Author Topic: Cavaliers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #5 5/15/24  (Read 16497 times)

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 982
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Just getting out of work…why is this game close?
C’s only started playing defense in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3222
Tatum is such an idiot.

Horrible shot that happened to go in, then can't shut up and gets a tech.
Reminds me some of a young Paul Pierce before Garnett made him grow up and taught him how to win.
    (though Pierce never lacked for toughness the way Tatum does)

Tatum didn't say anything.

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 264
White seems to be the only one who purposedly attacks the rim. We need to do that more often.
The Jays just need to show more energy on offense.
And where is Jrue when we need him?

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 758
Tatum is such an idiot.

Horrible shot that happened to go in, then can't shut up and gets a tech.
Reminds me some of a young Paul Pierce before Garnett made him grow up and taught him how to win.
    (though Pierce never lacked for toughness the way Tatum does)

Tatum didn't say anything.

fair enough
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
That was incredible defense to end the half. If White didn't tap it right to Merrill for that 3, we would have shut them out in the 2nd half of the period.

And that tech on Tatum is weak. Tatum seriously gets the weakest techs in the league. And Tony Brothers is awful. We just need to get through this one.

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264
Al woke up and is playing strong D and making 3s this game.  Forget the past.  3blocks helps.

Sorry for talking crap about you earlier Big Al. Now rally the troops and lead the second half charge!

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
On the one hand if you wave a hand towards the ref's you will get a T 100% of the time.

On the other hand he was 100% fouled on that shot. And the refs had some brutal officiating that half, so i get the frustration.

Nope. That is untrue. I watch other players - particularly Luka - get away with this ALL the time. For whatever reason, Tatum is the only one where they consistently call it on him.

Seriously, watch Luka tonight. He complains on literally every single call, and every few plays he waves his hands at the refs just like Tatum with no call. It's asinine.

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 979
Lebron flops his hands after every no call. He never gets t’d up. There is an agenda tonight for sure

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 574
On the one hand if you wave a hand towards the ref's you will get a T 100% of the time.

On the other hand he was 100% fouled on that shot. And the refs had some brutal officiating that half, so i get the frustration.

Nope. That is untrue. I watch other players - particularly Luka - get away with this ALL the time. For whatever reason, Tatum is the only one where they consistently call it on him.

Seriously, watch Luka tonight. He complains on literally every single call, and every few plays he waves his hands at the refs just like Tatum with no call. It's asinine.

Ask anybody who covers basketball my friend, that gets called

There isn't soe compsiracy against tatum. Enough with that nonsense.

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 433
Charles Barkley said it perfectly..they not going win a championship with this standing around offense..let one player bounce the ball for 18 seconds then shoot..no Porzingus, Denver wax us if we get pass Knicks or pacers
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
THANK YOU DRAYMOND! Railing on our awful extreme drop ocoverage PnR defense, particularly by Al but Kornet is just as bad. We're simply way too low and not pressuring the ball enough on it.

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 758
Barkley is nailing it with his halftime comments about our stagnant offense. (I generally think the guy is a blowhard).

The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
TNT studio crew trashing the C’s offense, describing it as four guys standing around, while the J’s take turns playing iso ball.

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Drop coverage is killing this team like it did in the finals

No ball movement on offense while Tatum and brown take turns iso

This team is frustrating

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3222
Al woke up and is playing strong D and making 3s this game.  Forget the past.  3blocks helps.

Sorry for talking crap about you earlier Big Al. Now rally the troops and lead the second half charge!

I'd still like to see Q get minutes in the second have.