play as a 6th man.
7th: Luke Walton - Starter on #1 team in the league.
8th: Steven Hunter - Finito.
9th: Speedy Claxton - Finito.
10th: Nick Fazekas - Finito.

11th: Rasual Butler - Lights out from three.
12th: Donyell Marshall - Finito.

Plus the late addition of Anthony Morrow.

We're doing just fine fellas. A playoff spot isn't even a question any more.

EDIT - We really lack size. No matter, small ball it is.

« Reply #671 on: February 11, 2009, 06:48:36 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

You've got three legit stars and Duhon is looking good, but I'm not in love with the rest of the team.  Felton has been held out of, what, 18 games due to his attitude?  Walton is mediocre, as is Butler, and Darko is terrible.

Of course, on any given night Durant can go for 35, and Bosh (if healthy) and Mayo light it up, too.  Your team would score a ton of points, but it would give up a ton, too.  That seems to be the problem with most of our teams.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #672 on: February 11, 2009, 06:54:55 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

You've got three legit stars and Duhon is looking good, but I'm not in love with the rest of the team.  Felton has been held out of, what, 18 games due to his attitude?  Walton is mediocre, as is Butler, and Darko is terrible.

Of course, on any given night Durant can go for 35, and Bosh (if healthy) and Mayo light it up, too.  Your team would score a ton of points, but it would give up a ton, too.  That seems to be the problem with most of our teams.

Felton? You mean McCants? Yeah, he's got issues but looks to have overcome them. Besides, Morrow is an upgrade anyway.

I think size and D would kill my team, but offensively is there anyone that can stop us? It'd be really interesting to find out.

I'm still going to put this into a 2K simulator but I just can't get around to it right now, I have so little time.

« Reply #673 on: February 11, 2009, 07:56:33 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Houston Rockets-

Starting:
C - Shaquille O’neal.
PF - Troy Murphy
SF - Gerald Wallace
SG - Kevin Martin
PG - Tony Parker

Bench:
SF/PF - Lamar Odom
SF/PF - Tim Thomas
SG - Roger Mason Jr
SG - Michael Finley
PG - Luke Ridnour* (out 5 weeks)

PG - Damon Stoudamire
SF - Yakhouba Diawara
C - Robert Swift
PF -  Melvin Ely

Injured list:
C - Andrew Bogut (out for season)

====================================

My team is not winning a title, but around this time I'd say we'd be around 6 or 7 games above .500 and looking for a big with Center Bogut going down.

« Reply #674 on: February 11, 2009, 08:03:04 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Houston Rockets-

Starting:
C - Shaquille O’neal.
PF - Troy Murphy
SF - Gerald Wallace
SG - Kevin Martin
PG - Tony Parker

Bench:
SF/PF - Lamar Odom
SF/PF - Tim Thomas
SG - Roger Mason Jr
SG - Michael Finley
PG - Luke Ridnour* (out 5 weeks)

PG - Damon Stoudamire
SF - Yakhouba Diawara
C - Robert Swift
PF -  Melvin Ely

Injured list:
C - Andrew Bogut (out for season)

====================================

My team is not winning a title, but around this time I'd say we'd be around 6 or 7 games above .500 and looking for a big with Center Bogut going down.

That's one hell of a team right there ;)

Shaq's having a great season.
Tony Parker's an all star.
K-mart is playing unbelievable.
Troy Murphy is averaging a double-double.
Lamar Odom is playing above every1's expectations.
Roger Mason Jr ditto. (You were right about this guy when we drafted him Jsaad)
Anything is possible!!!