Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 641317 times)

blink, RMO, Atzar, Goldstar88 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #4455 on: April 03, 2024, 10:04:12 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 617
Bucks about ready to lose to the Grzzlies again ;D
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #4456 on: April 03, 2024, 10:04:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398
Man bucks gonna lose to grizzlies g leaguers an and Jaren Jackson . I really hope I don’t see another doc rivers has helped this team take from anyone media, here or anywhere. They could obviously still go on a playoff run but that was also possible with Griffin and would only happen because of lillard and Gianni’s, not coaching.

« Reply #4457 on: April 03, 2024, 10:05:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
I think it is more likely that we don't play Miami or Philly than it is that we do.

OK, well I don't agree, but we are both just guessing.  In order for it not to be MIA or PHI, IND would have to drop back, lose one game and maybe another, or ATL or CHI would need to beat MIA or PHI, all possibilities.  Most likely though, for it to not be MIA or PHI, one or the other would need to lose two games.
If Miami beats Indiana in a few days, they will move to 6. I think they win that game and do just that.  They have the same amount of losses right now, it isn't like Miami has to pick up ground.  That moves Miami to 6 and I'd expect Philly to beat Indy in the play in.

That would be fine with me.  MIA at 6, PHI at 7, and IND (or whoever) at 8.  ORL and NYK at 4 & 5.  Would be a nice "bracket" for the Celtics.

Although honestly, I am not sure that IND would be any easier to beat than MIA.  I see them as approximately equally difficult to beat.

Miami's catching fire right now. They are THAT team. That team that's built to play spoilers in the playoffs. The New York Giants but in basketball.

I don't want Philly either with a healthy Embiid and a better coach in Nick Nurse.

Just give me one of Atlanta/Indy/Chicago and I'm good

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4458 on: April 03, 2024, 10:06:44 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
Obvious Bucks tanking is obvious. They're ducking really hard to avoid the 76ers in round 1  ;D ;D ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4459 on: April 03, 2024, 10:08:59 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
Oh man, Milwaukee on the verge of back to back losses to the Wizards and Grizzlies.

« Reply #4460 on: April 03, 2024, 10:10:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
I think it is more likely that we don't play Miami or Philly than it is that we do.

OK, well I don't agree, but we are both just guessing.  In order for it not to be MIA or PHI, IND would have to drop back, lose one game and maybe another, or ATL or CHI would need to beat MIA or PHI, all possibilities.  Most likely though, for it to not be MIA or PHI, one or the other would need to lose two games.
If Miami beats Indiana in a few days, they will move to 6. I think they win that game and do just that.  They have the same amount of losses right now, it isn't like Miami has to pick up ground.  That moves Miami to 6 and I'd expect Philly to beat Indy in the play in.

That would be fine with me.  MIA at 6, PHI at 7, and IND (or whoever) at 8.  ORL and NYK at 4 & 5.  Would be a nice "bracket" for the Celtics.

Although honestly, I am not sure that IND would be any easier to beat than MIA.  I see them as approximately equally difficult to beat.

Miami's catching fire right now. They are THAT team. That team that's built to play spoilers in the playoffs. The New York Giants but in basketball.

I don't want Philly either with a healthy Embiid and a better coach in Nick Nurse.

Man do you even look beyond the last 2 games when you say a team is catching fire? You’ve done this like 8 times for teams playing .500 ball. Miami was 8-7 in march with 6 of the wins coming against the pistons, wizards, blazers and jazz (3 against the pistons alone). Like come on, you can keep this loosely fact based. By any objective measure in the world Miami is nowhere close to catching fire. They actually played some
Of their worst ball last month of the season.

« Reply #4461 on: April 03, 2024, 10:10:49 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 617

Miami isn't doing jack this year. Beating Portland and Wash isn't impressive.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #4462 on: April 03, 2024, 10:11:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
Oh man, Milwaukee on the verge of back to back losses to the Wizards and Grizzlies.

If they win their next game though they are on fire.

« Reply #4463 on: April 03, 2024, 10:14:54 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
Milwaukee didn’t have Middleton or Lillard. Still a bad loss.

« Reply #4464 on: April 03, 2024, 10:15:53 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Man I kept thinking the bucks were going to turn it around. They just aren’t very good.’

« Reply #4465 on: April 03, 2024, 10:17:57 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 895
  • GOT IT!!!
Man I kept thinking the bucks were going to turn it around. They just aren’t very good.’

Somebody alert Kevin O’Connor.

« Reply #4466 on: April 03, 2024, 10:20:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
Milwaukee didn’t have Middleton or Lillard. Still a bad loss.

Grizzlies didn’t have smart, bane, morant and started Gregory Jackson, Scottie pippin junior and trey Jamison. It was an absolutely humiliating loss in a game they were favored to win by 13 points

« Reply #4467 on: April 03, 2024, 10:20:59 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

That was his worst take of the year. They should bring back griffin.

« Reply #4468 on: April 03, 2024, 10:42:15 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1869

That was his worst take of the year. They should bring back griffin.

Fire Doc!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #4469 on: April 03, 2024, 11:10:10 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cavs look like one and done in the playoffs