Love Pritchard's mindset coming into the season.
I wonder if the Mike Conley signing was an investment in Pritchard's continuing development? Maybe the FO really believed in his ability to take the next step.
I hope so, but how many next steps can Pritchard take? He's already proven himself a very solid rotation player, either as starter or sixth man. It would be great if he takes a leap as a leader and maybe bumps up his scoring a notch, but he's already exceeded expectations IMO and it would be great if he just maintained his current performance level. The leaps that have to happen if this team is going to exceed expectations this year have to come from Q and one or two of the random wings. Of course that assumes we get JT back to 100%.
More pace benefits him. I think George will be better for his game than Brown was, but only a little bit.
I think the biggest opportunity is usage and decision-making. I think they brought Conley in to teach him how to consistently pilot and offense. He proved to be one of the best at isolation efficiency last year.
If there was a guy that could become a player like Brunson in the league, it would be Pritchard.