Author Topic: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)  (Read 343969 times)

Re: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)
« Reply #1680 on: March 27, 2008, 04:28:53 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3778
  • Yup
Keep me posted.

I'd suggest first contacting the guys who haven't who been participating and seeing if they wish to continue (rather than outright voting to boot someone).  If they don't respond or bow out, fill those spots.  Being that it's a keeper league, I'd prefer to get in before the end of the season if that option exists.

You know where to find me if you need me!

just so you know, it is a full keeper league (you keep everyone) so there isnt the same immense pressure to figure it out before the end.
Wow, so most of the guys available for next season are going to be rookies or scrubs?
Yup

« Reply #1681 on: March 27, 2008, 04:55:40 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
yes...it was not the best system, but you keep your whole team, the draft we hold will essentially be all rookies.  if people dont like their teams they will need to be able to make trades...

« Reply #1682 on: March 27, 2008, 05:05:02 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
yes...it was not the best system, but you keep your whole team, the draft we hold will essentially be all rookies.  if people dont like their teams they will need to be able to make trades...

Have we thought about how this is working in terms of the draft?  I would suggest adding one or two roster spots.  The other option, though, is to require owners to drop players to make room for their draftees.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #1683 on: March 27, 2008, 05:10:46 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

Have we thought about how this is working in terms of the draft?  I would suggest adding one or two roster spots.  The other option, though, is to require owners to drop players to make room for their draftees.

I think it is that teams must drop players.  that seems the best, dont want massive rosters, and that will also somewhat allow for potentially intriguing players to be placed on waiver wire.  gives a bit of turnover on the teams since we keep everyone.

« Reply #1684 on: March 27, 2008, 05:11:51 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Yup
That's rough.

I've done a league with a really simple salary structure that at least makes you pay for keeping a guy for a million years.  Basically, you have a cap that applies only to year-to-year keepers before the season.  Once the season starts you can go over the cap. Each player starts with a $1 salary that increases by $1 for every year you keep him.  You can make the cap whatever you want, but at least if you keep Lebron for 10 years it's costing you more than having Scals for 1.

I'm up for whatever though.
Yup

« Reply #1685 on: March 27, 2008, 05:29:36 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I don't like the salary idea - I can barely put enough thought into managing my rosters as it is.  Redz, I look forward to one day walking in to your store in Cape Cod and proclaiming to whoever will listen about how badly I will beat you in the upcoming year.

Is there a way that we can reset the waiver priority in order to give the lowest seeded teams (or whatever the lottery results are) the first dibs on the waiver wire for new players?  That might not be a solution for the draft idea (it sounds like we'll probably have to do that in a thread and have Lucky transfer the results), it would be better than just randomly assigning waiver priority at the beginning of the season.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #1686 on: March 27, 2008, 05:37:16 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
when talking about manegers not being active, i think this is telling: (it is the team name and last active date, in no particular order...)

-iRONLiON- Tue Jan 29 8:01pm EST
AllabouttheGreen Thu Mar 27 10:42am EDT
Birdman  Mon Mar 24 4:15pm EDT
Celtic Fan Forever  Tue Nov 6 12:51pm EST   (he is in 4th place...why hasnt he been more active?)
ChampKind's X-Tacles  Wed Mar 26 4:54pm EDT
Edgar'sStars  Wed Mar 26 8:53am EDT
Green17  Tue Mar 4 6:57am EST
IndeedProceed  Tue Mar 4 3:50pm EST
Larrybird17  Tue Dec 11 7:15am EST
Lucky17  Wed Mar 26 4:45pm EDT
Preseason Favorites Thu Nov 1 6:06pm EDT
RIPRED Jan 25 2:41pm EST
Team Trainwreck  Sat Mar 22 5:13pm EDT
The Walker Wiggle  Tue Mar 25 5:34pm EDT
Utah Flash  Thu Mar 27 12:15pm EDT
Ya'll Hate  Wed Mar 26 1:50pm EDT
blake  Wed Mar 26 10:04am EDT
jayhovaone  Fri Nov 30 9:37pm EST
jgod213 Tue Mar 18 2:57pm EDT
smiggity  Thu Mar 27 12:16pm EDT

some of those gaps are absurd...I understand certain people tanking or realizing that they may not have a chance, but I think that is crazy.

This can be deceptive. Yahoo! doesn't count logging in to check one's team towards roster activity. So, you could log in every day but not make a single roster move, and Yahoo! would consider you an inactive GM.

Still, those bolded teams are the ones I'm leery of inviting back.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #1687 on: March 27, 2008, 05:45:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Re: the offseason, here's what I was thinking.

1. A single-round draft, with the incoming draft class as the available pool, around July 1. We hold this draft via Celticsblog, in a dedicated thread.

2. Trade season opens immediately after that, via Celticsblog, in a dedicated thread.

3. At some point after that, say Sept 1, teams have to trim their rosters to whatever the roster limit we set. I think same as this past year would be good.

4. After we are able to upload our new rosters to our new Yahoo! league, additional roster moves, including adding from the list of available free agents, can take place. This likely won't happen  until a couple weeks before the season begins, maybe Oct 1 at the earliest.   
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #1688 on: March 27, 2008, 06:07:08 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Yup
I don't like the salary idea - I can barely put enough thought into managing my rosters as it is.  Redz, I look forward to one day walking in to your store in Cape Cod and proclaiming to whoever will listen about how badly I will beat you in the upcoming year.

Is there a way that we can reset the waiver priority in order to give the lowest seeded teams (or whatever the lottery results are) the first dibs on the waiver wire for new players?  That might not be a solution for the draft idea (it sounds like we'll probably have to do that in a thread and have Lucky transfer the results), it would be better than just randomly assigning waiver priority at the beginning of the season.
Yeh, salaries are not for everyone, but they do level the playing field in keeper leagues.  Anyhow, as long as I don't have to be Commissioner I'm up for any old rules.

Come on down to lovely Chatham and proclaim away (I'll just turn up the tunes)!
Yup

« Reply #1689 on: March 27, 2008, 06:09:32 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

Re: the offseason, here's what I was thinking.

1. A single-round draft, with the incoming draft class as the available pool, around July 1. We hold this draft via Celticsblog, in a dedicated thread.

2. Trade season opens immediately after that, via Celticsblog, in a dedicated thread.

3. At some point after that, say Sept 1, teams have to trim their rosters to whatever the roster limit we set. I think same as this past year would be good.

4. After we are able to upload our new rosters to our new Yahoo! league, additional roster moves, including adding from the list of available free agents, can take place. This likely won't happen  until a couple weeks before the season begins, maybe Oct 1 at the earliest.   

I think the bolded part is faulty. the draft needs to have two rounds (as people traded picks...).  Additionally, I feel like the rosters should need to be trimmed to the appropriate number pre-draft (like with you planning on taking two guys, cut 2)...or with corresponding drops with picks.  additionally the draft should include (in my opinion), and eligble player because I may choose to grab someone a team has dropped to free up room for a draft pick rather then take a rookie, you know?
maybe i am alone in that believe, but that is how i thinkis best (and how i thought it was going to be, although i could have been mistaken/faulty assumption)

« Reply #1690 on: March 27, 2008, 06:14:55 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
By the way, Redz, there's going to be a spot opening up in another keeper league I'm in, most likely.  The guy's team is stacked, but he quit the league in a huff.

12 keepers.  The team has CP3, Oden, Pierce, Josh Howard, Okafor, Granger, Scola, and David West, so you'd have a pretty [dang] good foundation.  Let me know if you're interested.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #1691 on: March 27, 2008, 06:18:39 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
By the way, Redz, there's going to be a spot opening up in another keeper league I'm in, most likely.  The guy's team is stacked, but he quit the league in a huff.

12 keepers.  The team has CP3, Oden, Pierce, Josh Howard, Okafor, Granger, Scola, and David West, so you'd have a pretty [dang] good foundation.  Let me know if you're interested.

I hear that team is still haunted by the ghost of sexyscottish.  It is a pretty good team for next year though - tons of young talent for a keeper league.  And you'd be inheriting Scal, so there's that.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #1692 on: March 27, 2008, 06:25:42 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

I hear that team is still haunted by the ghost of sexyscottish.  It is a pretty good team for next year though - tons of young talent for a keeper league.  And you'd be inheriting Scal, so there's that.

Haha.  I wasn't going to name names, but yeah.  If he'd actually been active during the season, and made some upgrades, that team would have been a sure-fire playoff team.  Going forward, it's a strong roster.  A little light on guards, maybe, but definitely a contender.

« Reply #1693 on: March 27, 2008, 06:50:01 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Yup

OK, I can probably do one or the other.  I run the roto league I'm in and it's pretty involved...salaries, contracts, rookie draft, and a general player auction.  So, I guess what I'm saying is, an easier league would be good, but I'd like to get involved with 1 league through CelticsBlog.

Lemme know
Yup

« Reply #1694 on: March 27, 2008, 06:55:49 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
nvm
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 07:01:16 PM by yall hate »