Author Topic: Is Taurean Prince the forward we are looking for?  (Read 2911 times)

Re: Is Taurean Prince the forward we are looking for?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2023, 11:48:33 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Think grant is the best option if they can resign him,

I also want Josh Richardson

I agree but money will be a major issue.

Yeah..I hope Grant stays the more I think about it. Just the money issue might be a non starter in talks.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2023, 02:12:38 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233

Yeah..I hope Grant stays the more I think about it. Just the money issue might be a non starter in talks.

I would like Grant to stay as well but I'm sure it will come down to money. The NBA let Golden State spend and spend for championships but now that our time has come they make it near impossible for Brad to finish the job.

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2023, 03:33:45 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 167

I would like Grant to stay as well but I'm sure it will come down to money. The NBA let Golden State spend and spend for championships but now that our time has come they make it near impossible for Brad to finish the job.

I would take Prince over Grant right now!!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2023, 03:39:13 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
What qualities do people like about Grant? Sell me on Grant at $15m because I'm missing something.
ok fine

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2023, 03:40:16 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Gran is a better rebounder and slightly better shooter, based on lower usage, better enough to bother with 2nd apron stuff, not sure

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2023, 04:00:20 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1216
What qualities do people like about Grant? Sell me on Grant at $15m because I'm missing something.

Who has said to sign him for $15 million per year? I don't think many people want to sign him "no matter what"
I'm bitter.

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2023, 04:00:48 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 167
Gran is a better rebounder and slightly better shooter, based on lower usage, better enough to bother with 2nd apron stuff, not sure

That's it?  Better rebounder?  Yeah, last season he averaged 2.2 more RPG than Prince.  But then again, Prince scored more, had a higher FG and FT %  and oh by the way, Prince had a 34" vertical to GWill's 26".

Like I said, I'll take Prince over Gwill any day right now.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2023, 04:02:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

That seems like an overpay. Especially if Joe isn't going to play Grant.

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2023, 04:07:39 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I think that is way too much for him. I want to keep but not for that price.

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2023, 04:33:34 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501

Who has said to sign him for $15 million per year? I don't think many people want to sign him "no matter what"

Several people have. See the Grant thread.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 05:45:33 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2023, 04:37:16 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68

That's it?  Better rebounder?  Yeah, last season he averaged 2.2 more RPG than Prince.  But then again, Prince scored more, had a higher FG and FT %  and oh by the way, Prince had a 34" vertical to GWill's 26".

Like I said, I'll take Prince over Gwill any day right now.

About 1 extra offensive rebound per 100 possessions over there careers, not nothing, but worth an extra up to 10 million in salary and another 40 million in tax, probably not.

That is if they can get prince on tmle.

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2023, 05:39:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Main advantage for G Will over Taureen Prince is size ... namely bulk rather than height. G Will has the bulk to defend bigger tougher forwards that players like T Prince struggle with.

It is a limited marketplace in terms of solid defenders who can cover big PFs like Giannis and Durant while still being an offensive threat on the other end of the floor. That is the advantage G Will has over many others.

There are plenty of big forwards who can either defend well (Vanderbilt types) or play good offense (G Niang types) but not that many that can do both. Fewer still who can matchup physically & athletically with the toughest matchups at the PF position with guys like Giannis, LeBron, Durant.

Guys like T Prince are more abundant. By that I mean, solid wing size at 6-6 / 6-7 215lbs and some bit of a two way game. They separate themselves from the pack by being elite at something either defense or offense. T Prince was unable to do either. So he landed closer to the bottom of the pack. Add in his age and extra years in the league and you have a situation were teams no longer believe he'll become one of those high level glue guy wings. So he is available at a cheaper price since he is easier to find alternatives to / replacements for.

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2023, 06:00:30 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Main advantage for G Will over Taureen Prince is size ... namely bulk rather than height. G Will has the bulk to defend bigger tougher forwards that players like T Prince struggle with.

It is a limited marketplace in terms of solid defenders who can cover big PFs like Giannis and Durant while still being an offensive threat on the other end of the floor. That is the advantage G Will has over many others.

There are plenty of big forwards who can either defend well (Vanderbilt types) or play good offense (G Niang types) but not that many that can do both. Fewer still who can matchup physically & athletically with the toughest matchups at the PF position with guys like Giannis, LeBron, Durant.

Guys like T Prince are more abundant. By that I mean, solid wing size at 6-6 / 6-7 215lbs and some bit of a two way game. They separate themselves from the pack by being elite at something either defense or offense. T Prince was unable to do either. So he landed closer to the bottom of the pack. Add in his age and extra years in the league and you have a situation were teams no longer believe he'll become one of those high level glue guy wings. So he is available at a cheaper price since he is easier to find alternatives to / replacements for.

Taureen Prince on short money playing 10-15 minutes a game seems like an OK deal unless the Celtics are going to play Hauser...

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2023, 12:22:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2023, 01:48:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

No, your not missing anything, other people have unrealistic views on Grant and it that simple.    We will see what the market decides but to put this in context.

$10,714,287 is what Rob makes here, is Grant better, not even close

Smart makes 16.61 million  and Grant is not remotely close to him in terms of contribution

Seth Curry is a way better shooter and made 8.208 million USD   last year.

He is not worth 15 million folks

We can do better on the market.