Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Pacers (0-2) ECF Game #3 5/25/24  (Read 19946 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Pacers (0-2) ECF Game #3 5/25/24
« Reply #960 on: May 26, 2024, 12:17:08 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
dammm i finally reached johnny most poster level

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #961 on: May 26, 2024, 12:44:51 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Congrats on 20k.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #962 on: May 26, 2024, 12:46:47 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671

Congrats on 20k.

thanks roy. it is extra special because i loved johnny.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #963 on: May 26, 2024, 12:51:31 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
rooooof roooof toooof
Hahaha TP my brotha

Didn’t realize I put toof ****
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #964 on: May 26, 2024, 01:56:06 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1039
For all the naysayers out there on social media considering this a poor performance sans Hali, I feel just the opposite.

it shows this team is learning. This coach is evolving. That was excellent gameplan, execution, and intensity in the final 15 minutes of this game.

Compare this to Game 2 against Miami, when we were rolling our eyes at every heave that found the bottom of the net. Indy scored 69 in the first half. Celtics clamped down and start protecting the paint like I’ve never seen before out of them. The zone worked. 42 points in the final 24 minutes.

Against Miami in Game 2, they never adjusted and never recovered. Against Cleveland in Game 2, they rolled over and looked to Game 3. But tonight? They just never stopped coming.

Between Game 1 on Tuesday and tonight, we found our mettle.

For years we said nobody can stand in our way but us. And that proved true multiple times. No more. Nobody can stand in our way.

Close this out Monday and get ready for June 6th. We are ready.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #965 on: May 26, 2024, 02:09:48 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Reminded me of Nets/Celtics Game 2 when we were down by like 18 and the Celtics willed themselves back to win that game.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #966 on: May 26, 2024, 02:22:41 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
A little late, but TPs all around!!!
great win!   Celtics never say die!

TP back at ya  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #967 on: May 26, 2024, 02:25:29 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
Pacers fans looked dumbstruck.  Got to be a tough one for fans.

I didn’t listen to any national post-game but I’d be shocked if the Cs didn’t get some love for the comeback and the strong finish. And if they’re crediting the Pacers for playing well/tough without their best player, they’d be right. Indy was great for three quarters and worked their butts off in the fourth.

Must be an agonizing series for Pacer fans for sure.  Game 1 heartbreak and then this.  Lots of frustration if they're expecting to win the series (which they shouldn't be expecting, but some fans drink the kool aid)

Yes it sucks to be them  :laugh: :'(  :-[  :angel:
(click to enlarge)

I said after Game 1, an NBA game can come down to one or two key moments that swing it, but there's a lot of moments that get you to that point...they won a lot of those but we won just a little bit more, and like in Game 1 we won 2 of the last 3 (Jrue steal and Nesmith miss of an open shot). Like the Cavs, they didn't have any quit in them despite losing players, but we were just that bit better when we needed to be.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #968 on: May 26, 2024, 02:31:08 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2524
Pacers fans looked dumbstruck.  Got to be a tough one for fans.

I didn’t listen to any national post-game but I’d be shocked if the Cs didn’t get some love for the comeback and the strong finish. And if they’re crediting the Pacers for playing well/tough without their best player, they’d be right. Indy was great for three quarters and worked their butts off in the fourth.

Must be an agonizing series for Pacer fans for sure.  Game 1 heartbreak and then this.  Lots of frustration if they're expecting to win the series (which they shouldn't be expecting, but some fans drink the kool aid)

Yes it sucks to be them  :laugh: :'(  :-[  :angel:
(click to enlarge)

I said after Game 1, an NBA game can come down to one or two key moments that swing it, but there's a lot of moments that get you to that point...they won a lot of those but we won just a little bit more, and like in Game 1 we won 2 of the last 3 (Jrue steal and Nesmith miss of an open shot). Like the Cavs, they didn't have any quit in them despite losing players, but we were just that bit better when we needed to be.

We have another gear defensively that they just can't match. We finally found that gear when we started playing team ball late in the 3rd.

« Reply #969 on: May 26, 2024, 04:06:27 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Tatum had a monster game… 36/10/8 and shot 50% from the field.
Lets see what the media says about him now. GUARANTEE they won't be wetting their pants like they do for Luka or Antman LOL

They'll just be like "oh anyone can put up 36/10/8 against a Haliburton-less Pacers squad who shouldn't belong in the ECF."

But it's razzle dazzle for Ant-Man or Luka all day everyday

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #970 on: May 26, 2024, 07:50:53 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Nembhard going for 30 plus was not on my bingo card.

There is no chance he does that again or is remotely that good Monday.

« Reply #971 on: May 26, 2024, 09:18:36 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
In previous years Marc Davis would've taken the Celtics out of their game. But they hung tough and pulled out a game that was all up hill. The Crowd, Pacers playing out of their minds, Refs with so many bad one way calls.  Still a win. This team has come a long way!

« Reply #972 on: May 26, 2024, 09:27:02 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
In previous years Marc Davis would've taken the Celtics out of there game. But they hung tough and pulled out a game that was all up hill. The Crowd, Pacers playing out of their minds, Refs with so many bad one way calls.  Still a win. This team has come a long way!

Marc Davis did his best to get the Pacers the win. Not by just the stuff they called on Boston but by the stuff they ignored from Indiana. Things that were being done by the Pacers were not called and then they would be called on Boston.

Nembhard drives to the basket EVERY time and dislodges his defender with his off arm to create enough space so he can hit that fall away jumper. It is blatant. Brown did the same thing one time and was called for it. Turner and Siakim throw their big butts out on the screen. No call. The flagrant foul on White was a joke. Turner lands sideways and kicked his leg out.

It was the worst whistle the Cs have gotten all playoffs and it is no surprise it was Marc Davis. He hates Boston.

The missed foul on Jrue that led to a Turner and one was atrocious. That was a 5 point swing. Jrue should have had 2 FTs but yet Turner gets a fast break hoop and a phantom foul called.

The clear path was a joke. In every other situation that is called a clear path.

And let me say...Doris Burke is insufferable. That broadcast team spends the entire game talking about the Pacers. They did this even in game 2 when the Cs were up 20. Reddick is the only one that brings some common sense. Even Mike Breen sounded sad when the Cs were making their run.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 09:34:31 AM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #973 on: May 26, 2024, 09:31:51 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
And is game 4 where we see Hauser finally get going??

« Reply #974 on: May 26, 2024, 09:36:18 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
so celtics have proved they can answer the bell in a close game right? 2 close games that could've gone either way and boston took control of both to win it. the difference being 3-0 instead of 1-2.

to me that was the last step we needed to see. But I doubt the media will give them the praise they gave luka/kyrie for doing the same in close games