Blazers hired & fired their new TV announcer on the same day after some racist & misogynistic tweets he made at the age of 15 were uncovered. Not to excuse the guy at all but this was 13 years ago and he was 15. I don't know how I feel about this. I think each & every one of us probably did & said several regrettable things at that age.

I agree with you. I haven't seen any incidents in his career. For those of us with children, this is a lesson that what you say on social media will stay with you.
I'll also add, it's kind of a jerk move by the Blazers in the sense that they may have just derailed his career too by doing this quickly after supposedly hiring him. And did they not do a thorough background check to begin with?
Their announcement also got community noted:
The Portland Trailblazers have a history of employing players who used racial slurs while employed by them and have hired players with previous violent felony sex convictions.
They do not have zero tolerance for racist or sexist comments.
I'm not defending the actions, BUT it was 13 years ago and again, it sounds like they didn't do a thorough background check to begin with and then panicked when it surfaced. Meanwhile this guy's career is probably derailed because of the way this unfolded within 24 hours