Author Topic: ECF Game 2 Pistons at Celtics 5/22 8:30 PM ESPN  (Read 80419 times)

Re: ECF Game 2 Pistons at Celtics 5/22 8:30 PM ESPN
« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2008, 11:28:55 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I repeat............

WOULD SOMEBODY GET THE FREAKIN REBOUND?!?!?!?!?!

Not clutch this game by any means.  The rebounds we HAVE to grab this game, we don't.  Ray finally starts to feel it and the one short jumper he HAS to make doesn't go.

Nice season everyone, cause lets face it...we ain't winning on the road.  And don't tell me "you gotta have faith" cause I had faith game 3, 4, and 6 against atlanta and game 3, 4, and 6 against cleveland.

Sincerely, I don't understand how you can claim to root for a team while publicly proclaiming they're done for, in a 1-1 series.  Can you please explain this mindset to me?  Do you get off on pessimism or "I told you so"s or what?

Stereotypical Boston fan mentality.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2008, 11:30:59 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
can't complain about the refs every loss. our defense looked absolutely lost on a few occasions. how the hell do you let billups walk in for that layup towards the end of the game?

INEXCUSABLE

It would be nice if the refs didn't call such bad games it would be easier not to at least partly blame them.

« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2008, 11:31:10 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I don't like the fact the C's lost, but at least Ray Allen found his shot again.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2008, 11:32:08 PM »

Offline celtsfan907

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
i don't see any blowouts in this series.  these are 2 very evenly matched teams.  so we'll definitely have a shot to steal one in detroit.  hopefully ray can play like he did tonight, and detroit won't shoot lights out every game.  THIS SERIES IS NOT OVER.

« Reply #259 on: May 22, 2008, 11:32:15 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
difference in the game 2 more 3s for the pistons, 3 more foul shots made and about a dozen no calls against the Pistons
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #260 on: May 22, 2008, 11:34:07 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Posey had a tough game. He can't guard the faster 2 guards right now. Doc needed to recognize and put pierce on Hamilton and Posey on Prince.

« Reply #261 on: May 22, 2008, 11:34:23 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 759
painful, painful, painful ......... just cannot believe the way that Detroit's jumpers kept dropping - shot after shot after shot.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #262 on: May 22, 2008, 11:34:29 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 617
Well they better play with some intensity there. Where do I even begin...PP is hot why are we not calling his # all game? Rondo, why the hell are you passing up short j's? why are we not boxing out? I am not giving up, but this was a very fundamentaly flawed team tonight. You simply cannot have that at this level abd expect to win. Were they smoking some of the chiefs peace pipe? I hope so because that would explain the dumb and I mean dumb fouls. I'll give it to detroit though, they were cool down the strech. One more thing....KG taking the last three???????? DOc, do you have your guys practice these situations???????????? If they dont win game 3 its goodnight folks becasue that will crush their confidence. And if it does happen, I count this year as a loss because the agony of playoff losses are far greater than meaningless reg season games. >:(

I feel a little better now
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2008, 11:36:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3779
  • Yup
Detroit is just so [dang] tough.  They just kept hitting shots. 

Well...Celts get to prove their meddle now.  If they can't win on the road they don't deserve it anyhow.

Not their best effort tonight, but not awful.  Detroit just answered the call EVERY time.
Yup

« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2008, 11:37:09 PM »

Offline rmcc4444

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
We've been demoralized by the REFS, but we have to come out and win the 4th....

haha.. why do people ALWAYS blame the refs here?

« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2008, 11:37:45 PM »

Offline overeasy

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
907 -

I agree.  Two very closely matched teams, and with Allen now awake, we'll be even more so.

But....we can't have the defensive break downs we had tonight.  Detroit did shoot well, but many
of those shots were totally open looks.  We MUST play better defense, particularly after made baskets...

Rondo has to take/make some shots.  He looks like a frightened kid out there.  Make one or two
jumpers and the defense will have to think twice about playing as far off him as they are...

And yea, I agree with everyone whose said the Piston's can't shoot the lights out every game like this;
but the problem is, they don't have to do it all season, they only have to do it for a couple more games!

Let's change the game here;  lose at home and then WIN on the freakin' road!

« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2008, 11:38:07 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
One important thing to remember, Ray will shoot the way he did in tonights game for the rest of the playoffs, Stuckey will not. He was  a big part of the victory for Detroit, good job by him, he looked great, but guess what rook, the next game wont be so much fun.

« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2008, 11:38:35 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Yup
I still look back to the key turnaround of the game in the 3rd when the C's went up by 4 with the ball and a heating up Ray Allen missed the 3.  Detroit responded with 3 3's in a row.  That's answering the other teams run.
Yup

« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2008, 11:42:20 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Yup

Yup

« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2008, 11:43:05 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
907 -

I agree.  Two very closely matched teams, and with Allen now awake, we'll be even more so.

But....we can't have the defensive break downs we had tonight.  Detroit did shoot well, but many
of those shots were totally open looks.  We MUST play better defense, particularly after made baskets...

Rondo has to take/make some shots.  He looks like a frightened kid out there.  Make one or two
jumpers and the defense will have to think twice about playing as far off him as they are...

And yea, I agree with everyone whose said the Piston's can't shoot the lights out every game like this;
but the problem is, they don't have to do it all season, they only have to do it for a couple more games!

Let's change the game here;  lose at home and then WIN on the freakin' road!

It's hard to shoot that well over more then one game. Detroit just hit everything. Law of averages will even out.