Author Topic: Spend Wyc's money: your quasi-realistic off-season  (Read 2870 times)

Re: Spend Wyc's money: your quasi-realistic off-season
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2023, 06:07:55 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Scratch Lowry.  Most recent reports are that the Heat are going to keep him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2023, 07:04:14 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258

It would have been really great to get him as a veteran leader. We need a voice on the roster that has actually won a championship (sorry Al). Having Cassell helps a little, but it means so much more when it's a teammate with that experience as opposed to a coach.

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2023, 08:04:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3142
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

It would have been really great to get him as a veteran leader. We need a voice on the roster that has actually won a championship (sorry Al). Having Cassell helps a little, but it means so much more when it's a teammate with that experience as opposed to a coach.
Counterpoint: he’s an unlikeable turd
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2023, 08:08:57 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Wyc doesn't have much money, comparatively speaking... he is one of the least well-off owners in the NBA. His net worth is "only" $400M... but these other NBA owners are worth billions...

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/ceos/wyc-grousbeck-net-worth/

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2023, 08:16:13 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wyc doesn't have much money, comparatively speaking... he is one of the least well-off owners in the NBA. His net worth is "only" $400M... but these other NBA owners are worth billions...

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/ceos/wyc-grousbeck-net-worth/

His net worth has been listed at $400 million for at least a decade.  He's the majority owner of a franchise valued at $4 billion, which is also one of the most profitable teams in the NBA.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2023, 08:22:21 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown

His net worth has been listed at $400 million for at least a decade.  He's the majority owner of a franchise valued at $4 billion, which is also one of the most profitable teams in the NBA.

I'm definitely not making excuses for him. BUT, *if* he is cheap.. this is what he could be telling himself to be cheap. The Warriors spent a lotttt to keep going so I hope he doesn't play games and goes for it and pays a big tax, even if just for a year or two.

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2023, 08:59:41 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572
I'd still go after Lillard.  He is likely available and Boston has the best package to offer (with Brown).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2023, 09:19:47 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
My plan would be similar at this stage but I would try and sign Taureen Prince to the TMLE, and Thomas Bryant and Kendrick Nunn as Vet Minimum Free Agents, as well as Walsh and Davison. End up I think just below the 2nd Apron with 14 players, with enough room to add a pro-rated free agent before the playoffs I think.

Tatum
Horford
KP
White
Brown

Brogdon
Prince
R. Williams
Bryant
Nunn
Pritchard
Hauser
Davidson
Walsh

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2023, 09:21:09 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
It's not just Wyc, he has partners, and they are paying i think around $100 in luxury tax this year

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2023, 09:25:03 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
Would anyone ponder the possibility of trading Kornet and a protected 2nd round pick for Jokic??

;D ;D

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2023, 09:32:57 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51

In that case , let's go Get Jerami Grant ;D ;D

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2023, 10:31:06 PM »

Offline DBCooper

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Offer Reaves the max he can get

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2023, 11:55:13 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
Eric Gordon got released I wonder if they do and try and squeeze underneath the 2nd apron whether they will look to offload Pritchard, with his salary the Celtics can afford 2 vet minimum guys.

Looks like this 2nd apron is really going to squeeze the NBA middle class, major stuff up by the Players Association.

This scenario might occur if they want to use the TMLE, not necessarily on Gordon

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2023, 12:33:09 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 630
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Smokeablount Culture:

-Sign & Trade Grant for $12-15M TPE + four #2’s.

-Trade PP + two #2’s to Washington for Monte Morris.

-Sign Josh Richardson for the MLE.

-Sign Torrey Craig for the VM (Vet Min).

-Sign a VM Big, not sure who. If left with no options, Blake did fine eating reg season minutes last year.

-Sign Walsh for 4 years, $3-4M.

-Another year on a 2-way for JD to keep him cost controlled longer.

White/Morris
Brown/Brogdon
Tatum/JRich
KP/Craig
Rob/Al

Deep Bench: Hauser, Kornet, Walsh, VM Big, Open Roster Spot

Can’t pay Grant, but improve 2-3 reg season rotation spots and replace Grant on the cheap with an older less impactful version in Craig.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 12:55:32 AM by smokeablount »
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2023, 06:41:22 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1216

I'm definitely not making excuses for him. BUT, *if* he is cheap.. this is what he could be telling himself to be cheap. The Warriors spent a lotttt to keep going so I hope he doesn't play games and goes for it and pays a big tax, even if just for a year or two.

If we do go over the 2nd apron, I hope we make it worth it. The only difference between being $1 dollar over the 2nd apron and $20 million over is the amount of tax you pay, so if you're gonna go over this year then do everything you can to make the team better and retain options for next year (in other words, re-sign Grant both to play him this year and to potentially trade down the line)
I'm bitter.